List of vaccines that Thailand approves of?

Swiss1960

Friend of mine received a cross-vaccination in his home-country and has a certificate of vaccination. He is trying to find out, whether this sort of vaccination is accepted in Thailand. Is there a website somewhere that outlines, which vaccines / vaccine combinations Thailand will accept as "being vaccinated" and from which country and therefore being able to enter the country without quarantine? 

26 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Thai AZ is AZD 1222 same as other AZ.  So why wouldn't they? 

Of course they would accept it, thats why I used the word humorous and added a smiling face.

BUT Thai AZ is not on the WHO list. 

And from the front page of AZ Thailand website (this morning) in relation to THAI astra:

"To make it easier for more governments to recognize, for travel purposes, vaccines that are manufactured across AstraZeneca’s worldwide network, we aim to secure World Health Organisation Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) for manufacturing sites, including Siam Bioscience."

4 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Of course they would accept it, thats why I used the word humorous and added a smiling face.

BUT Thai AZ is not on the WHO list. 

And from the front page of AZ Thailand website (this morning) in relation to THAI astra:

"To make it easier for more governments to recognize, for travel purposes, vaccines that are manufactured across AstraZeneca’s worldwide network, we aim to secure World Health Organisation Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) for manufacturing sites, including Siam Bioscience."

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Edited by shdmn

if he has received it already and in a legal way, has certificate with all details of both, than no reason for COE refusal.

As more people are getting jabbed over time and as more different vax combinations there are, the governments will have to follow this trend.

Just initiate COE application now, to give consulate time to check with ministry of health.

There would liberalisation of rules, might include certificate of covid recovery and positive antibody tests - many countries do them for long, yet before vax programs started

• Like 1

My understanding is

• Thailand recognises vaccines approved by WHO
  • vaccines approved for use in Thailand, some of these may NOT be approved by WHO

NOTE

I landed at BKK in April 2021 and I had SINPOPHARM which was approved by WHO in March-April, however the Thai health inspector at airport told me that SINOPHARM wasn’t on the Thai approved list yet, so I had to complete 10 days quarantine instead of the 7 days, this new rule didn’t last long as everything went wrong in April May.

the question of mixing vaccines is a huge question, and no one can answer that question here, it can only come from Thai Embassy

your OP friend will get an answer regarding his COE application, "approved or rejected"

Edited by bolt
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

People vaccinated with Sputnik V can enter the Phuket Sandbox. 

Does that mean that the list given above is not right ? Or special option for Phuket sandbox ? If quarantine lifted as announced for X provinces on Nov 1st, which vaccines are accepted ?

Could we get for once clear and precise infos from all those guys ?

Good night

1 hour ago, domdom said:

Does that mean that the list given above is not right ? Or special option for Phuket sandbox ? If quarantine lifted as announced for X provinces on Nov 1st, which vaccines are accepted ?

Could we get for once clear and precise infos from all those guys ?

Good night

The list is correct as it's a list of WHO approved vacccines.  However it's not the full story as Thailand accepts these and also vaccines approved by the Thai authorities, like Sinovac, Sputnik etc.  Here's a list from IATA:

image.png.6d6d2e315083d2c63acc150964794769.png

There is no mention of mixed vaccines so still doesn't really answer the OP's question.