Thailand reports 11,646 new COVID-19 cases and 107 more deaths

webfact

55 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

A possible November 1 full opening looks dangerous for foreign holidayers........

I dont like most of policy what Thailand is doing whit this covid. But some point have to start live again! I have get 2 shot's of Pfizer and im not afraid of covid. Haven't scared any time actualy, if can start live like i want i do that! I come right back when all quarantine and other sht is over. My MRS told me , seems like its next year . So then it is,  anyway i have always spend xmas here in Finland. Good have many other way to contact nowdays than snail mail or land line.

• Confused 1

Tourism chief again plans to open up Thailand’s rock bottom tourism industry to cryptocurrencies 

The devastating impact of COVID-19 on the tourism industry has caused it to shed no less than 3 million jobs or 71% of its workforce with the confidence index in the third quarter of 2021 hitting the floor. In the meantime, the boss of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) and top officials have been focused on creating a new foreign tourism industry based on higher-quality standards and a new vision of wealthy global travellers using cryptocurrencies. Financial analysts and observers monitoring the decimation of the industry which before 2020, helped generate up to 20% of Thailand’s GDP, are pointing to the need to abolish the restrictive Certificate of Entry system as the key to the kingdom achieving a significant uptick in foreign visitors projected to only reach 280,000 travellers in 2021 according to the Tourism Council of Thailand.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/09/30/tourism-chief-plans-cryptocurrency-tourism/

• Like 1

Thailand plans to inoculate 33,000 students aged 12 and above in Bangkok with the Pfizer vaccine, starting from October 4. The country received its first batch of 2 million ordered Pfizer doses on Wednesday.

#Thailand #Covid19 #ไฟเซอร์ #โควิดวันนี้

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1443508434582720512

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/09/30/tourism-chief-plans-cryptocurrency-tourism/

It is good to hear those higher up the food chain making noise about, and realising that the COE and other hoops to enter Thailand are what will ultimately make or break Thailands plan to get tourists back.

Lets hope these words don't fall on deaf ears.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

You must have a very nervous disposition. 

Assuming you are fully vaccinated  I wouldn’t get too stressed. 

All the data is already going in the right direction and the vaccinations administered so far are obviously having some effect. 

Give it in another month the fully vaccinated numbers will also be a lot healthier and as posted in another thread the numbers of new infections are predicted to continually drop to around 3,000 according to the Public Health Ministry. 

For those who think coming with that scenario is dangerous then maybe it’s best not to come, but hopefully for the sake of the Thai people other people get a better perspective of the situation and return. 

Personally been fully vaccinated if I get covid I have done all I can to prevent it affecting me badly. I'd be more worried about getting dragged off to an isolation centre or hospital if I was asymptomatic or only mild illness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

I dont like most of policy what Thailand is doing whit this covid. But some point have to start live again! I have get 2 shot's of Pfizer and im not afraid of covid. Haven't scared any time actualy, if can start live like i want i do that! I come right back when all quarantine and other sht is over. My MRS told me , seems like its next year . So then it is,  anyway i have always spend xmas here in Finland. Good have many other way to contact nowdays than snail mail or land line.

Your Mrs is wise, better hunker down in Finland then, enjoy your white xmas and get your snow shovel out..........

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Dangerous how?

Keep ramping up vaccinations and boosting others, get things looking better on the home front first, unfortunately a bit behind but its looking better for the people and the hardships they have endured for some time...

Thailand’s Reopening Confusion: Another Reflection of Government Disunity

Thailand’s leader appears to be putting his own political survival over public health considerations or policy consistency

On June 16, amid soaring COVID-19 cases, Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha made a bold announcement that he would “fully” reopen the country “in 120 days from today” to boost economic recovery. But with the countdown clock ticking down, it has become clear that Prayut’s vow lacks serious substance. Members of his government have given different answers when questioned about the specific date and procedures towards reopening, and the Thai public has been left confused and frustrated.

https://thediplomat.com/2021/09/thailands-reopening-confusion-another-reflection-of-government-disunity/

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Personally been fully vaccinated if I get covid I have done all I can to prevent it affecting me badly. I'd be more worried about getting dragged off to an isolation centre or hospital if I was asymptomatic or only mild illness.

That's why the vast majority won't travel and take the chance.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

I don't know what part of Thailand u live in, but where I live any foreigner who wants a vaccine can get one very easily, walk in vaccines every week. 

This appears to be true if you consider a Chinese Vaccine as one that you want.  Try to not get that for your first shot.  Not possible in Nong Khai for a non Thai.  Actually also for a Thai.  Until that changes it will be difficult to get even half the population vaccinated.

8 hours ago, sucit said:

Vaccinated and unvaccinated no difference in viral load. Despite what you hear everyone claiming for months even though nobody knew if that was true or not. 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.28.21264262v1

Did you read the article at all or just grab the headline to fit your agenda.  The "No difference" is between asymptomatic and symptomatic infections. Try again. If a vaccinated individual is infected it's a break-through infection and one would expect the viral loads to be similar 

Edited by ThailandRyan

COVID-19: Thailand reports 11,754 new coronavirus cases, 123 deaths

COV1.JPG

File photo: Reuters

Thailand on Friday (October) reported 11,754 new COVID-19 cases, 12,473 recoveries and 123 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1233690-covid-19-thailand-reports-11754-new-coronavirus-cases-123-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin