Danish man released after two years in Cambodian prison

geovalin

After sitting two years in a Cambodian prison under rough conditions Danish Sejr Gundel has now returned to his mom in Denmark, BT writes.

The Dane was locked up in 2019 after he was arrested by the Cambodian police with 0,1 grams of Methamphetamine in what Sejr Gundel claims were a setup. Sejr, who at the time was living in Thailand where he managed a restaurant with his wife, had gone to Cambodia to renew his visa. It was during this visit that Sejr made the mistake of taking a tiny bag of drugs to his guesthouse room where he was arrested.

“It was a setup. While I was drunk I was persuaded into taking the bag for free and then told to go to my guesthouse room with it. A few minutes later cops were pouring in. This mistake cost me everything in a matter of two seconds,” Sejr says and adds. “An Argentine and three others were also arrested at the same time. That’s the way that police, lawyers, and others earn a lot of money down there.”

read more https://scandasia.com/danish-man-released-after-two-years-in-cambodian-prison/