Thai Court rejects dual pricing case from expat in Hua Hin

webfact

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is there something missing ?

Section 27. All persons are equal before the law, and shall have rights and liberties and be protected equally under the law.

Men and women shall enjoy equal rights.

Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of differences in origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic and social standing, religious belief, education, or political view which is not contrary to the provisions of the Constitution, or on any other grounds shall not be permitted. Unless not Thai.

Actually there is wiggle room - Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of differences in Nationality is not mentioned. 

Ummm? That is pretty much covered by “origin”.

8 hours ago, d2b2 said:
11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is there something missing ?

Section 27. All persons are equal before the law, and shall have rights and liberties and be protected equally under the law.

Men and women shall enjoy equal rights.

Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of differences in origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic and social standing, religious belief, education, or political view which is not contrary to the provisions of the Constitution, or on any other grounds shall not be permitted. Unless not Thai.

Actually there is wiggle room - Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of differences in Nationality is not mentioned. 

Ummm? That is pretty much covered by “origin”.

I'm not so sure.... Because ‘someone’ can originate from another country, yet still hold Thai Nationality. 

I thought private hospitals were the same price for everyone?

Government hospitals are different as foreigners must pay more of course because we dont pay anything towards health costs like Thais do. No taxes etc 

Get medical insurance and don't worry about it. 

On 9/30/2021 at 6:42 PM, pedro01 said:

If you are a taxpayer - you should get a Social Security card and have named a hospital for free or massively reduced healthcare.

I know I did - I never used it - but apparently it put me on par with the locals.

In the UK - you get free healthcare but foreigners have to pay. Same deal.

In Thailand - there are many that are not taxpayers too and don't have the social security card. These are the poorest of the Thais. Nobody should expect to pay what they pay. So by my reckoning - one price for Social Security card holders makes sense, one price for the dirt poor who are scraping by and not officially employed - then the foreigner price. I can see 3 tiers being ok. Not sure what #4 is though.

Yes I'm in the Pakan Sakom. They stopped issuing these cards a couple years ago, I still kept my old one. Went today for my WP (work permit) check-up, paid 210 baht with blood test and consulting included..

On 9/30/2021 at 1:02 PM, Nickelbeer said:

No expat can ever expect justice from a Thai court.

Barstool banter. Of course they can, and do get justice. Most courts are not biased and follow the law. I have been personally involved in several cases of Farang vs Thai, in the court, as a witness, where the Farang has won. Cases included libel, intellectual property and employment.