Cinemas reopen in Thailand - just don’t expect any popcorn

webfact

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There is no way that you could live in Thailand or even visit and not be aware of eateries with live music.

No I'm not including bars such as Stumble Inn even though it has full kitchen

Extremely common in my experience..... I have been known to eat relatively early to avoid them. They are often appreciative of seeing a falang there early in their show, and will murder an English tune or two just for me. 

Good.  Movie theater popcorn is a huge money maker but is a terrible bag of junk full of fat, grease and oil.  Maybe not serving it will save some heart disease.

LA Times:

Movie theater popcorn is ridiculously unhealthy and you should stop eating it. ... For example, a small popcorn, without butter, from AMC weighs in at 225 calories and 11 grams of fat. Crank it up to a medium and you're up to about 430 calories and 20 grams of fat.

I had dinner today (Oct 2) in Pattaya's Central Mall, 2 of us walked around checking out restaurants and SFX Cinema, not one restaurant on the upper floors asked us for proof of Covid vaccine and SFX was selling their usual movies snacks.

The reports of not selling popcorn are greatly exaggerated ????

• Like 1

It seems the government is giving the subliminal message that everyone should stay at home and if bars and cinemas go bust so be it. 

If only there were delivery services for booze, friends and loose women I doubt many foreigners would go outside the house.