Banks say it like it is - TAT's figures for Thailand reopening don't match their forecasts

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

One area the media highlighted was the need for quality vaccine in Thailand.

What is quality vaccines? USA, UK, and Israel are registering record numbers of average 7-day infection and death in contrast to Chile and Cambodia. Western media propaganda just amazes me. 

• Confused 2

All that could have been avoided if they ordered 200-300 million quality vaccines.

Extras could be donated to there neighbors creating good will

Now its costing them in lost revenue a lot more than those vaccines would have cost.

Utterly irresponsible and Dinasor like government.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

100K to 150K is realistic; take away all those returning home to families and/or work - go figure! All those visiting foreigners I usually see in winter half have chosen different destinations of Sri Lanka, Turkey, Caribbean etc. - all of them. 
Nobody spends a day in a overpriced quarantine with swabs, being welcomed by locals wrapped in transparent garbage bags after being vaccinated, COEs, Visa, insurance of far-above anything a local could cough up ....... go figure! 

Turkey in the winter ? You mean for a ski holiday ?

3 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Quite possibly a reactionary typo.....................unless there's something we should know...........

12 hours ago, Pinot said:

Wait, wait, wait a second. Are you saying TAT lies? 

Thais refer to these as "misunderstandings".....Why dont they just do a poll here on this site about who is ready to return to LOS..

Often wonder if any thais read (translate) this site to see what we are all gossiping about them....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I believe the banks. TAT is still in fantasy land with their big predictions. One would think that

by now TAT would be more realistic.

Geezer

I believe both are covering their backsides for the obvious reasons.

13 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

What is quality vaccines? USA, UK, and Israel are registering record numbers of average 7-day infection and death in contrast to Chile and Cambodia. Western media propaganda just amazes me. 

Anything not Chinese if you care to look into it.

Here in Phuket , my Thai wife said yesterday that she  has been contacted and she  is to receive a 3rd vax next month.

And  she stated  loudly  that it wont be Chinese !

Its all good and well for the CCP to convince itself that its the first kid on the block , and that everything Chinese is  bigger , better and cheaper.

But they have done a great deal of  subtle damage to the reputation of Chinese produce over Sinovac and Sinopharm amongst everyday people here in Thailand.

To the point that Im observing a lot more  sarcasm from Thais about , "Made in China" - even open ridicule.

This is because they have had no choice but to consume Chinese in the form of a vax  , and they cannot avoid the fact that the product is clearly lacking.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Anything not Chinese if you care to look into it.

Here in Phuket , my Thai wife said yesterday that she  has been contacted and she  is to receive a 3rd vax next month.

And  she stated  loudly  that it wont be Chinese !

Its all good and well for the CCP to convince itself that its the first kid on the block , and that everything Chinese is  bigger , better and cheaper.

But they have done a great deal of  subtle damage to the reputation of Chinese produce over Sinovac and Sinopharm amongst everyday people here in Thailand.

To the point that Im observing a lot more  sarcasm from Thais about , "Made in China" - even open ridicule.

This is because they have had no choice but to consume Chinese in the form of a vax  , and they cannot avoid the fact that the product is clearly lacking.

The UK has just recognized Sinovac as a vaccine.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

A quality vaccine is defined as anything not from China

Actually a quality (fill in the gap) is anything not from China - that didn't quite work but you get the idea

Considering everything you know has it's origins in China [and other Asian locales].

7 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

What's wrong with beautiful Turkey? Fact is that you enter without any avalanche of bureaucracy and enjoy skying or beach leisure - depending on the time of the year! 

Failure to order recognized vaccines, failed to order sufficient, too late ordering TAT coming out with outrageous projections of Tourist arrivals, making them a laughing stock, plus it would seem the Thais themselves no longer trust Sinovac or Sinopharm.  Life is certainaly interesting in LOS.  Oh just had my third vac yesterday which was Astro Zenica.  Had a fever for 24 hours, but now find and dandy.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

tourism was 79% down on 2019 figures and 3.55 trillion baht had gone missing.

Two out of every three baht is down to the lack of foreigners.

Now imagine these figures without the mobile ex-pats who have been trapped here & can soon take their 800K to a country where they are valued; with no bent cops; no wild dogs; no litter; no carcinogenic air yet with safe roads where you can own your own house.

• Like 1