First batch of Moderna vaccine expected to arrive in Thailand in November

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

The chart you're referring to does not indicate when they will give you your vaccine, they are using that chart to show the public when they should seek a vaccine based on their vaccine history. The October 8 deadline is specifically so they can use that information to prioritize their 4th quarter doses, it was not intended to allow people to shift from the Q4 block of vaccines to a future block of vaccines. I work with the Marketing Team at Samiitivej and I'm fairly certain of this understanding, at least at this point in time. Now that there has been an announced delay, I'm trying to find out whether the October 8 date will be delayed, I'm awaiting a reply.

Note that last week I contacted the Samitivej online communications team asking whether I could retain my paid vaccine for use next year as a booster (I recently had my 2nd dose of Pfizer). They initially said "you can keep it for booster in the future sir" however, after I asked how this would work, for example will I be put at the top of a list of the next batch of Moderna coming in Q2 2022, or will I be behind everyone who has paid for Q2 vaccines already and rightfully expect to receive them, they could not answer. They merely said put in your vaccine history now and after you receive your Q4 appointment you can inform us for further discussion. As you can imagine, that isn't a policy, it's an answer to a question they probably hadn't considered. It's possible that the hospital will work to delay the paid vaccines until they can be used by the purchaser, but as of now there is no official policy guaranteeing it. And according to their official policy, once we put our own information into their system, we cannot later transfer the doses to a third party -- the decision to transfer has to be made by October 8 and before we put our own details into the system.

Anyway, I'm sure this is more detail than most people care about. Thought someone might be interested.

I am confident that it will be available for a booster next year, more so after what you’ve posted, so thanks.  I am not worried about specifics at this point tbh as they have 6 months at least to work out the details, at least by my timeline.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

I am confident that it will be available for a booster next year, more so after what you’ve posted, so thanks.  I am not worried about specifics at this point tbh as they have 6 months at least to work out the details, at least by my timeline.  

Cool, hope it works out for you. I'll probably give my doses to people who need it now, and work out a booster in 5 or 6 months.

20 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

Cool, hope it works out for you. I'll probably give my doses to people who need it now, and work out a booster in 5 or 6 months.

That is a good plan, seems like vaccine availability will be much more robust in 2022 and beyond compared to this year.

• Like 1

Just now, TimBKK said:

That is a good plan, seems like vaccine availability will be much more robust in 2022 and beyond compared to this year.

As long as Thailand orders it THIS year and not wait and talk about it for 6 months