No alcohol in restaurants is "crazy" says restaurateur - allowing music is not the answer

webfact

The Thai government will soon openly admit its conversion to Islam, solving the troublesome problem in the south, pushing out farang, and establishing firmer control over society. Pattaya will become the pilot caliphate, then the rest of the country will follow. Thailand could then join Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei and the southern Philippines as part of the Islamic "superstate" of Southeast Asia. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nabby said:

The Thai government will soon openly admit its conversion to Islam, solving the troublesome problem in the south, pushing out farang, and establishing firmer control over society. Pattaya will become the pilot caliphate, then the rest of the country will follow. Thailand could then join Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei and the southern Philippines as part of the Islamic "superstate" of Southeast Asia. 

Ok... so an over reaction... but the shift in attitudes of those in positions of decision making power to a more puritanical approach does seem like an pseudo-islamification....   

... a gentle shift in attitudes has been at play for over 20 years...  I am awaiting additional tax on alcohol to be levied under the name ‘Sin-Tax’ has it has been in some islamic nations. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

Either fully open the country up or don't bother - if you cannot open to locals how on earth can you open to foreigners, and your anti alcohol CCSA dinosaurs along with anti drink Prayuth should all resign, it is clear you have no clue what you are doing, it is embarrassing to watch

you may personally have views on alcohol consumption but you need to realise that it is an important integrated part of tourism and many social and entertainment structures, you cannot stop it so get your heads out of the sand and face reality

Get the country open again - you claim 70% of people will be fully vaccinated by 15th Oct, lets plan for that in Hua Hin and Pattaya and get things fully open to locals first, increase testing in those areas to monitor the situation then if all is good open to foreign tourists 1st Nov, this cannot go on forever, and drop the anti-alcohol nonsense - stop trying to force your personal ideals on the rest of the population - keep it to yourself

I had to quote this post as it is the only way I can show my accord to the sentiments.......Well said Sir.............................

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I think the topic has moved on...

Possible with school boy comments such as......

"......and even a few, more discreet, bars with a lot of desperate "hostesses" looking for friends!"

Brilliant.

39 minutes ago, Nabby said:

In Malaysia and Indonesia you can actually drink so...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, RafPinto said:

The last one should already know it by now.

They do not want anymore Thailand to be seen as fun and drink.

If there are no more bars, night clubs etc. open , no more easy girls to be had and if there is no more alcohol to be served, a certain group of tourists won't come anymore.

I think they want to achieve this.

That sounds like too much planning for the general and his mob

It is just stupidity guiding the as always

6 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Oct 1 Phuket: Bars, Bar Girls, Live Music, Alcohol all Legalized & Available. No Nightclubs yet.

Mask Wearing was “optional” in Bangla Road last ( first) night ……..

As a non-drinker or smoker I can't understand how alcohol plays into passing covid. Unless after a few beers you guys try to kiss all the girls in the Restaurant. Good Luck with that one!

Edited by vandeventer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Possible with school boy comments such as......

"......and even a few, more discreet, bars with a lot of desperate "hostesses" looking for friends!"

Brilliant.

Thanks, although I'm not sure which school you went to!  Actually, I think they were quite pertinent comments, illustrating how the Bangkok nightlife scene is quietly reverting to normal. If you want more detail I can PM you. ????

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Haha 1

The level of intellect of those making the rules falls a long way short of what's needed for even the most rudementary of amenial tasks.

That they are making decisions that affect the lives of 68.9 million people (2020) is a matter of grave concern.

Unless of course one doesn't have the level of intellect to recognise it.

Edited by TechnikaIII
Grammatical correction

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What's the point?

Some small crappy bar in 7/1.

Perhaps beer in a cup. 

Not my experience. Maybe Prayut swansong. Has done so much damage to Thai tourism !!!

4 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

But people getting drunk has been shown to be proven vector and high risk.. Drunk people dont wear masks, socially distance or pay attention.. 

They have no way of stopping alcohol sales turning into drunk people.. The police are unable and unwilling to do anything about this. 

Its very obvious why the ban exists, because they know Thais are not able to enforce guidelines only binary on / off situations (even those not much).  

It has not been proven at all. At best it is an assertion that appears logical to the layman; one of those examples of anecdotal "common sense" so beloved of authoritarians. But can you quote one scientific study to back it up?Just because it appears to make sense does not mean it is necessarily valid. A journey on the sky train or a bus is probably far more dangerous than a beer or two with a meal, but no one pontificates about that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Actually we never eat takeaway, wife loves to cook at home albeit it I like to go to a few favourite restaurants when she agrees to for her to take some time off out of the kitchen and her routine so we can watch her chill, sink back a couple of tall bottles and then go home feeling satisfied.

We haven't been to a restaurant for wow, as long as they have banned alcohol, and until they do bring alcohol back to the tables, we will just have to stay home and watch more restaurants go bust as we drive by every now and again.

Sad, but it is the reality of a few tea toddlers running the country.

You could still go to a restaurant and not drink alcohol, you can drink something else non alcoholic.

I guess you could take Heineken 0.0 with you if you like beer, it tastes the same , just doesn't make people drunk, which is a good thing right ?

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, TechnikaIII said:

The level of intellect of those making the rules falls a long way short of what's needed for even the most rudementary of amenial tasks.

That they are making decisions that affect the lives of 68.9 million people (2020) is a matter of grave concern.

Unless of course one doesn't have the level of intellect to recognise it.

normally I don't bother with what they are doing stupid or otherwise because it rarely impacts on me ................but this does 

The fact is they dropped the ball on this and are trying to cover it up with lies and utter stupidity for all to see 

CCSA is a joke - they do exactly what one person tells them to do and we know who that is - nobody elected him to run the country - he was appointed by people who were also not elected - that is Thai democracy right there - the people thought they voted for something lol

Just wait until this covid is out of the way - it won't be Red or Yellow it will be all - every Thai in this country that I know wants change and they will not stop until they get it IMO

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

You could still go to a restaurant and not drink alcohol, you can drink something else non alcoholic.

I guess you could take Heineken 0.0 with you if you like beer, it tastes the same , just doesn't make people drunk, which is a good thing right ?

now if that is not a wind up baiting post I honestly don't know what is 

my ignore list is building from 2 in 10 years to 20 in 10 weeks 

I bet I sound like a broken record 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Hit the nail squarely on the head Sir. Unfortunately until all the dinosaurs in Government become extinct we are stuck with it.

As long as there are military generals there will be dinosaurs in this government 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nabby said:

Payute can hand the keys over to the taliban 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RafPinto said:

The last one should already know it by now.

They do not want anymore Thailand to be seen as fun and drink.

If there are no more bars, night clubs etc. open , no more easy girls to be had and if there is no more alcohol to be served, a certain group of tourists won't come anymore.

I think they want to achieve this.

Easy girls $$$$$   ?? Where 

Well, do not forget the paperwork in relation to be permitted to play live music in a restaurant; if it is a gig with a dirty farang/infidel/alien among the musicians (who would possibly get a beer or two in the past as remuneration) then the governmental saga of complete stupidity continues. 

Get out of hospitality business while you can - this country is in free fall down the halligally! And all the others ....... enjoy the ride! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Well, do not forget the paperwork in relation to be permitted to play live music in a restaurant; if it is a gig with a dirty farang/infidel/alien among the musicians (who would possibly get a beer or two in the past as remuneration) then the governmental saga of complete stupidity continues. 

Get out of hospitality business while you can - this country is in free fall down the halligally! And all the others ....... enjoy the ride! 

Yeah. Get outta the hospitality business and get into something that will be equally controlled and repressed by the omnipresent authorities....