Taking the train without vaccine.

alex88

I see discussions here about vaccine certificates etc. But nobody seems to have covered what the requirements are for traij travel. Can you travel by train if you haven't been able to get the vaccine? What are the requirements?

Call:

Train Travel

The State Railway of Thailand is continuing with selected Northern, Northeastern, Southern, and Eastern routes. Information is available on the hotline 1690

Its changing all the time.

You will have to wear a mask either way and trains are slow so hopefully its not a long trip.

4 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Call:

Train Travel

The State Railway of Thailand is continuing with selected Northern, Northeastern, Southern, and Eastern routes. Information is available on the hotline 1690

Its changing all the time.

You will have to wear a mask either way and trains are slow so hopefully its not a long trip.

It's going to be a bit unpleasant buy seems the most feasible way to travel with all my belongings. About a 10 hour trip. 

9 hours ago, alex88 said:

It's going to be a bit unpleasant buy seems the most feasible way to travel with all my belongings. About a 10 hour trip. 

It'll be fun.

Go first class with a friend.

Enjoy your trip.

I'd love to go on a train trip.  Difficult now with a family and little kids.

Take some pics!

Edited by MrJ2U

58 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

It'll be fun.

Enjoy your trip.

Take some pics!

I've always enjoyed the train. Will be travelling alone though. If I bring a friend we will rent a Hilux together. The train is my back up plan if my friend doesn't join me. Will bring plenty of downloaded Netflix episodes, games and YouTube downloads. And a book to read! I hope you can still eat on the train. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

It'll be fun.

Enjoy your trip.

Take some pics!

Some years back I took a train from Bkk to the Malaysian border.

The train had first, second and third class sections. The end of some carriages had a first class cabin. I was travelling with a friend so we shared a first class cabin.

The cabin was quite large and quite comfortable, but of course the train was quite slow and a lot of clickety clack. The door to the cabin had locks from outside and from inside. An attendant explained that it was the duty of the passengers to always lock the cabin door on the inside but the conductor had key access.

The attendant explained that terrorism was a serious issue and there had been incidents therefore carriage and cabin doors must be locked at all times.

The carriage attendant knocked on the door about 5:00 pm, we let him in and he locked the door immediately then made up the beds. Then he explained he would go the the restaurant car and bring back our dinner and we ordered some extra beer. Fifteen minutes later he was back, delivered the food and door locked again.

In a chat he shared that he had boxes of games and toys to put in the first class cabins if there children travelling in the cabin, to help to keep the kids inside the cabin. He also shared that quite a few times he had to explain again to passengers that they must keep their kids inside the cabin and keep the door locked.

A once only journey. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Some years back I took a train from Bkk to the Malaysian border.

The train had first, second and third class sections. The end of some carriages had a first class cabin. I was travelling with a friend so we shared a first class cabin.

The cabin was quite large and quite comfortable, but of course the train was quite slow and a lot of clickety clack. The door to the cabin had locks from outside and from inside. An attendant explained that it was the duty of the passengers to always lock the cabin door on the inside but the conductor had key access.

The attendant explained that terrorism was a serious issue and there had been incidents therefore carriage and cabin doors must be locked at all times.

The carriage attendant knocked on the door about 5:00 pm, we let him in and he locked the door immediately then made up the beds. Then he explained he would go the the restaurant car and bring back our dinner and we ordered some extra beer. Fifteen minutes later he was back, delivered the food and door locked again.

In a chat he shared that he had boxes of games and toys to put in the first class cabins if there children travelling in the cabin, to help to keep the kids inside the cabin. He also shared that quite a few times he had to explain again to passengers that they must keep their kids inside the cabin and keep the door locked.

A once only journey. 

I've been meaning to take the trip to Malaysia. Of course bkw is not the time. Long distance train trios aren't the same since they banned alcohol a few years ago. Used to be a really nice experience having some beers while watching the rice fields go by at sunset. 

• Like 1