Personal Documentation Records

Havenstreet1940

MY Thai wife changed her First name and family name when we married many years ago.  It was done at the local amphur and then for UK purposes had the documention verfied at The Thai MFA. She also received a new iD card in her new names.

r

This week following her second AZ jab she wanted to install the Mor Prom app on her phone.   No success!.  I then suggested that she put her old names in and lo and behold, she was in.   However, the details shown on the Vaccine Certificate by MOPH, are for her current names as given to the hospital, albeit the same MOPH wanted her previous name in order to access the app!

Makes a mockery y of the Thai Government IT system

Edited by Havenstreet1940
  • Haha 1

Yeah there has been a mix up in Sukhothai over that I believe my wife will just settle for the hospitals official certificate that was given to me. 

It will be better for her I think anyhow because she can frame it and put it on display at her café. 

Edited by Kwasaki

13 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

MY Thai wife changed her First name and family name when we married many years ago.  It was done at the local amphur and then for UK purposes had the documention verfied at The Thai MFA. She also received a new iD card in her new names.

Does her new ID card have the same number as the old one, as it should? 

Anyway, nothing to worry about. This is Thailand 4.0 and with a bit of luck, in ten years the country will be where the rest of the world is now regarding digital information technology.