Non-O Extension Thai Wife, 5th year

12 hours ago, Pib said:

Only one copy required at CW. 

I renewed my marriage extension of stay a few weeks ago at CW.  Although I went with two copies I only handed the immigration officer one copy "and I specifically asked the immigration officer how many copies are now required since I had heard two copies may be required--the immigration officer's answer was only one copy is now required. 

I asked the question since last year when I switched from a retirement to marriage extension of stay I had heard two copies were required for a marriage extension (for a retirement extension I has always just provided one copy) so I went with two copies in hand.   The immigration seemed to only really need one copy but when I showed I had two copies the officer used about half of other copy and gave me the rest back. Maybe the officer was preparing a mini-package for some purpose since I was switching from retirement to marriage extension...don't know. 

But as mentioned earlier I do know a few weeks ago I only submitted one copy for my marriage extension renewal and when asking the immigration how many copies are required the answer was one.

Couple of weeks ago at CW we had to supply two copies of everything including every page of my passport including the blank pages.

Go figure.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Couple of weeks ago at CW we had to supply two copies of everything including every page of my passport including the blank pages.

They is a rarity. It was your first application there so maybe they just took they copies you had ready.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

They is a rarity. It was your first application there so maybe they just took they copies you had ready.

They 'asked' for two copies. We didn't offer. Plus one year record of bank transactions.

Previously (not CW) only had to show the 400,000 on the day of application and after the 30 days under consideration.

16 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Constant Wonder.

????  I thought you were talking of place. 

When I post about immigration office I always say what province the reason being they are not all the same.

Our last visit in June the new top person in the Sukhothai immigration office got us running around just because of a disagreement with guy there we usually deal with him saying all our paperwork is OK she then had to make a thing of it and fine something to stamp her authority just by changing something that we had always done in previous years. 

We ended up being the victim.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

????  I thought you were talking of place. 

When I post about immigration office I always say what province the reason being they are not all the same.

Our last visit in June the new top person in the Sukhothai immigration office got us running around just because of a disagreement with guy there we usually deal with him saying all our paperwork is OK she then had to make a thing of it and fine something to stamp her authority just by changing something that we had always done in previous years. 

We ended up being the victim.

Very true.

The official 'requirements' seem to be taken as a base guide and various other added on requirements are at the whim of individual offices/areas. A friend this year (5th time in the same area) out of the blue had to return with a photo of himself and wife in the back garden. Go figure.

Not CW or S by the way.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's a pain.

As mentioned, there is small photocopy/print, photo joint same level as banks. Cheap and quick.

20 hours ago, walailak said:

sure I used them before, I make sure I hide so they wont charge my wife 5 baht for a single page photocopy. lol

After 15 years living in Thailand, I don't want to sound cynical when I say this, but nothing surprises me anymore!!

First time ever this morning at  krungsri bank at CW the lady photocopied the updated book!!! Didn't have to go and get it photocopied. 

BTW we arrived at 8.30 straight to the bank then upstairs received queue number 39......

still waiting it's now 10am

IMG_20211005_100116.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, walailak said:

First time ever this morning at  krungsri bank at CW the lady photocopied the updated book!!! Didn't have to go and get it photocopied. 

BTW we arrived at 8.30 straight to the bank then upstairs received queue number 39......

still waiting it's now 10am

IMG_20211005_100116.jpg

That's great. 

Could you write a mini report later of your experience today at CW.

Always helpful for others even if it's just a check list to confirm docs they are taking. 

BTW...you didn't consider obtaining queue # first then going to the bank?

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Final update!! 

Queue number came up at 10.17am,

It took 7 minutes from the first officer to the big boss to out of the door. 

Done by 10.24am

One copy of each was all needed. 

Need to go back on the 3rd of November to pick up the yearly stamp. 

Also officer did my 90 days report eventhough it was good until November 10th, she mentioned to my wife that only on extention time, CW can do the 90 days report.

Finally, she told my wife that the 90 days report team is moving back to CW very very soon????

Thank you all for your replies they most I ever got since I joined well back in 2009 ????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

That's great. 

Could you write a mini report later of your experience today at CW.

Always helpful for others even if it's just a check list to confirm docs they are taking. 

BTW...you didn't consider obtaining queue # first then going to the bank?

If you go immigration office you can get a list to follow and put everything in the order the way they want, it does save time. 

There's only one things that gets me that is writing signature and then underneath you name in capitals.

Page herewith. 

Only one change on this list was I can put 2 pictures on A4 papers instead of 1 picture so saved 8 pieces paper this year.????

1633409854877-516784324.thumb.jpg.b0f833b9e99128b677e4b3f4085682d1.jpg

Edited by Kwasaki

33 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

If you go immigration office you can get a list to follow and put everything in the order the way they want, it does save time.

Sorry overlooked that you mentioned your imm office.

No offense but each office often has different requirements. 

The OP is dealing with CW.

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sorry overlooked that you mentioned your imm office.

No offense but each office often has different requirements. 

The OP is dealing with CW.

No worries I would of thought all immigration offices has this list, whether or not they give it to you is up to them I guess. 

I still don't know which immigration office CW is. ????

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No worries I would of thought all immigration offices has this list, whether or not they give it to you is up to them I guess. 

I still don't know which immigration office CW is. ????

No all immigration offices would not have that list. 

CW is Chaengwattana immigration. Bangkok.

Your list applies to your immigration office. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No all immigration offices would not have that list. 

CW is Chaengwattana immigration. Bangkok.

Your list applies to your immigration office. 

OK thanks that's why I posted like they don't that in 'S' = Sukhothai I understand why people put initials of a place thinking everyone knows.

On 10/4/2021 at 9:27 AM, kiteman9 said:

After dealing with the Thai immigration for 5 years now you would think you would have it together enough to know and remember what documents you need to accomplish getting your yearly visa renewal. Make and keep extra copy's of every document you have given to immigration for referance for your following year visa renewal. Then you might will have more confidence that you are going to be prepared for your yearly visa renewal.

Nothing to do with confidence I have been dealing with Thai immigration for nearly 20 years now and I still dread it.

It all depends on what mood the IO is in that day on how much he or she wants to mess you around and pi$$ you off

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

Nothing to do with confidence I have been dealing with Thai immigration for nearly 20 years now and I still dread it.

It all depends on what mood the IO is in that day on how much he or she wants to mess you around and pi$$ you off

I'm posting about having self confidence which is totally different, and has nothing to do with confidence in Thai immigration. Being prepared deal with what ever the IO wants with a polite manner.

SELF Confidence helps us feel ready for life's experiences. When we're SELF confident, we're more likely to move forward with people and opportunities — not back away from them. And if things don't work out at first, SELF confidence helps us try again. It's the opposite when YOUR NO self confidence is low which seems to be your lifelong dreadful endeavor through life of putting out a pi$$ed off vibe that people pick up on. 

Edited by kiteman9
spelling
  • Like 1

My normal workaday bank account is in Klong Lan, Kamphaeng Phet province. For 12 months bank statements, I go in with my passport and pink Thai ID card, take a number and wait my turn at the business desks. The statements take about 15 minutes and are stamped and signed.

However my pensions come into Bangkok Bank in Kamphaeng Phet city. There I go in with my  passport and pink Thai ID card, take a number and wait my turn at the business desks. Except that in the BBK I have to go to the cashiers desk and order 12 months statements and a bank letter which takes a minimum of 3 working days as they have to refer to the head office. 200 thb for the statement and an extra 100 for the bank letter.

They cannot explain why, other than it is the bank rules, and when I told them about KBank in 15 minutes, their rely was different bank different rules.

I assume that in CW with the banks downstairs they know and understand Immi rules and know what to do better than we who only visit once a year.

Also Kamphaeng Phet is a small office and the 2 days I was there last week at 10am, I was the only customer though another couple came in a bit later on both days.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Knocker33 said:

Exactly my words

Thanks for claryfing it ????

• Like 1