Have any of you teachers received the ultimatum yet?

user1047

10 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I've been given no ultimatum, yet still want the vaccine for mine and others' safety, considering the profession I'm in. Agree with the other posters, you really don't have the luxury of taking the anti-vax position as a teacher, responsible for the lives of children, nor as a guest in a foreign country where it's becoming a requirement.

Out here the US donation of Pfizer was earmarked for foreigners, which a few others have received. I've been on the list awhile but still no word for me yet. Every day hundreds of people still at the big govt hospital for their vax. I might just have to bite the bullet and pay for it at the private hospital.

I see in the US some anti-vax teachers are now getting their pink slips (sacked) for doing so. If you're K-12 qualified as I am, going back to snag their $60k/yr and retirement plans sure sounds tempting. Though I wouldn't want to live and work in CA or NY.

Your the kind of teacher kids deserve, one with a brain that understands the importance of vaccines especially in combination with their job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Through Dept of Foreign Affairs. I applied about 3 days ago...got the message to go and went yesterday. There was hardly anyone there, which surprised me. They gave me a choice of 3 jabs. I was in and out in 45 mins. This was in Pathumtani Province.

That's a good choice. So far the only thing I've been offered locally is Sinovac. I would have taken that had I not been planning to travel to Europe soon. I'd settle for 2 AZ shots which looks like will be readily available soon.

16 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I hope you are not planning on travelling anytime soon.

What happens if Thailand joins the group "2 shots of Sinovac is not considered vaccinated"?

Moderna, Pfiser, AZ also if taken in Thailand.

13 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

And how many will die or have life changing injuries due to jab side effects?

A VERY stupid comparison........ The answer, since you are so uneducated to know it: maybe 1% might die versus the 99% who will be 'saved'............

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

You say expiramental drugs, Pfizer is not as it has been given full US FDA approval as a treatment for Covid 19. Literaly billions of people around the world have already been given shots with billions more waiting. Few adverse reactions and the vaccine in any case will not give you Covid. Courts in US  have backed hospitals and other companies with their right to fire those who refuse to take the shots even  though the requrement wasn't in their contracts. Also those fired cannot collect unenemployment benefits.

How many people in Thailand get offered Pfizer? Very few...

3 minutes ago, matchar said:

15 minutes ago I just got offered vaccine tomorrow by expat vac.  Been waiting a long time so was surprised when the phone rang to give me the news.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matchar said:

One of the posters said he refused Pfizer as he did not want expiramental Mrna vaccine and opted  for Sinovac because it waas made the old way---inactivated virus. I think Thailand will vaccinate all children with Pfizer as is the only vaccine authorized for kids. (Sinovac may be used for kids but not as affective)

I have had the first shot of a vaccine that is approved by the Thai govt. its the same one most of my workmates had a while back....in 2 weeks I have my 2nd. Based on current info I will be 'fully vaccinated' according to Thai govt.....I dont see the reason for the vitriol. Sure, I have taken time to make up my mind but I have been teaching online for months. Last I heard students cant catch it over the internet. 

• Like 1

Do you take blood pressure or some other medication every day? If not in a few years you will have too as you get older. Read the small print about the recorded side-effects of such medications. Scary isn't it? And you have to swallow those chemicals every day!

So my point is: an "experimental" vaccine once every 8 months is probably nothing in comparison.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I've been given no ultimatum, yet still want the vaccine for mine and others' safety, considering the profession I'm in. Agree with the other posters, you really don't have the luxury of taking the anti-vax position as a teacher, responsible for the lives of children, nor as a guest in a foreign country where it's becoming a requirement.

Out here the US donation of Pfizer was earmarked for foreigners, which a few others have received. I've been on the list awhile but still no word for me yet. Every day hundreds of people still at the big govt hospital for their vax. I might just have to bite the bullet and pay for it at the private hospital.

I see in the US some anti-vax teachers are now getting their pink slips (sacked) for doing so. If you're K-12 qualified as I am, going back to snag their $60k/yr and retirement plans sure sounds tempting. Though I wouldn't want to live and work in CA or NY.

@CrunchWrapSupreme You do not say where in Issan you are. However if you are in travelling distance to Khon Kaen it is extremely likely that you can call Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen on 043-042-888 and you will be able to register for the government funded Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccination using your passport number if you are over 40 or have one of the 7 risk factors. I registered on Saturday a month ago, got my first shot the next day and have had my second shot last Sunday. Yes you will need to travel but very likely you will be accepted even if younger or more distant

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1