Have any of you teachers received the ultimatum yet?

user1047

19 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

No, I am not planning on travelling soon. At some point, like all pandemics in human history, this will end.  I am going to bide my time. Australia has just recognised Sinovac. I am doing it to keep up with what will likely happen within 2 months.....Boosters are being debated. It seems they may only be required for a certain percentage. My parents are in Australia. If they have to come here for a visit sometime in the next 2 years because I am not allowed, so be it. This situation is evolving. I am just trying to do what I can in the circumstances. 

Hi, you mentioned Australia has just recognised Sinovac?

Could you please give me a link for that? 

Last week I spent hours on the phone to AIR(REGISTER) and then healh NSW only to be told not yet! 

Thank you 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Guffman said:

I renewed visa and work permit a couple of weeks ago. I filled in the work permit application and gave it back to the hr woman. She then asked me if I had the Mor Prom app. I said no. Why would she ask that? I'm guessing they're going to make it a requirement for a work permit. Maybe next year sometime once the majority of people have had 2 shots. Just speculation on my part, but I can see it happening.

The Mor Prom app is not the only way to prove vaccination status. My vaccination certification will not show up on it though it is on the MoPH database. So letting the HR department know that the MorProm is not definitive next time you chat may be useful.

I can certainly see a reason for anyone in education to be required to prove vaccination, I’m not sure that the labour department (work permit) should or would police that unless it becomes a general requirement.

5FA2DB6A-2029-44EE-B7D6-40C39DB00CBF.thumb.jpeg.eaaebf6648ab96e0cc511c449d12e50c.jpeg

24 minutes ago, walailak said:

Last week I spent hours on the phone to AIR(REGISTER) and then healh NSW only to be told not yet! 

Thank you 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-03/sinovac-covishield-recognition-hopes-for-international-students/100508968

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CM Dad said:

I am the father of a 16-year-old son who attends an expensive, private school.  I do not want him going to a school that employs teachers or staff who refuse to be vaccinated.  The sooner people like you are gone, the better.

I assume your child is also vaccinated or going to be vaccinated, right? 

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

I teach at a school in one of the worst affected provinces in the south. Some (many?) of our teachers don't want to get the vaccine due to religious reasons.

[/quote]

What religious reasons?  The highest Muslim scholars have stated that these vaccinations are halal and there is no religious reason not to have a vax.  Perhaps they are all Jehova's Witnesses down south? (Actually, even JWs have stated that having a vax is simply a personal decision, and nothing to do with religion).

Some Catholics believe the vaccines contain cells from aborted fetuses (not true). I kknow of one who will not vaccinate for this reason. That is despite this information...https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-asked-we-answered-do-the-covid-19-vaccines-contain-aborted-fetal-cells

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walailak said:

Thank you 

Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has announced that it will recognise the Sinovac and Covishield vaccines.

That doesn't mean you'll be able to access those vaccines in Australia, but people overseas who've received those formulas will qualify as fully vaccinated. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-01/international-travel-australia-border-scott-morrison-changes/100507722

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CM Dad said:

I am the father of a 16-year-old son who attends an expensive, private school.  I do not want him going to a school that employs teachers or staff who refuse to be vaccinated.  The sooner people like you are gone, the better.

I like how you mention “expensive, private school”. What does that have to with anything? If you’re so concerned, homeschool your child.

3 hours ago, JackGats said:

Do you take blood pressure or some other medication every day? If not in a few years you will have too as you get older. Read the small print about the recorded side-effects of such medications. Scary isn't it? And you have to swallow those chemicals every day!

So my point is: an "experimental" vaccine once every 8 months is probably nothing in comparison.

Yawn...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Tony125 said:

You say expiramental drugs, Pfizer is not as it has been given full US FDA approval as a treatment for Covid 19. Literaly billions of people around the world have already been given shots with billions more waiting. Few adverse reactions and the vaccine in any case will not give you Covid. Courts in US  have backed hospitals and other companies with their right to fire those who refuse to take the shots even  though the requrement wasn't in their contracts. Also those fired cannot collect unenemployment benefits.

This is Thailand not the U.S. and how many on the FDA etc. haven't been bought off by big pharma and their friends anyway?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Thank you, hopefully they will soon recognised Sinopharm so I can get our GP back at Bronte NSW to add them to our Medicare for myself and wife ????

If anyone is interested for Australia 02 94617597, Sydney number, direct to Health NSW, super helpful can ask anything about vaccines and upcoming approvals ????

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has announced that it will recognise the Sinovac and Covishield vaccines.

That doesn't mean you'll be able to access those vaccines in Australia, but people overseas who've received those formulas will qualify as fully vaccinated. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-01/international-travel-australia-border-scott-morrison-changes/100507722

Thank you, hopefully they will soon recognised Sinopharm so I can get our GP back at Bronte NSW to add them to our Medicare for myself and wife ????

If anyone is interested for Australia 02 94617597, Sydney number, direct to Health NSW, super helpful can ask anything about vaccines and upcoming approvals ????

19 hours ago, zyphodb said:

I haven't had the ultimatum yet, but am half expecting it, however the director knows my views on experimental "vaccines" and may be pragmatic and not push it, as he should realise that his chances of getting another Native English speaking teacher to keep his English programme going in the backwoods of Isaan are pretty slim. Also he may not want to end up in the Labor courts for sacking me when he's the one who's broken the contract of employment...

I respect your viewpoint, even if I personally disagree with it. What does make me wonder is what the students' respective parents would make of the foreign teacher who refuses to be vaccinated. My feeling is that this is not something many parents would readily accept and they might well put pressure on "Paw Aw" to pressure said foreign teacher to get jabbed, else find a new foreign teacher.

• Like 2

I would not be surprised if at some stage in the not too distant future that vaccination becomes a requirement for visas / extensions of stay also.

15 hours ago, Guffman said:

I renewed visa and work permit a couple of weeks ago. I filled in the work permit application and gave it back to the hr woman. She then asked me if I had the Mor Prom app. I said no. Why would she ask that? I'm guessing they're going to make it a requirement for a work permit. Maybe next year sometime once the majority of people have had 2 shots. Just speculation on my part, but I can see it happening.

23 hours ago, zyphodb said:

But it isn't is it? nothing on my contract or any others I should imagine about having to take an experimental medical procedure to keep working... 

I agree, if it is a condition of employment in your contract when you are employed, fair enough you have the option to accept or not. But to add it retrospectively after you have maybe left a previous job is a no no in my book.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Scott said:

A school I am familiar with fired 6 teachers quite a while back.  At the time, vaccines were in short supply and the school had to call in a lot of favors to get vaccinations for the staff.   Six teachers refused and were immediately dismissed.   At that time, only Sinovac was available and it was hard to get.   The school has been clear with all the teachers you will get vaccinated.  If you want, you can make your own appointment, if not the school will do it for you.

There seems to be a fair amount of misleading information.  The mRNA vaccines are no longer under Emergency Use Authorization, they are fully approved by the U.S. FDA and I presume Thailand has followed course with that decision. 

mRNA technology, including use in vaccines has been around for a while.   The technology dates back to the 1990's and in the early 2000s it was used in a number of trials for viruses such as Zika, Influenza and HIV.   The results of those trials were not encouraging, however, they did show no long term negative affects from the use of mRNA vaccines.  

I know a fair number of people that hesitant to take the mRNA vaccines.  It might be in their best interest to simply take the traditional ones.  In some respects we are lucky to have a rather broad spectrum of different vaccines.  The efficacy may vary, but a low efficacy is probably better than no protection at all. 

I decided to take Sinovac. My 2nd dose is in a couple of weeks. I was offered a free jab a few months back from my school but, I wanted to look into it some more. I think this is reasonable. My parents live in Australia which have now recognised this vaccine....they had to with the money spinning Asian international student market. I dont see it being an option NOT to be vaccinated come next month, or whenever in class lessons restart. I like my job. I was reluctant to take the jabs....so shoot me! I did it. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 8:50 AM, Bagwain said:

Figures a doggy at best coming out of the US. In Australia and other counties the vaxed are higher numbers in hospitals!

Perhaps a review of the CDC reports from America might be enlightening’

On 10/6/2021 at 12:50 PM, LeatFingies said:

I’m not getting the vaccine. I haven’t been told that I will be fired, but I doubt they will resign my contract. I’m not willing to sell out.

Even if I was vaccinated, I don’t think I would be teaching much longer due to the probability of contracting it when working in close proximity with so many people. 

wow, I hope you are not teaching logic...

• Haha 2