Are food and duty free services still operating at Suvarnabhumi Airport?

Kaoboi Bebobp

Has anyone flown out of Suvarnabhumi recently? I have an international flight late tonight and am trying to guess how early I should be before departure. I assume traveller numbers are way down but maybe processing time has increased due to COVID test proof and such.

1. Is clearing immigration running reasonably smoothly?

2. Are some duty free shops open?

3. Some coffee shops and eateries open?

Thanks.

I never thought the airport info line would work. But calling 02-132-1888 got me the info. Some duty free shops are open, with lights out at 0200 and some cafes are open, according to the knowledgeable lad answering the phone in very good English.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, YT3k72Em said:

Went through 3 weeks ago. Almost everything is boarded up, except 1 or 2 duty free, and a kiosk or 2 selling drinks and snacks.  So don't expect any choices.

Agree. Just went through the Swamp on Oct. 5. Hardly anything left. It was a sad looking airport, compared to where I landed, namely the beautiful, well run, super-clean, largely open and active Incheon, South Korea.  The Korean staff were very helpful and very friendly.  One of the world's great airports - as noted by travellers voting in the Skytrax global rankings.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/8/2021 at 12:38 PM, YT3k72Em said:

Went through 3 weeks ago. Almost everything is boarded up, except 1 or 2 duty free, and a kiosk or 2 selling drinks and snacks.  So don't expect any choices.

Same for me when I went a few weeks back, I walked from one end to the other and the only duty free I saw selling alcohol and tobacco was a small one just before you get to E/F gates. 

As you said only  kiosks selling food and drink, none with seats. My wife phoned me and didn't really believe me when I said it was deserted, I panned the camera around and the only other human beings in sight were staff.

When I arrived back yesterday there were only 3 other aircraft at international arrivals, Gulf Air, Singapore Airlines and Swiss Air.

There was only about 50 on my Emirates flight, sad times.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 2:59 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

It was a sad looking airport, compared to where I landed, namely the beautiful, well run, super-clean, largely open and active Incheon, South Korea. 

Re-creating General MacArthur's landing and disparaging Thailand in one fell swoop ????????????