Have you ever felt unsafe or victim?

georgegeorgia

On 10/9/2021 at 10:50 AM, George Aylesham said:

Off the point but Nan is a lovely place and probably the cleanest city in Thailand (and I felt completely safe there)

Agree. I have a holiday home nearby. Nan has changed a lot in the last 10 years since they acquired major supermarkets and tourists discovered it. I expect the Chinese to take it over soon.

On 10/8/2021 at 2:42 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Have you ever felt unsafe or in danger from crime in Pattaya?

Not pattaya, but going to Pattaya. 

Just after opening, around 15 years ago I arrived Survarnabuhmi late at night. I walked out of the airport and a Thai man asked me where I was going, I told him I was going to Pattaya, he gave me a price, and I agreed, followed the man to his van parked on the roadway. I jumped into the van and so did 2 other Thai guys. We took off, I yelled out I wanted to get out, the driver kept going, they forced the sliding door shut, I opened it slightly yelling out, still in the airport driveway they stopped the van, I got out, they threw my bag out and they took off.
I thought I was very lucky, after that experience I pre book with Mr. T everytime. 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:53 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

Not in the 18 years I live there. One lone small incident in all those years with a drunken Iranian tourist on a baht bus.

It was easy to teach him that woman in Thailand are treated differently to his s.hole home country.

I feel much more safe here than in some corners of Berlin, Paris or Malaga.

I felt unsafer in London than anywhere in Thailand. However, I wouldn't advise walking around the Klong Toey slum area alone at night.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I felt unsafer in London than anywhere in Thailand. However, I wouldn't advise walking around the Klong Toey slum area alone at night.

Hardly surprising these days, and I bet you have not been for a few years like me.... apparently it is worse!

• Like 1

10 years in Bangkok, never really had big trouble with anyone, neither Thais nor Farangs. Not even the taxi driver who drove me home from RCA completely shítfaced without any money other than some Vietnamese Dong left in my wallet.

Maybe that one f-buddy that turned stalker when I tried to cut her lose. I must add that I had plenty of f-buddies here  during my single days; usually some 4-7 different ones at a time so it never would get boring, with 1-2 rotating out and new ones rotating in. All of them were great; not necessarily girls I would present my parents as my gf, but just nice and friendly and good company. Except this one who wouldn’t let me rotate her out. A small, pretty, white-skinned 22 yo student some 10-15 years younger than me. 

Waited hours in my condo lobby for me so that I ended up taking the back door. Bombed me with hundreds of Line messages every day ranging from sweet talk to desperate to threats. She even managed to add my parents and family on social networks and threatened to make them look bad online, and wrote on a Thai friend’s wall that she would come to my office and make a scene if I don’t react. I was actually worried that she may pull some acid stunt on me.

I actually never gave any f-buddy my phone number or social media IDs. Most wouldn’t even get my real name and country but a fake identity (I was “Steven from Canada” or so). Still she managed to find me. 

I guess there were signs before when she got really angry that I wouldn’t cum inside her, or when she had a breakdown after I told her that she’s free to go home if she doesn’t like it at mine. 

In the end, the stalking stopped after a couple of months of ignoring her.  

Edited by cocoonclub
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 4:54 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Not pattaya, but going to Pattaya. 

Just after opening, around 15 years ago I arrived Survarnabuhmi late at night. I walked out of the airport and a Thai man asked me where I was going, I told him I was going to Pattaya, he gave me a price, and I agreed, followed the man to his van parked on the roadway. I jumped into the van and so did 2 other Thai guys. We took off, I yelled out I wanted to get out, the driver kept going, they forced the sliding door shut, I opened it slightly yelling out, still in the airport driveway they stopped the van, I got out, they threw my bag out and they took off.
I thought I was very lucky, after that experience I pre book with Mr. T everytime. 

omg ..this sort of stuff used to go on all the time 

18 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

10 years in Bangkok, never really had big trouble with anyone, neither Thais nor Farangs. Not even the taxi driver who drove me home from RCA completely shítfaced without any money other than some Vietnamese Dong left in my wallet.

Maybe that one f-buddy that turned stalker when I tried to cut her lose. I must add that I had plenty of f-buddies here  during my single days; usually some 4-7 different ones at a time so it never would get boring, with 1-2 rotating out and new ones rotating in. All of them were great; not necessarily girls I would present my parents as my gf, but just nice and friendly and good company. Except this one who wouldn’t let me rotate her out. A small, pretty, white-skinned 22 yo student some 10-15 years younger than me. 

Waited hours in my condo lobby for me so that I ended up taking the back door. Bombed me with hundreds of Line messages every day ranging from sweet talk to desperate to threats. She even managed to add my parents and family on social networks and threatened to make them look bad online, and wrote on a Thai friend’s wall that she would come to my office and make a scene if I don’t react. I was actually worried that she may pull some acid stunt on me.

I actually never gave any f-buddy my phone number or social media IDs. Most wouldn’t even get my real name and country but a fake identity (I was “Steven from Canada” or so). Still she managed to find me. 

I guess there were signs before when she got really angry that I wouldn’t cum inside her, or when she had a breakdown after I told her that she’s free to go home if she doesn’t like it at mine. 

In the end, the stalking stopped after a couple of months of ignoring her.  

Hang on. She was 22, and 10 to 15 years younger than you?

She has to be one or the other age or somewhere in between. 

You can't just make numbers up. 

That is what TAT does.

Funny make believe story though????????.

Good post.

I never had a problem on WS in 20 years no matter how drunk I got. Then again I am a nice guy who NEVER goes looking for problems and I apologize if something happens even if it was not my fault. Thailand is no place to try and be a man, it just easier and much safer to apologize and get out of there.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 5:53 AM, billaaa777 said:

I never had a problem on WS in 20 years no matter how drunk I got. Then again I am a nice guy who NEVER goes looking for problems and I apologize if something happens even if it was not my fault. Thailand is no place to try and be a man, it just easier and much safer to apologize and get out of there.

When you apologize the the thieves that scam / rob you here, what is their reply? Is it, "You jaidee farang."   ????  

consciousness of my surroundings

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

When you apologize the the thieves that scam / rob you here, what is their reply? Is it, "You jaidee farang."   ????

I have never been robed in my entire life. That could possibly be because I avoid dangerous places, consciousness of my surroundings  at all times, and always remember that safety always comes first, before everything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billaaa777 said:

I have never been robed in my entire life. That could possibly be because I avoid dangerous places, consciousness of my surroundings  at all times, and always remember that safety always comes first, before everything.

You've been going to Walking Street for 20 years and never been scammed / robbed.  NEVER had a bill padded, for example?  Really?  

Depends on what you define to be a crime. In other countries, some of the unrequested physical attention I've received from katoeys whilst walking down 6/1, or past Fantasy Lounge on Buakhao, would be classified as sexual assault. Not that I'm anymore than mildly irritated by such behaviour, I might add.

Edited by nupersoodles

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

You've been going to Walking Street for 20 years and never been scammed / robbed.  NEVER had a bill padded, for example?  Really?  

I did I have a bill padded once at Go-Go bar named White "some thing or the other", I forget the rest of its name. It was located on the same side street at Sapphires, somebody probably knows what it was called. Guess what, I never went back there and did not give a sh it over a couple of hundred baht and left without an incident.

12 hours ago, billaaa777 said:

Don't you feel the cold....? At least you will not attract pick-pockets. 

Luck of the draw... I am fairly conscious but still got my chain yanked off my neck here.... and a couple of other events.

politely

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Don't you feel the cold....? At least you will not attract pick-pockets. 

Luck of the draw... I am fairly conscious but still got my chain yanked off my neck here.... and a couple of other events.

My friends have been pick-pocketed while I was with them, that was in the US. I don't let anybody outside of a bar touch me that I don't want to touch. In other words if a lady boy or a lady for that matter comes up to me and I can tell they are going to try and hug me, I just wave my finger no politely and never had a problem, and I have don that a ton of times. When I am in a crowd of people I put my hands in my pockets and grad my money, keys, and whatever else I don't want to lose. I have always worn a gold chain with some type of medallion and when I got here and read about all the chain snatches, I said that is the end of wearing a gold chain. Yes, I think ahead.

3 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

My friends have been pick-pocketed while I was with them, that was in the US. I don't let anybody outside of a bar touch me that I don't want to touch. In other words if a lady boy or a lady for that matter comes up to me and I can tell they are going to try and hug me, I just wave my finger no politely and never had a problem, and I have don that a ton of times. When I am in a crowd of people I put my hands in my pockets and grad my money, keys, and whatever else I don't want to lose. I have always worn a gold chain with some type of medallion and when I got here and read about all the chain snatches, I said that is the end of wearing a gold chain. Yes, I think ahead.

In my military days I had a supervisor tell me stories about his nights at Clark Air Base in the Philippines, one of his stories was about pick pocketers, when he knew he was going out to get super drunk he would carry a dummy wallet filled with a couple of small bills, random business cards, etc. nothing of value or importance. He said it helped him because a few times he'd wake up the next morning with the dummy wallet missing but his real cash still with him.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, billaaa777 said:

I did I have a bill padded once at Go-Go bar named White "some thing or the other", I forget the rest of its name. It was located on the same side street at Sapphires, somebody probably knows what it was called.

So, you have been a victim of crime on Walking Street. 

This is not what you claimed in an earlier post.   

23 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

Go away, you are acting like a 12 year old. Please leave me alone.

Hardly.

I doubted your account of NEVER being a victim of crime in 20 years of going to Walking Street, and credit to you, you admitted that you have been. 

However, this makes your initial post false or misleading.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Confused 1