Have you ever felt unsafe or victim?

georgegeorgia

Have you ever felt unsafe or in danger from crime in Pattaya?

particularly from other farang?

I had a work colleague recently ask me areas to avoid in Pattaya when it gets busy again and i mentioned Walking Street ,the danger being drunken farang

I have had some incidents over the last 20 years so as i get older and ready to retire im more cautious.

For many years i avoided Walking Street particularly at night or in the early hours after some East European drunk guys shoulder barged me

its not the thai people im cautious of in pattaya but the drunken tourists and that something i will have to think about when i consider retiring there and areas not to live close by 

Many younger Aussies,Brits and europeans forget when they're drunk and its early hours and they think they are still in their home country and start fighting and looking for problems,i remember seeing this a few times at Mcdonalds in the early hours up at beach road, 

Last time i was nearly attacked was 2016 when two farang guys blind  drunk probaly in their 30's and shaped up to me as i was walking past,that was on beach road in the early hours

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Not in the 18 years I live there. One lone small incident in all those years with a drunken Iranian tourist on a baht bus.

It was easy to teach him that woman in Thailand are treated differently to his s.hole home country.

I feel much more safe here than in some corners of Berlin, Paris or Malaga.

I have anxiety and dont like to walk thru crowds particularly drunken ones on walking street and also i hate crowded baht buses,the incident your referring to i probaly would of minded my own business i try not to get involved

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Farangs (Russian) sold me a car. Got it checked by the driving centre garage. 3rd party (Thai) involved said no accident. After sale, next garage I went to said it had “too much accident”. The 3rd party had also offered to update my green book for me for B5000 and after many calls has still not given the book back. I now have no tax and she won’t answer my calls. Not a violent crime but sucks to be the victim. Any suggestions by the way?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you're tucked up in bed before 12.00 you'll be fine

Actually?  Don't leave your home.  Now you're safe.  Well, unless you're a victim of a home invasion - then if you fight back?  You'll probably be put into Thai jail as the RTP and Thai media seek "justice!"

Perhaps it's just time to return to the home country 'eh?

The only thing the OP seems to "know" about Pattaya is Walking Street - and probably all the 6.x and 13.x sois - and only during nighttime. If you then are drunk yourself and run into other alcoholics (Thai or foreigner does'nt matter), it is the recipe for problems. OP better stays home.

• Like 1

Every single day before I get my first beer. That´s real anxiety!

Imagine turning around in the morning, and the only thing you see is the last empty bottle since yesterday. You look at the time and it´s only four.

Oh my God! It´s a full hour left until the first Mom N Pop - Shop opens up for egg, vegetables and beer.

Imagine how victimized I feel all the time!

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you're tucked up in bed before 12.00 you'll be fine

Yeah, bad things happen after midnight. That said, I have had very few problems with Thai people over the years. I find them honest and mostly courteous. Farangs, on the other hand , can be a handful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1