Do You Watch What You Type Online

Arunsak

I didn't read much in this forum but from initial perspective, it looks very tame--comments are so careful when it comes to the Thai government. Almost no criticism whatsoever. Am I mistaken or are posters very restrained because they know everything can be traced to their IP, and Big Brother is watching.

It looks like a lot of the names here I recognize from usenet, which I used to enjoy for years in the mid 90s, then stopped completely, then came back for awhile here and there. Chanchao is one, Jopha and others, is the Canadian guy who signs his name ....ken around here? Know-it-all jewish guy using handle tchiowa, can do without him. Any news from LG? Whatever happened to Pickle King and his sidekick the photographer? I figured the visa rules might come around, and/or they had caused enough embarassment that they would just get kicked out.

The posting here is restrained compared to Usenet because Thaivisa has a set of rules, available on the button 'Forum Rules' at the top of each page. They are worth reading because they are enforced. They are the reason that Thaivisa doesn't descend into the madness that is soc.culture.thai.

The posting here is restrained compared to Usenet because Thaivisa has a set of rules, available on the button 'Forum Rules' at the top of each page. They are worth reading because they are enforced. They are the reason that Thaivisa doesn't descend into the madness that is soc.culture.thai.

Agree about the madness of usenet.

The forum rules in this forum do not prohibit criticism of the government, yet I wonder why that seems to be taboo here. In other forums I participate in, political discussions are inescapable and quite informative. People digging up all kinds of facts and posting them, along with sources, for anyone to consider. I posted a question here about the former prime minister and got zero response.

I think that since the coup, members here have generally come to the conclusion that in order to preserve our forum, it would be wise to tone down the anti-gov ravings, until it becomes more clear what is going on with Thai democracy.

Under the previous gov't, critique was quite active.

i think this is wise. In days of political turmoil, it is wise to sit on the sidelines, keep a relatively low profile and see what happens. Many do not wish to see their lives in Thailand upset, and the same applies to the Forum.

This, IMHO, is the first postitive Coup to happen in my lifetime - A coup that may actually be a good thing.

Just the concept of a Coup has many negative connotations, but for once it may have been the best thing.

Personally I believe that the coup co-operative are actually doing their best not to cross unacceptable lines, and keep it as positive as they can.

I, for one, would really like to see this coup fulfill its potential in showing the world that we don't need a revolution, death, etc... to change a system, and am fully supportive of the notion that a co-operative such as this one can make change happen, for the people.

If i'm all wrong, well, so be it, but if I'm right, then Thailand enters the history books in a positive light.

Kayo :o

i think this is wise. In days of political turmoil, it is wise to sit on the sidelines, keep a relatively low profile and see what happens. Many do not wish to see their lives in Thailand upset, and the same applies to the Forum.

This, IMHO, is the first postitive Coup to happen in my lifetime - A coup that may actually be a good thing.

Interesting thoughts, thanks.

My wife is quite upset with new coup group and their apology attitude with southern killers. She is not an analyst of any sort, she just knows what she reads (I believe today another 18 dead, and emphasis on killing school teachers is quite unacceptable).