School Testing Covid-19

Chad3000

6 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If you prefer to also risk and actually die, that is the only cheap alternative, even you would still lose 30-50K in that case. They didn't have much choice, they were sent to international hospital that was most near by.

Again bear in my mind, they had zero to mild symptoms, if it actually went bad, the bill must have been near a million. Could bankrupt people, specially teachers that not earn that much. I am no longer going to advice people coming to Thailand as long this continues. 

Some may get bankrupted, but my family is covered by the CSMBS, so not too worried personally. I will be doing everythign to minismise contance with students when we return - no being at their desk, no collecting work, etc. Work can be collected online. Should be fun. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 4:51 PM, Chad3000 said:

I can easily see only the private room in (semi) central Bangkok hospital running 15-25k per day at farang rates plus whatever else they slip on the bill double charged. Seriously doubt you'll be able to shop that around they'll just drop you at most profitable for the testing company.

What happens if you 'do not have money'?

13 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

What happens if you 'do not have money'?

No idea. But I'd hope if you were asymptomatic that the hospital would have far less interest in you.

If you were seriously I don't think that would be wise announcing that true or not.

Edited by Chad3000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

All those plans pay out only if you are comatose. Maybe posting this link you ought to have checked the plans and made a purchase ????

https://www.tipinsure.com/Ph/step_2

I actually have this insurance proper. Bought for 800b. Bought for my in-laws. It's a decent company. They came down with covid and went to field hospital. They paid out both 35k each. They were never comatose lol.

Not true. Did you bother to scroll down the link I gave? https://www.dhipaya.co.th/en/product-detail-10-37-12.html

I have plan 4 ( 850 baht/year)= 1,000,000 baht death or serious condition/ 100,000 baht medical treatment for Covid-19 for a year.

The link you gave is an online subsiduary. The link I gave is the parent company. The company is partly owned by the govt. I have had it since April 2021 and it is still available for foreigners to purchase if you have been in Thailand for more than 6 months or have a work permit. My wife has her Thai Life Insurance license and she said at the time (April) it was the best available for foreigners. Getting a private hospital room is not guaranteed though, if they're full!

I was told that even the mandatory tourist COVID insurance will NOT pay for the hospital quarantine if one is dragged off and put in there.  Has anybody gone through the hospital quarantine and then gotten reimbursed or tried to use the COVID insurance and found it was or was not accepted or direct billed?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, rbkk said:

Not true. Did you bother to scroll down the link I gave? https://www.dhipaya.co.th/en/product-detail-10-37-12.html

I have plan 4 ( 850 baht/year)= 1,000,000 baht death or serious condition/ 100,000 baht medical treatment for Covid-19 for a year.

The link you gave is an online subsiduary. The link I gave is the parent company. The company is partly owned by the govt. I have had it since April 2021 and it is still available for foreigners to purchase if you have been in Thailand for more than 6 months or have a work permit. My wife has her Thai Life Insurance license and she said at the time (April) it was the best available for foreigners. Getting a private hospital room is not guaranteed though, if they're full!

Sorry, I'm on my phone and find the links confusing. I have at the moment the identical insurance as you. My wife has same as well as the scammy 100k insurance policy

Can you provide the exact link rather than telling me (us) to scroll down? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

Sorry, I'm on my phone and find the links confusing. I have at the moment the identical insurance as you. My wife has same as well as the scammy 100k insurance policy

Can you provide the exact link rather than telling me (us) to scroll down? Thanks.

For the 3rd time here it is....

https://www.dhipaya.co.th/en/product-detail-10-37-12.html

You click on those underlined words and it takes you to the address. When there you move down the page by scrolling your mouse wheel or moving the page up with your finger if on a smartphone. You can see the coverage, conditions and the 4 price options/plans. These plans also cover up to 99 years old unlike some other companies policies. I think policies like this should be compulsary for foreign teachers to protect the Thai Health system from being swamped. I'm guessing many teachers here are unaware that this protection exists at such a reasonable price. 

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

For the 3rd time here it is....

https://www.dhipaya.co.th/en/product-detail-10-37-12.html

You click on those underlined words and it takes you to the address. When there you move down the page by scrolling your mouse wheel or moving the page up with your finger if on a smartphone. You can see the coverage, conditions and the 4 price options/plans. These plans also cover up to 99 years old unlike some other companies policies. I think policies like this should be compulsary for foreign teachers to protect the Thai Health system from being swamped. I'm guessing many teachers here are unaware that this protection exists at such a reasonable price. 

Yes, I see the plans. I just do not see any way to purchase the plan. When I go to desktop view on my phone and click buy insurance it delivers a page in Thai. Poking around there I don't see any way to purchase (the 850k plan).

I agree to your point about buying insurance. I think every teacher could pony up 850b rather than waiting for the school to come up with the money for 5-50 teachers.

Edited by Chad3000

13 minutes ago, Chad3000 said:

Yes, I see the plans. I just do not see any way to purchase the plan. When I go to desktop view on my phone and click buy insurance it delivers a page in Thai. Poking around there I don't see any way to purchase (the 850k plan).

I agree to your point about buying insurance. I think every teacher could pony up 850b rather than waiting for the school to come up with the money for 5-50 teachers.

There are various ways to contact them shown on the 'contact' drop down tab. If all else fails Tel: 1736 Contact Center.