Covid recovered certificate for Phuket entry

Jm1g

I have friends visiting Phuket in December and looking at the domestic entry requirements, it says you need to be fully vaccinated or have recovered within 6 months.

how does one go about getting one of these certificates? Is there a standardized certificate that must be shown or hospital records? Doctors note? Does anybody have any information regarding this covid recovered entry method?

thanks

Edited by Jm1g
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, wanderingengine said:

Your hospital release documents should be your proof of recovery. Of course, the guy standing at the border at 4 am looking at bus passengers' passports may or may not want to read it.

1. Nobody is coming in through land borders these days (not since COVID) and entry requires a COE issued by the MFA and it is during that application process that this paperwork would be reviewed.

2  He needs a medical certificate that specifically states he had COVID, with dates, and has recovered as indicated by negative PCR test(s) (dates). Nobody is going to wade through hospital or other treatment records. He needs a straight, to-the-point medical certificate stating these key things.

I am not sure re 3 vs 6 month interval being accepted, should check most recent guidance. 

One thing to be aware of in coming here having previously had COVID is that it occasionally happens that there is still a small amount of viral material in the body  abd hence a small  risk of a positive PCR at some point (even though othet PCRs have been negative). PCR does not distinguish between active infection and dead viral particles from an old infection. Might not happen (probably won't) but it could and consequences of a positive PCR after arrival are not good.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

1. Nobody is coming in through land borders these days (not since COVID) and entry requires a COE issued by the MFA and it is during that application process that this paperwork would be reviewed.

2  He needs a medical certificate that specifically states he had COVID, with dates, and has recovered as indicated by negative PCR test(s) (dates). Nobody is going to wade through hospital or other treatment records. He needs a straight, to-the-point medical certificate stating these key things.

I am not sure re 3 vs 6 month interval being accepted, should check most recent guidance. 

One thing to be aware of in coming here having previously had COVID is that it occasionally happens that there is still a small amount of viral material in the body  abd hence a small  risk of a positive PCR at some point (even though othet PCRs have been negative). PCR does not distinguish between active infection and dead viral particles from an old infection. Might not happen (probably won't) but it could and consequences of a positive PCR after arrival are not good.

The OP was asking about entering Phuket domestically.  The OP would not require a CoE under these circumstances.  I believe for domestic entry into Phuket the covid recovery must have occurred within the previous six months.

243540493_10159880744958521_3440985405424773076_n.jpg

Edited by skatewash
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, skatewash said:

The OP was asking about entering Phuket domestically.  The OP would not require a CoE under these circumstances.  I believe for domestic entry into Phuket the covid recovery must have occurred within the previous six months.

243540493_10159880744958521_3440985405424773076_n.jpg

You are correct -- my mistake.

Yes, the OP is asking about domestic entry.

Anyway, the rest of the details are here: https://www.gophuget.com/inout

You can use google's image translator and your sense of imagination to read them.

You are allowed to bring your own antigen test kit and test at the border, but I wouldn't do this if taking the bus as you'll have the whole bus waiting for you.

Edited by wanderingengine
details
  • Thanks 1