New vaccine combo injects hope for Thailand’s battle against COVID-19

webfact

On 10/14/2021 at 12:46 PM, placeholder said:

They've withdrawn it from use because there are alternative vaccines that are somewhat safer in that regard. But the fact is they would be far better off taking Moderna then remaining unvaccinated.

What "alternative vaccines"? There is Pfizer, AZ and then J&J which is basically the same as AZ. 

16 hours ago, placeholder said:

In this case Sweden and Denmark are using Pfizer-Biontech.

And how is this an "alternative vaccine"? The whole world is using it. Same mRNA basis as Moderna. The other option is DNA which is AZ and J&J.  None of them I'd call "alternative", there are some in the pipleline like Valaneva, but far from being seen.

Edited by MadMac

Playing up this ridiculous  SV + AZ combo as if it is better than AZ + AZ and using the Thai people as involuntary guinea pigs is shameful nonsense.  We all know the real reason why such huge quantities of SV were imported even after better alternatives came available. 

On 10/12/2021 at 5:56 AM, lujanit said:

Is what you are saying your first jab was AZ and your second was Pfizer?  You threw me off with 'second combo'.

I read a while back that this would be the case for older people.  I get my second shot next Monday twelve weeks after the first jab (AZ).  Hopefully Pfizer.

Yes, first AZ and then after 6 weeks Pfizer.

Would be interested in hearing if any one else had this combination, which I requested specifically as a change from the originally scheduled 2nd shot of AZ.