New Developments At Ban Laem Checkpoint

I stopped in a visa run office yesterday and I was asking the lady about her experience with onward ticket requirements. She showed me some stub of a ticket to angkor wat (Cambodian bus company) and said I need to pay 200 baht for that on top of the usual service charge. I looked at the jack golf news page and I see they are saying the same thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<http://www.jackgolf.com/en/news/94.php>

"From today, May 30th.

You don't have to show your out-bound ticket at Ban Leam border (07:00trip).

However you have to buy a bus ticket to Angkor wat at a agent at border, ( hard to understand, I know) so you will have to prepare extra 200B for that."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there you have it. A Thai solution to a Thai problem. :o

Now, if we can just figure out where all those bus fees are going...

Edited by cali4995

I stopped in a visa run office yesterday and I was asking the lady about her experience with onward ticket requirements. She showed me some stub of a ticket to angkor wat (Cambodian bus company) and said I need to pay 200 baht for that on top of the usual service charge. I looked at the jack golf news page and I see they are saying the same thing.

"From today, May 30th.

However you have to buy a bus ticket to Angkor wat at a agent at border, ( hard to understand, I know) so you will have to prepare extra 200B for that."

Ummmmmm the Immigration Officer's welfare fund ? LOL

<http://www.jackgolf.com/en/news/94.php>

"From today, May 30th.

This goes along with the Laos Immigration Welfare System where this past Monday I had to pay the Laos officer for the arrival/departure card THB 40 when entering (90 days ago it was THB 20) and THB 20 when exiting (same 90 days ago).

Eeeeewwww, how tacky these Immigration Officers are becoming. FWIW next trip I'm still going to get a rail ticket as I'd rather 'donate' to SRT than give one baht to those leeches. :o

Spoke to a company called "ThaiVisaRun", they only go to the Ban Laem border for the visarun.

they said: everyone has to buy that bus ticket except the real visa holders and the lucky ones from Argentina, Korea, Peru, Chile, Brazil, HK, Laos, Macao, and Vietnam.

Spoke to a company called "ThaiVisaRun", they only go to the Ban Laem border for the visarun.

they said: everyone has to buy that bus ticket except the real visa holders and the lucky ones from Argentina, Korea, Peru, Chile, Brazil, HK, Laos, Macao, and Vietnam.

Thanks for this advice Baht. So when "they" say "everyone has to buy that bus ticket except the real visa holders" do you know whether or not this includes people like jeebusjones, who already has paid, valid proof of his departing LOS (by rail) and those who intend to provide air ticket proof? :o

Perfect timing, I just purchased my rail ticket yesterday. The guy at the counter couldn't understand why I was happy with an upper berth. Sucker...

Hey jeebusjones,

I just had a word with Jacks and although not yet posted on their web site they concur with Baht's report that should you use the Ban Laem (aka Pong Nam Ron)/Daung visa crossing, irrespective of whether you've purchased a rail or air ticket; you're still going to have to fork out for "that" bus ticket.

FWIW the guy I spoke with told me you can use your rail ticket for the Aranyaprathet/Poipet crossing point instead if you like, even though this fact isn't annotated on their web site...yet, if at all it will be.

Just a heads-up for you m8! :o

Marginline, you're correct that at the moment they only seem to be doing this Siem Reap bus run at the amphur Pong Nam Ron checkpoint. I've used this bri-joy company a few times from the Pattaya/Jomtien area and even this lady kept referring to this as a "tax". I had to get her to call the head office to confirm that it indeed is the legal requirement that's being met here.

(well, this week anyway) :o

<http://www.enjoygrouptravel19.com>

Edited by cali4995

Hi.

I was at Ban Laem yesterday to renew my visa. ( Sunday 3rd )

If you have a "normal" visa such as a multi B, O visa etc you do not need to show onward journey ticket.

Yes it is true.....200 baht at the window on the Cambodian side ( opposite the ciggie sellers ) and this is for the 30 day visa holders.

You also now need 2 photos ( everyone ) of yourself.

I only had 1 and got stung for an extra 150 baht but the immigration officer stated that the new rule applys as from yesterday and they will not ( allegedly ) accept tea money. No pictures ..........no entreeeee Thailand.

I just had a word with Jacks and although not yet posted on their web site

Thanks for the link to Jack. I'm surprised no one has translated their site into the English language.

Hey you're welcome tropo! :D

Reason I'm responding is to let you know Jacks Total Golf International is in fact translated into English and also Japanese and Korean. :o

Edited by marginline

talking about this Jack Golf 's visarun service, it sucks!

a friend of mine tried their service last week, it was a tiny minvan, no movies. almost forgot, the maker of that van is also korean , " Kia".

Yep, well there are pro's and con's with the little van Isaanlover. FWIW I used to do border runs to Aranyaprathet/Poipet with East Meets West Travel until proof of onward travel was mandated; and you're right...the van is tiny and there are no movies (or coffee or toilet facilities), but the good thing about the van is that it's pretty nippy so there's a high degree of probability you'll actually be back in Bangkok at the advertised time (4:30pm). So I guess it ain't all bad. :o