COE when traveling from other than country of residence

Hi guys,

for travel to Thailand, one of the requirements is to apply for a COE.
As per current regulations, does the COE require to travel from the country of residence/ passport or can also travel from a third country? Plan is to travel to Thailand for the Phuket Sandbox.
Example: residing country A -> fly to country B for holidays and spend there a few weeks -> fly from country B to Thailand -> fly from Thailand back to country A

If above is possible, when and where to apply for the COE (in country A or country B)?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this matter

13 minutes ago, Schnicnac said:

Example: residing country A -> fly to country B for holidays and spend there a few weeks -> fly from country B to Thailand -> fly from Thailand back to country A

as per your example, you MUST apply for COE at Country B

I THINK you need to stay in country B for 21 days also, so double check with Thai Embassy in country B before flying, some people were trying to beat the RED-Banned country list before, so check before you pay for anything you may have to change  your plans entirely

I believe there's a requirement that you must stay in the country issuing the COE for a certain number of days prior to flying to Thailand. I think it's 14 or 21 days but may be wrong about the number if days

Thank all of you guys for replying so quickly, much appreciated. This is now clear to me.

Two questions I would like to add to this:

a) a tourism visa could be applied for in both country A or country B?

b) since traveling with my child (2 years old), a COE (and SHA hotel booking) is required for each traveller (and the booking of the SHA hotel needs to include my child's name)?

Cheers!

12 minutes ago, Schnicnac said:

a) a tourism visa could be applied for in both country A or country B?
b) since traveling with my child (2 years old), a COE (and SHA hotel booking) is required for each traveller (and the booking of the SHA hotel needs to include my child's name)?

a. It depends upon the embassy where you apply. Many only issue a visa to those that are citizens or legal residents of the country where they are located.

b. Both will be needed for the child to apply for the COE.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bad boy 561 said:

If you’re residing in Thailand on a retirement  visa and return to your original country for a visit, are you required to get a coe if you have a re entry permit?

Yes

A COE is required for everybody to enter the country at this time.

15 hours ago, Dan O said:

I believe there's a requirement that you must stay in the country issuing the COE for a certain number of days prior to flying to Thailand. I think it's 14 or 21 days but may be wrong about the number if days

From what I know it is 21 days. Planned to apply from Germany but 21days was the issue. Singapore the same.

6 hours ago, Letseng said:

From what I know it is 21 days. Planned to apply from Germany but 21days was the issue. Singapore the same.

Read my earlier post.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no minimum number of days you have to be in the country you are traveling from. 

There was one before if traveling to a sandbox but that has been dropped since those from any country can enter for the sandbox now.