Thai partner not vaccinated How can she travel to England?

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And in many countries, that would not be recognized, as the Sinovac is universally acknowledged as being the lowest quality vaccine available. 

But that wasn't the point,  was it. That is a totally different debate. You stated that Thai's can only seem to get the Sinovac, but that isn't true, as most Thai's have been getting the Sinovac/AZ combo.

1 hour ago, Johnny Mac said:

But that wasn't the point,  was it. That is a totally different debate. You stated that Thai's can only seem to get the Sinovac, but that isn't true, as most Thai's have been getting the Sinovac/AZ combo.

Well, my point was that combo is not accepted in many nations. So, useless for travel.

Edited by spidermike007

On 10/14/2021 at 2:29 PM, nomad2019 said:
On 10/13/2021 at 7:01 PM, richard_smith237 said:

As of Monday 11th - Thailand was no longer on the UK Red lost. 

Your Wife can travel to the UK but has to quarantine at your home (or place you are staying) for 10 days.

There also some other requirements

- Pre-flight PCR

- Pre-flight Passenger locator form

- Book (and take) Arrival Day 2 and Day 8 PCR tests (try Randox.com)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Expand  

I am not vaccinated and I would like to travel to Thailand from the UK does that mean that I can stay at my partner's home and self quarantine....... Or would I need to quarantine at a hotel thanks

Travel from UK to Thailand = 10 day ASQ hotel quarantine, IF not vaccinated.

While there is no confirmation my guess is that for those not vaccinated a period of hotel quarantine is likely to remain for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 2:42 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:
On 10/13/2021 at 7:50 PM, Johnny Mac said:

You are fully up to speed to what many of the wife's friends are up to? How odd.

It's not odd at all, as far as I'm concerned. It's one of the most common topics of conversation that my wife has with her friends these days. And since I'm usually there when she's talking to her friends (either in person or on the phone) then I also know about her friends' vaccination status.

To me it would seem quite odd not to be aware of my wife's friends' lives.

Exactly that... I chose to ignore his [Johnny Mac’s comment] as it was rather dumb.

Perhaps some guys do not have relationships in which topical matters are discussed - If their relationship was borne of a financial transaction it would make sense that there is little shared interest, those in such relationships always seem want to project their experiences and assume everyone else has similarly empty relationships. 

• Like 2

On 10/13/2021 at 7:43 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Utter Rubbish - My Wife has already been dual vaccinated with Astrazeneca, as have many of her friends. 

NOT Rubbish !
It depends where you live; My Daughter, in Phetchabun Province, can ONLY get Sinovac, as 1st jab and then (not surely...) AZ. Foreigners get Pfizer, both jabs.

On 10/13/2021 at 7:35 PM, musicscene said:

She can only be vaccinated with a Chinese vaccine here which is not acceptable in the UK 

Got my second Astra shot at Bang Sue yesterday. Several thousand others mostly Thai also getting Astra shots there

3 hours ago, thaichef99 said:

NOT Rubbish !
It depends where you live; My Daughter, in Phetchabun Province, can ONLY get Sinovac, as 1st jab and then (not surely...) AZ. Foreigners get Pfizer, both jabs.

Thailand free vaccination program will only use AZ + Pfizer after Sinovac stock runs out (this week).

Thank you to everyone for your comments. The plan now is for her to fly to England unvaccinated Stay at home for quarantine and then use my local doctor to arrange the jabs via NHS. The reason for having the NHS involved is so we can get a vaccine passport for travel to the USA and back to Thailand