O-A visa Health Insurance

11 hours ago, huyuli said:

It is less complex, in my experience. No visiting or photos. Map is simple drawing of home location that takes two minutes. I have never used an agent, but if it seems too complex, please use one.

Yes I have heard no visits or photos but according to immigration they are requirements, however, as usual, 'discretion' comes into it.

21 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

No official notive from Immigration as yet.

I know, but that's another strange part of it, looks like some insurance companies have already begun to run with it (mentioned by a BM).

I checked a handful of Embassies earlier (LA, Washington, Berlin, Canberra, Ottawa, London) and only London (I think it was) seems to have dropped the 400/40K info and replaced it with US$100K to cover in/outpatient.

8 minutes ago, Salerno said:

I know, but that's another strange part of it, looks like some insurance companies have already begun to run with it (mentioned by a BM).

I checked a handful of Embassies earlier (LA, Washington, Berlin, Canberra, Ottawa, London) and only London (I think it was) seems to have dropped the 400/40K info and replaced it with US$100K to cover in/outpatient.

What exactly does the London website say? Whether there is a requirement for outpatient cover will be a key consideration.

22 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

What exactly does the London website say?

"Copy of evidence stating that applicants have insurance as per stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses, both inpatient and outpatient, no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand."

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas

Not being a Brit can't be 100% sure, but I think that only changed in the past few days on their site. They don't list the 400/40K anymore under O-A but it's still there for O-X.

Edit: After trying to decipher the appalling typography/layout a bit more not sure what to make of it. It's a tadge confusing but didn't it list the 400/40 before?

Edited by Salerno

13 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not being a Brit can't be 100% sure, but I think that only changed in the past few days on their site.

What it states is bit a confusing in what is says.

In particular this and statement.

"Copy of evidence stating that applicants have insurance as per stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses, both inpatient and outpatient, no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand."

It also has this link after that. https://longstay.tgia.org/

When you look at the insurance companies info it still shows the 40/400k baht insurance on LMG's info.

16 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not being a Brit can't be 100% sure, but I think that only changed in the past few days on their site. They don't list the 400/40K anymore under O-A but it's still there for O-X.

Edit: After trying to decipher the appalling typography/layout a bit more not sure what to make of it. It's a tadge confusing but didn't it list the 400/40 before?

This refers just to the COVID insurance which is nothing new.

It does nto say anything about any new O-A visa specific requirement.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What it states is bit a confusing in what is says.

555 just edited to say it's confusing; the site layout is shocking so it doesn't help. If anyone would know it would be you, didn't it state 400/40K for O-A before?

16 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It's the omission that is throwing me, I was pretty sure it specifically listed the 400/40K before.

Might just be bad memory, as I mentioned the other countries I had a look at haven't mentioned any changes either.

Edited by Salerno

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

555 just edited to say it's confusing; the site layout is shocking so it doesn't help. If anyone would know it would be you, didn't it state 400/40K for O-A before?

I am sure it did state 400/40k 2 years ago when i got my visa, otherwise how would i have known how much insurance was needed, though i went for ox, the medical requirements were the same, but i agree it can be read differently, time will tell

Edited by howerde

23 minutes ago, howerde said:

I am sure it did state 400/40k 2 years ago when i got my visa, otherwise how would i have known how much insurance was needed

Thanks for confirming, was pretty sure but like I said, not a Brit so couldn't be 100% as not a page I've perused that often.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

It does nto say anything about any new O-A visa specific requirement.

As we mentioned before this change happened on October 1st, but is just hitting the news now.

The only change has been that the OA insurance must also cover 100,000 USD covid coverage as well when applying outside of Thailand.

This applies for STV, and OA retirement visas only.

You can see a comparison here for policies on the Thailand Covid Insurance Comparison tool.

AXA, TUNE, and TGIA are all valid.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre