Tv Friday Nights Out

bazmlb

A Margarita recipe :o

Pizza Margarita

For the dough:

* 11/3 cups warm water (105° to 115°)

* 1 pinch sugar

* 21/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 package)

* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 3 to 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

For the topping:

* 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes

* 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly

* extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling

* salt

* fresh basil

Mix the sugar into the water and add the yeast. Stir once and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Mix olive oil and salt into yeast mixture and begin adding flour a little bit at a time, stirring with a wooden spoon. When it becomes too thick for the spoon, mix with your hands. Add flour until you have a soft, but not sticky, dough. Knead dough on a floured surface for 10 minutes. Coat the inside of a mixing bowl with olive oil and place the dough ball inside, flipping it so that its entire surface gets oiled. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours. Punch to deflate dough, turn it out onto a countertop and divide it into the number of pizzas you wish to make. Knead each small piece until smooth and uniform and allow to rest for 20 minutes under a dish towel before shaping. Preheat the oven to 500°. Simmer tomatoes over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Shape each dough piece into a 1/4-inch-thick round and place on a cornmeal-covered baking sheet without sides. Put a thin layer of tomato and mozzarella on each round of pizza dough and sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden. Tear the fresh basil onto the pizza and serve immediately. Makes 2 12-inch or 3 9-inch pizzas.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another Friday approaches. They keep doing that. Thank God.

Where shall we meet? We both like TB and would start there again. However, we also like a change.

How about the Hopf microbrewery near soi 13, beach rd? Good wheat beer and many like the lager. They also have bottled beers. Decent wood oven pizza around 170 baht for Margherita. Small sandwiches, more a snack than a meal, with ++ ingredients around 90 baht. They use true Parmesan Reggiano and the prosciutto sandwiches are tasty, but tiny. She who runs with scissors had some enormous plate of ham on the bone that she describes as the size of MT Olympus, don't remember the price but leftovers were plentiful.

They have a guy described as the opera singer, very good voice and he even does some Dean Martin. He is worth hearing and does a set at 8:45 or so. They have a decent Thai cover band. When the band is not on there are videos on TV's scattered about, last time it was Mr. Bean. Also the pizza flippers are worth a moment or two's entertainment.

Hopf will cost more than Bert's, but probably less than Shenanigans. The food is MUCH better than Shenanigan's in my opinion.

Since Friday nights are starting to get busy, it would be best that I call them if we plan to go.

Opinions? Suggestions?

kdf + she who runs with scissors

I've been their. Very nice. What does everyone else think. I do realy like Berts though.

Barry

It is tropical Bert's this week. Still have my TV Badge but not used it for a while. My life seems to be in turmoil all the time and I miss the meetings.

Use a Diary? ... What is a diary??

Now a Dairy is where they make Carrefour's lovely smelly French cheese :o . Could be meet there? - only joking :D !!

We are headed to Hopf on Beach rd near soi 13. Plan on 7:00, but we often miss the time by a few minutes.

If ya'll will let me know a rough idea of the number, I will warn them.

Egad, it is 4;30 ish am and I just wandered in from Walking street. Where were you folks to steer me onto the straight and narrow?

kdf + she who runs with scissors.

We are headed to Hopf on Beach rd near soi 13. Plan on 7:00, but we often miss the time by a few minutes.

If ya'll will let me know a rough idea of the number, I will warn them.

Egad, it is 4;30 ish am and I just wandered in from Walking street. Where were you folks to steer me onto the straight and narrow?

kdf + she who runs with scissors.

I will be their. A really nice place, with good Pizza, good snacks, especially the Cashew nuts.

Barry

I hope you folks don't mind if I show up one of these Fridays? I am in Russia at the moment but will be home soon.

Tuky,

Of course you are welcome. We have a good group and the Fridays vary from a low of 2 (me and she who runs with scissors) to our current average around 10.

See ya soon.

kdf

Would really like to meet up with the Pattaya crown but I've got the outlaws in town and a mate over from Oz. Perhaps in a week or so.

Cheers.

Bring them along! We're not a bad crowd and none of us bite. The only thing we may be guilty of is having a good time.

A couple of members who usually attend are from Australia. The rest are a mix of American,Thai,Scots,English,German hel_l from all over the place.

A rear cosmopolitan crowd!

See you :o

begs

I hope you folks don't mind if I show up one of these Fridays? I am in Russia at the moment but will be home soon.

Hey Tuky ! How's it going ?

Are you going to be in Patters next month (3rd week of November or so) ? If so, maybe we'll have to drag Peter out for dinner again. :o

Are you going to be in Patters next month (3rd week of November or so) ? If so, maybe we'll have to drag Peter out for dinner again. :D

Jenny's??? :o

Seriously mate - when are u in town - should be about after 26 Nov or so. :D

Are you going to be in Patters next month (3rd week of November or so) ? If so, maybe we'll have to drag Peter out for dinner again. :D

Jenny's??? :D

Seriously mate - when are u in town - should be about after 26 Nov or so. :D

No shi-ite ?

I should be getting in on the morning of the 19th. That'll give me a week to acquire a girlfriend before you come in and scoop them all !! :bah:

Going to miss the 5th year anniversary by 2 days ! :D

(I'm not saying that TV planned this or anything :o )

grahamhc,

A suggestion has been made for Hopf. Read the prior posts to see info.

kdf

KDF

Sorry I missed the Hopf, but my friend was late arriving in Pattaya so I missed the meeting. It turns out he is a TV BM as well, called "Aussiep", who is here on a fleeting visit post-34728-1193040241.gif from australia

(I'm not saying that TV planned this or anything :D )

Does seem that way, doesnt it???? :o Oh well perhaps we should arrange our own pissup??? ''

What u say, ladies and gents??? (Unofficial Pre Crissie TV Pissup???)

Edited by britmaveric

Does seem that way, doesnt it???? :o Oh well perhaps we should arrange our own pissup??? ''

Sounds good to me(us), begsaresponse and I miss the anniversary do as well, we are at the pilc ball.

Sounds good to me(us), begsaresponse and I miss the anniversary do as well, we are at the pilc ball.

more time to drink and eat and laugh?

ok wid us

kdf + she who lays around with a fever