Tv Friday Nights Out

bazmlb

The wife and I will be in Pattaya towards the end of October and was looking forward to meeting some of the faces behind the avatars so am sad to read that the Friday nite outings are not doing well. Hopefully things will pick for 'Friday Nights Out' as the tourist season gets into swing in November and some of us that are non full timers start making our pilgrimage to LOS :o

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Humps and Raro and anyone else who is interested in meeting up with the wives/GFs in tow. I am in patts from the 5th oct to the 22nd....then 18 days for every 13 weeks worked in kashmir, India, or Pakistan if the locals get their way :o I wouldnt mind swapping a few tales of hong kong with you humps.

To be honest the only reason I have moved to Patts is because I dont think I would have had many visitor's from home if I had bought a place in Khon Kaen (the wifes home city... and bless her she did her best to convince me to buy there) . I have been to patts loads of times and found the expats there a bit offish compared to other places I have lived and worked. But I suppose a vast majority of them only know home and thailand and have never realy mixed in a truly multicultural expat crowd. Having said that..there must be plenty of guy's like me who have worked all over and would be great company over a few beer's. I am looking to hook up with a few of you guys and make some decent mates for the long term

Jim

I'll PM you when I am sure of my dates - and announce on TV.

I too enjoy the Friday nights out. The only reason i've missed the last two is because places in Jomtien were suggested and i'd rather keep it central to Pattaya. I'm unable to bring my wife as we have a ten year old son and even if it were apropriate to bring him, which it's not he gets bored easely. We will be in Surin for the pissup at the Farrang connection next month just by chance and he can play computer games upstairs their. So if anyone has any suggestions for places to meet central to the city of Pattaya i'm always up for it.

Barry

I too have enjoyed the Friday night out meeting with other members but of late it has lost its edge!

Given the amount of members in Pattaya I can't understand how it usually been the same few. I think at any one time around 12 members has been the most! And quite a few times 2 or 3!

And yes we all have commitments and sometimes the Friday night is not possible.

I agree with Raro where we meet it should be possible to bring wives/partners to. If I want a lads night out on the piss I can get that anytime.

So until there is a better proposal....I will be at Tropical Berts on a Friday night and if there are other members there we can discuss where we want to move on to later in the night....so feel free to join me.

Begsaresponse

I'm in Patters at the moment and this morning the wife went to Chaiyaphum, leaving me on my lonesome :o so i can make it for a few drinks any night this week. But going to Bangers saturday.

Proffessor Fart (any of you remember him) is coming down to Patters today for a couple of days so we'll be having a drinky or three :D

Last Saturday their was a great party at paddys bar central road across from Tops. Live music, good female vocalist, Thai and English music. Everyone was dancing. Had a great time and the food was good. A bunch of us meet their most evenings at 5Pm for an hour or so, and when they have a party they always have live music.

Barry

Humps and Raro and anyone else who is interested in meeting up with the wives/GFs in tow. I am in patts from the 5th oct to the 22nd....then 18 days for every 13 weeks worked in kashmir, India, or Pakistan if the locals get their way :o I wouldnt mind swapping a few tales of hong kong with you humps.

To be honest the only reason I have moved to Patts is because I dont think I would have had many visitor's from home if I had bought a place in Khon Kaen (the wifes home city... and bless her she did her best to convince me to buy there) . I have been to patts loads of times and found the expats there a bit offish compared to other places I have lived and worked. But I suppose a vast majority of them only know home and thailand and have never realy mixed in a truly multicultural expat crowd. Having said that..there must be plenty of guy's like me who have worked all over and would be great company over a few beer's. I am looking to hook up with a few of you guys and make some decent mates for the long term

Jim

I'll PM you when I am sure of my dates - and announce on TV.

look forward to hearing from you HB

thanks for all your positive responses! I was a bit scared getting a spanking or even get called a "Mary" once more, but from what I see lots of people are with me. :o

Prof Fart back in town? Mr. BJ himself around?

Let's settle for this Friday! I have a function to attend until 9 or 10 pm. Will meet you after! Tropical Bert's?

So, I'm not the only one who can feel it.. :o

Even more disturbing is that regular members who attended our Friday night outs regularly in the past not only stopped doing so after a promotion but also totally blank me when they meet me in a pub by coincidence. I heard from others about similar experiences. If I stepped on anybody's toe, please let me know. I f you just don't like me, fine, I can live with that.

Bloody shame isn't it. I've seen it before. And I'm still curious if I'll get the same treatment next time I see them also. Living in Bangkok takes away so much fun!!! :D

Thing is, raro, there has been some personal bullshit amongst the (former) Friday gang. But they won't speak their minds. They just ignore you, and then you wonder <deleted> you've done to them. That, in my opinion, makes the Friday get-together has gone to ratshit. I mean, if you got a problem with me, then say so, make it known and then piss off. But they don't. They just expect us to be mind readers.

This personal bullshit aside, I've always enjoyed going out in Pattaya (ok, maybe not when someone was trying to take pics of me :D ). Maybe I'll make an effort to go down sometime soon. :D

Wondering if this post is going to be zapped... :D

Oh dear!

I do tend to speak my mind at times - usually shows how little there is in there.

So if anyone is a touch sensitive, or won't come outside for further discussion in the yard, then you may not enjoy my get-togethers very much.

Not to worry - I've completed my three-score and ten, so all my life is a bonus now. My mum's 98 and still going strong).

I'll be home in October and will host something around Suksabai Villa area at that time.

I'll also be at TB's this Friday as Bert owes me a beer.... :D

Thought you were still on holiday!!! It's ready and waiting.

I'll try and pop down tonight. What time and where is Tropical Berts?

Beach Rd, Soi 6 / 1, Second Road end.

(Soi 6 / 1 is just past soi 6, and Berts is at the far end, elevated a metre or so, on the right hand side. Pretty well opposite Bangkok Bank on Second Road.

7 p.m. is usual.

Iff;n I can get along will bring dawgluck to cheer up the leper colony! :o

Iff;n I can get along will bring dawgluck to cheer up the leper colony! :o

Would just like to say that the leper colony remark was not casting nasturtiums at anyone but just the general 'I'm gonna go and eat worms' tone of late.

Apologise for any offence.

Quite night at Bert's last night. The regulars were there, Begs, Mamanoodle, screws and BarryofThailand. I had to leave early, 9pm, and did not catch any late comers. Did MrBojangles ever show as he was a no show in Surin for the pissup there.

Hello y'all,

kdf and she who runs with scissors are back in action. Missed everyone and we are ready to add ourselves to the next pissup.

We have always been proponents of meeting at a place with good fud and OK for the wives and gf with a follow on for the , ahem, harder joints.

kdf + she who runs with scissors

Hello y'all,

kdf and she who runs with scissors are back in action. Missed everyone and we are ready to add ourselves to the next pissup.

We have always been proponents of meeting at a place with good fud and OK for the wives and gf with a follow on for the , ahem, harder joints.

Welcome back. I've missed both of you. Last Friday we met at TB'S as usual. Rocket had to leave early, but had good conversation with screws, Begs and mama. Raro was busy, so that was the entire crowd. My wife wants to come sometime and even possibly our son.

Barry

Did MrBojangles ever show as he was a no show in Surin for the pissup there.

No Rdrokit. Didn't log back onto TV for the directions. Ended up getting p1ssed in the Butcher's Arms. soi Boukaow :D Try and make this friday for a quickie though.

As for Surin, i didn't confirm that i was going as i didn't know my plans. Had to go to Chaiyaphum to see the mrs family :o

Hello y'all,

Welcome back. I've missed both of you. Last Friday we met at TB'S as usual. Rocket had to leave early, but had good conversation with screws, Begs and mama. Raro was busy, so that was the entire crowd. My wife wants to come sometime and even possibly our son.

Barry

Barry,

Good to hear from you and hope to see ya soon.

Bert's always seems to be an enjoyable pissup place and remains close to our hearts as it was our first.

I am hungry for Thai seafood, esp. crab. Anyone know a gud choice that might make it as a pissup starter joint?

kdf

I was planning to come after that function but ran into a friend whose gf is also good friend of the wife and....well...the result of the evening was similar to a TV meeting.... :o

Will try to make it to Bert's this Friday, but again a function and won't be there before 9-ish...

I was planning to come after that function but ran into a friend whose gf is also good friend of the wife and....well...the result of the evening was similar to a TV meeting.... :o

Will try to make it to Bert's this Friday, but again a function and won't be there before 9-ish...

Raro my friend,

You keep odd hours, almost like mine when I worked. (tee hee) Look forward to seeing you and perhaps your lady.

kdf

Hello y'all,

Hey good buddy pleased you and she who runs with scissors are back. Hope you had a good visit and are ready for some catchin up!! :o

If not before mamnoodle and I will be at T Berts friday

begsaresponse

Hello y'all,

Hey good buddy pleased you and she who runs with scissors are back. Hope you had a good visit and are ready for some catchin up!! :o

begsaresponse

Hola Begs,

Barring unforeseen circumstances, we will be at tB at 7:00pm on Friday. Really looking forward to seeing you.

she who runs with scissors got her wallet boosted by some of the local miscreants and needs to blow off some steam.

Soooo how soon is Friday?

kdf

Hello y'all,

begsaresponse

Hola Begs,

Barring unforeseen circumstances, we will be at tB at 7:00pm on Friday. Really looking forward to seeing you.

she who runs with scissors got her wallet boosted by some of the local miscreants and needs to blow off some steam.

Soooo how soon is Friday?

kdf

kdf she can blow as much steam as she likes off on Friday, probably will not not be many here as it really is Low Low as regards people around but not to worry things can only get better.

I will be coming but rather late (after nine for sure....) Hope you're still around by then....

Basset: the Jack Daniels is somewhat cheap at Foodland at the moment so I've been told...maybe a good occasion to stock up... :o