Thai household economy improves but remains fragile for rest of the year

snoop1130

ลูกค้ายืนหนึ่ง..jpg

Thailand’s household economy has improved but will remain fragile for the rest of the year, due to a combination of flooding, rising energy prices and uncertainty over the COVID-19 pandemic, although Economic Condition Index (ECI) for September has improved from August, according to the Kasikorn Research Center’s ECI report.

Thailand’s ECI for September is 36.6, compared to 33.0 in August, thanks to the government’s easing of lockdown restrictions, such as malls and eateries being allowed to resume limited operations.

The September index is, however, low compared to last year, as many households were worried about increased spending on energy, public utilities and debt.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-household-economy-improves-but-remains-fragile-for-rest-of-the-year/

Logo-top-.png

Total lies and fabrication. It is as of Kasikorn is an extension of the regime PR dept. 

Nobody knows how high unemployment is right now, because it is the nightmare nobody wants to discuss. I would estimate 30-40% of the total workforce. Tens of thousands of businesses have closed permanently. Tens of thousands of hotels are hanging on by a thread. Being able to serve a drink would allow some to survive. Do the creeps care? Apparently, not one iota. 

Prayuth. The PM with no leadership skills, nor any ideas. Leading the nation towards lower income African nation status. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would use the word 'devastated' in the place of 'fragile'.

And all this would depend on each situation, as every instance is different from the next. 

Most everyone I know are reasonably independent and self-sufficient, where the current downgrade is not a factor.