Buses empty as Hanoians flock to cafes, eateries that have been allowed to reopen

ASEAN NOW News

With dining in restrictions lifted after more than two months, Hanoi residents enjoyed drinking coffee or slurping bowls of hot noodle soups with friends and family.

According to VN Express, the capital city allowed the reopening of a slew of services starting 6 a.m. Thursday October 14th, 2021, including parks, hotels, public transport, and indoor dining.

Picture1.thumb.jpg.71ffe61be2c5ff5aaa3b5b44f93d05f0.jpg

Despite the rains triggered by a tropical depression Thursday morning, people went out walking, jogging, and doing other exercises at the Lenin Park.

Picture2.jpg.2cee4c08527af9e7b4ca0d9511e7f8fb.jpg

A person scans a QR code for medical declaration before entering a pho shop on Hai Ba Trung Street.

Picture3.thumb.jpg.a0008467a6c2769fd7318c1a28369dc1.jpg

A coffee shop on Ba Trieu Street is full of customers Thursday morning.

Picture4.thumb.jpg.fd7c77973a405907accb2b054947b84d.jpg

Buses wait for passengers on Dinh Tien Hoang Street. No more than twenty passengers can be on a bus at the same time. Public buses will run between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.

Picture5.thumb.jpg.35756d97006b5a90f111a0178e929997.jpg

"It's good to be back at work. This bus runs on the Hoan Kiem Lake-My Dinh line, and we have only had 4-5 passengers since morning," said driver Duong Van Hien.

All passengers are required to medically declare themselves while getting into the bus to allow for contact tracing in case an infection is detected. All passengers, drivers and attendants must be vaccinated with at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot.

Picture6.thumb.jpg.ca8b249a504805d3b87dea1d11fc6a7d.jpg

"It was really boring to stay home. I was so glad to hear about the resumption of services, so I have come out to clear my mind. I have had only one ride since morning. People are still afraid of the coronavirus," said taxi driver Vu Van Tuan.

• Like 1