Kompasu storm dies out but heavy rains still expected

snoop1130

52d52af1e43f113270143c895b7217e5_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Concerns about the effects of Kompasu have eased after the storm weakened into a depression and then a low-pressure area as it traveled over Vietnam. However, heavy to very heavy raining is still expected in Thailand until tomorrow due to the existing monsoon trough and strong monsoon winds.

(ผู้ประกาศ-ROLL)

The Meteorological Department has issued its 13th and final announcement on the Kompasu storm, which had already weakened into a low-pressure area covering upper Vietnam. This development will result in reduced rains in Thailand’s upper Northeast although the country as a whole will experience heavy rainfall for two more days because of an existing monsoon trough and monsoon winds. Heavy rain is forecast for the lower Northeast, the Central Region, Bangkok, and the Southern Region. Very heavy rain is forecast for the Eastern Region. People should remain cautious of flash floods and forest runoffs.

The weather bureau expects less precipitation and smaller waves in the seas from October 17. It said cold air from China would move in to cover Thailand’s North and Northeast.

The National Water Command indicated that runoffs have occurred in many areas of Chanthaburi, and expected the mass of water to reach the city area today (15 Oct). The water level in the city area was about 30 centimeters below the banks. Meanwhile, the inundation in the province’s Makham district was abating.

In Lopburi province, Pa Sak Chonlasit Dam has bumped up its water release rate to 316 cubic meters per second in response to increased rainwater coming into its reservoir. Consequently, the water level in Pa Sak River is expected to rise by 2-2.5 meters.

nnt.jpg

Another day of 'English' weather today. Cool and wet in my part of Kalasin Province. Fine with me, as long as I don't have to venture out anywhere. High of 25 today, 24 on Sunday. Quite welcome, considering the wet season up until recently had been quite dry. My underground water supply will no doubt be maintained.

55 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

West of Bangkok Friday had a good amount of showers through the afternoon/evening.

Feels fresh for once, enjoying the cool feeling.

I will send some rain for you, have not seen the sun for 5 days in North Eastern Issaan, not checked on the river but it must be back to the same levels at 2-3 weeks ago

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Expat68 said:

I will send some rain for you, have not seen the sun for 5 days in North Eastern Issaan, not checked on the river but it must be back to the same levels at 2-3 weeks ago

North of Pattaya, woke up early to hear rain, it is still raining here 3 hours later, pumped over 3 inches out of the pool. Not heavy but steady.... any floods in town? I got shopping to maybe cry off from doing. 

Bang Yai, Nonthaburi...still spitting now but rained very substantially from 8 PM last night until about 8 AM Sunday morning. I have my second vaccine appointment today and I'm worried about the road I need to travel to get to the MRT...hint..it's called Khlong Thanon...and last Friday the water was already looking pretty high.