Came in from USA visa on arrival

You will have to apply for a 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration before applying for the one year extension of stay based upon retirment.

Requirements for the visa are here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

You can ignore 5.3 if you have had the 800k baht in the bank for a long time. It is only in the clause since the money only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply.

It appears you will need to apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry to meet the 15 days remaining on your entry requirement. You can apply for the extension on the same day you apply,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will have to apply for a 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration before applying for the one year extension of stay based upon retirment.

Requirements for the visa are here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

You can ignore 5.3 if you have had the 800k baht in the bank for a long time. It is only in the clause since the money only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply.

It appears you will need to apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry to meet the 15 days remaining on your entry requirement. You can apply for the extension on the same day you apply,

Thank you for all the good information. Sounds like a plan.

4 minutes ago, schultzlivgthai said:

Yes had to get Covid insurance to inter Thailand. Not sure what I’ll do after it runs out 

When someone enters Thailand they are given a stamp that has untill date. In the case of tourist visa that would be 60 days. The covid insurance needs to cover that period. 

Subsequent extensions do not require covid insurance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When someone enters Thailand they are given a stamp that has untill date. In the case of tourist visa that would be 60 days. The covid insurance needs to cover that period. 

Subsequent extensions do not require covid insurance.

I bought about 3 months of coverage, but will probably look for some basic health insurance in the future. 

Make sure a TM 30 (address update) gets filed soon as possible after you get to Nakon Rat. 

A couple of years ago I flew USA back to my home in Pattaya after an extended absence and didn't go to the IO till aprox 3 months later.  I was told if I did it again my wife would have to pay a fine. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bbko said:

Make sure a TM 30 (address update) gets filed soon as possible after you get to Nakon Rat. 

A couple of years ago I flew USA back to my home in Pattaya after an extended absence and didn't go to the IO till aprox 3 months later.  I was told if I did it again my wife would have to pay a fine. 

Oh! That hadn’t crossed my mind, probably better do that midweek when we get done with quarantine. 
thanks for the advice.

12 minutes ago, bbko said:

That is no longer required.

If returning to your residence a TM30 is now not required.

Previously was required for inter province and international travel.

No longer necessary.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That is no longer required.

If returning to your residence a TM30 is now not required.

Previously was required for inter province and international travel.

No longer necessary.

You may be correct, but I'd still check with IO just to be safe.

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, “House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national.”

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14721

6 minutes ago, bbko said:

You may be correct, but I'd still check with IO just to be safe.

You stated this ....

"A couple of years ago I flew USA back to my home in Pattaya after an extended absence and didn't go to the IO till aprox 3 months later."

TM30 is now not required to return to your home in Pattaya. 

If you change your address in the future you will need to do a TM30.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bbko said:

Ah, a new visa, that's what applied to me, thank you for the clarification. 

That is my summary of what it states in the regulation.

If you have a re-entry permit for a existing permit to stay or a multiple entry visa the report is not needed after entering the country if you return to the same address.

• Like 1