November reopening: Bangkok called the Hub of Swabs!

webfact

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

If they switched to antigen tests on arrival at the airport and free release into Thailand , I'd be all for it.

I think it's something they could organise quite easily and with tourism numbers quite low to start with and a massive airport there'd be plenty of room to do it.

I'd recommend also a second free test to all those found positive to test for false positive anti-gen

I couldn't have said or written it better!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Other measures will be in place to prevent the spread of Covid at Bangkok's nightlife that is expected to reopen on December 1st.

I remember that it was recently said in the that you shall wear face mask at all time to be safe...:thumbsup:

I can't read a few areas of the Thailand Pass graphic, can someone please share what it says:

ITEM 1 - With dark blue box at top with label 'Data Filing' then 3 bullet points (I can't read the period marks):

• Passport
  • ........  ...... Certificate
  • ........ Booking

ITEM 2 - Next to ITEM 1 - Two dark blue boxes with small writing including QR Code. But I can't read the words (both boxes) before 'QR Code.

Appreciate some help to get full details of the above.

Thanks, much appreciated.

1 hour ago, 2long said:

I'm sorry, but the 'test on arrival' and going into a forced hotel for as long as it takes Thai people to do something is still a prison quarantine and will deter thousands of the millions that the TAT tw*ts think are queueing up to visit this fine land.

Anyone who's double jabbed and tests negative before getting on the plane should have the freedom to walk out of the airport and go where they like! 

I am not condoning the way that things are for any Tourists that arrive in Thailand, but it is Thailand, and as such if these are the requirements for a Holiday within the Country that the Thai Authorities have imposed, then so be it.

The Tourists always have an alternative choice, and as I suspect, many will take that choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

I can't read a few areas of the Thailand Pass graphic, can someone please share what it says:

ITEM 1 - With dark blue box at top with label 'Data Filing' then 3 bullet points (I can't read the period marks):

• Passport
  • ........  ...... Certificate
  • ........ Booking

ITEM 2 - Next to ITEM 1 - Two dark blue boxes with small writing including QR Code. But I can't read the words (both boxes) before 'QR Code.

Appreciate some help to get full details of the above.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Does anybody have a very clear copy of the whole Thailand Pass process schematic?

Can you please share. Thanks.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They will create  "swab hubs" in the Thai capital, said Pongsakorn Kwanmuang

I am sure he did not say that, I am sure what ever he said he said it in Thai and the person who wrote this article translated it as such knowing that the (whatever this forum is called now) crowd will get a rise out of it. 

22 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If they switched to antigen tests on arrival at the airport and free release into Thailand , I'd be all for it.

I think it's something they could organise quite easily and with tourism numbers quite low to start with and a massive airport there'd be plenty of room to do it.

I'd recommend also a second free test to all those found positive to test for false positive anti-gen

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

Agree, seems to me that with some planning clever planning and organizing of swab materials/locations/staff/processing this could all be done at Swampy then just one step to get to the 1 night hotel and wait for the report.

Further, seems that when travelers arrive at Swampy they are deemed to be a Covid 19 risk to Thailand, so why would then be allowed to travel around Bkk to a testing hub and then to a hotel, all before they are 'passed' (get negative report).

All the more reason to keep the arrivals at Swampy until swab is taken.

The Thailand Pass process 'map' says traveler must submit details of hotel, so:

- Will there be a list of acceptable hotels for the 1 night stay?

- Will that list actually be the current ASQ hotels? (But with no PCR tests.)

- Can traveler leave the hotel as soon as negative report received by e.mail?

- If traveler arrives at Swampy early morning/breakfast time flight, swab taken quickly and processed at the airport, then traveler then goes to 1 night hotel, then negative report gets to the traveler later same day, can traveler leave the hotel immediately or must stay overnight, or?????

As far as I know PCR tests are taken on arrival in Hong Kong. Passengers have to wait 3 hours for the result, before they are transported to their quarantine hotel. Not sure if it's possible to get results of PCR in 3 hours in Hong Kong why it's not possible to do the same here.

18 hours ago, scorecard said:

Does anybody have a very clear copy of the whole Thailand Pass process schematic?

Can you please share. Thanks.

https://asq.in.th/thailand-pass

This seems to be the clearest one I can see. Tried MFA website, but "No Record"!

Some of the unclear wording is spelled out underneath the graphic.

The website is not up yet.

Anyway, it will change, as it's "pending approval".

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, MaiChai said:

You need a pcr test to get on a plane so why do you need a further test when you arrive in Thailand? Especially if you are fully covid vaccinated. Its OTT.

Yes completely OTT, but just think how much money will be generated by forcing incoming passengers to have an expensive PCR test and then forced into staying at a quarantine hotel for a day?? The Thai government don't miss a trick where money is concerned!!

• Like 2