November reopening: Bangkok called the Hub of Swabs!

webfact

Not sure how Thailand will publize this. 

"Open for all double vaccinated tourists"

"Will be captured at any time and forced to take a swab test then quarantined for a day while waiting test results."

I understand that vaccinations don't mean you can't get COVID but why pretend you are free to come without restriction?

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 11:24 AM, webfact said:

They will create  "swab hubs" in the Thai capital, said Pongsakorn Kwanmuang who was keen to follow through on PM Prayuth Chan-ochas earlier statements about reopening the country.

Follow through is what most tourist feel like when they see what has to be achieved to come here.

can anyone confirm--flying from uk to bangkok in november, en-route change flights in amsterdam spending 2 hours in transit before boarding next flight to bangkok  --QUESTION-as holland is not on approved entry list like the uk, wiill I face restrictions or be treated as an entry from the uk ?

On 10/16/2021 at 1:53 PM, scorecard said:

All very nice but when will Australians be added to the list of countries which can enter Thailand? 

I think a more important question for Ausies is when will they be added to the list of citizens who are allowed to leave their prison island at will....

On 10/17/2021 at 11:32 AM, GeorgeCross said:

the newspaper that can't be named is curretly running a story where they are talking about "blue zones" being set up in pattaya, chiang mai (and the others?)

for the first 7 days inbound tourists cannot leave and if (tested again?) covid free can travel freely outside with writtent permission from authorities.

not sure how they intend to enforce but tracking apps come to mind.

either way this fully open thailand is sounding a whole lot like another sandbox setup to me.

meanwhile 10s thousands of locals will be "freely" moving in and out of these blue zones with impunity. what a joke.

Yeah the whole thing is utter ???? ????