Arriving Bangkok, then on to Samui.

phetphet

Looking for some advice on best way to do this as things stand now.

Firstly, I am fully AZ vaccinated,

I know I will need COVID insurance to visa expiry,

Picking up vaccination passport on Monday,

COE might be electronic from 1st Nov.

Complete Passenger Locator Form prior to flying.

Not sure about PCR test requirements.

Want to fly USM - BKK - LHR - BKK - USM around 6th November. Probably with Qatar Airways.

Is it possible to do a Samui-Bangkok return and a separate BKK-LHR return? It would work out cheaper, but raises the question of whether I will be allowed to exit international arrivals at Suvarnabhumi and re-enter domestic for Bangkok Air flight onward to Samui?

Even if I book an all in one return ticket from Samui, with the planned reduced quarantine, can I just book one night in a ASQ hotel separately?

TIA

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

Is it possible to do a Samui-Bangkok return and a separate BKK-LHR return? It would work out cheaper, but raises the question of whether I will be allowed to exit international arrivals at Suvarnabhumi and re-enter domestic for Bangkok Air flight onward to Samui?

I don't think so.  When I arrived all the Samui transfer passsengers were being met at the entrance to the terminal to be whisked away to their transit prison.  Passengers terminating at BKK joined the arrivals vetting process.  I think any COE or Thailand Pass application will be refused without a through ticket, but only one way to find out for sure until it's officially announced, and I'm glad it won't be me that tries it.

6 hours ago, phetphet said:

Even if I book an all in one return ticket from Samui, with the planned reduced quarantine, can I just book one night in a ASQ hotel separately?

That is believed to  be the plan but again not officially announced.

No PCR test but Lateral flow test will be required on or before Day 2 on arrival in the UK and must be ordered prior to doing the PLF.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 9:35 AM, phetphet said:

No, not at the moment.

To exit Samui with check-in to LHR and international transit in BKK you need to buy a Bangkok Airways code share ticket.

To return and get to Samui in transit in BKK, you will under the present rules need a code share ticket (all in one ticket), and you shall book one of the special three daily 5xxx flights.

However, things might change from November 1st when you might be able to enter Thailand without quarantine when fully vaccinated. However, at the moment it seems like you need 1 night in an ASQ hotel, which then will be in Bangkok, if you buy separate tickets instead of a Bangkok Airways code share ticket. The new regulations from November 1st are not yet clearly specified, so things might become different...????

• Like 1