Teenager caught on viral video performing dangerous motorbike stunt on highway in Pattaya arrested

Jonathan Fairfield

S__67346478.jpeg

Pattaya Police have arrested a young man who was caught on video doing what appeared to be a dangerous “superman flying” stunt on his motorbike in Pattaya earlier this week.

The video of a motorbike driver who was performing the stunt at night on his motorbike had gone viral on social media after another driver, who is also a freelance reporter, captured the stunt while driving in his own vehicle.

The stunt driver was driving on Sukhumvit Road near Boon Kanjnaram Temple.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/16/teenager-caught-on-viral-video-performing-dangerous-motorbike-stunt-on-highway-in-pattaya-arrested/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Looked like he knew what he was doing what is the big deal?  See much more dangerous

riding/driving then that everyday.

Of course he knew what he was doing, driving dangerously. It is a novelty they caught one of them!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Looked like he knew what he was doing what is the big deal?  See much more dangerous

riding/driving then that everyday.

I wonder how he would have "dealt" with someone pulling out in front of him...

"Is it a bird", "is it a plane" ... nah just another burk!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Was taxpayer funding used to purchase that stupid cartoomesque "statue" outside the police station?

Whoever approved the purchase of it should be done for fraud.

The statue compliments the  police and the level of esteem they are regarded as.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how he would have "dealt" with someone pulling out in front of him...

"Is it a bird", "is it a plane" ... nah just another burk!

No problem - they'd get hit by the truck being driven by some idiot who isn't looking because he's too busy filming...

• Like 2

So this kid is riding solo and stupid.

We've all done some retarded stuff and let's face it if anything had gone wrong HE would have suffered most. There's lots much worse stuff happening that's not on video and not in the news.

Why does this poor kid have to be the brunt of so much flak?

BTW, it aint Superman music, but it sort of fits

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I wonder how many of those here refer back to the activities they dangerously partook in as I also did consider the difference now where it has changed from the personal satisfaction of surviving it to where it has now often become a competitive social media event to attract not only "fame" but attracts and encourages extremes of lethal naive response?

There is so much of activities that are more about collective defiance regardless of actual "winners" that IMO indicates a social deterioration and boredom with the stagnation of individualistic opportunity on the large scale.

In my late teens I was into organized gymkharna and local rally events until such time as it became "big money" events that destroyed my capacity to  continue.

Now it is no surprise that apart from a great deal of relatively  cheap performance enhancements are available the opportunity for many enterprising  people with that interest are excluded from demonstrating their "skill" are excluded by the monetizing  track racing and prohibitive regulations incorporated into it. The alternative seems to be to engage in activities that so often result in adulating observer innocent death in the public domain.

I did the "Superman flying" thing in Loei over 40 years ago.  Two kids on a Honda Wave ran a stop sign in a blind spot and I broadsided them.  I flew like Superman over the handlebars and onto the grass on the side of the road.