Does a LT Girlfriend have property rights when we split - it's time

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

They expect to get the motorbike, pickup, house, maybe condo too, girls talk and hear what others got

I didn't ask what they expect.

We live in a middle class Thai condo & neighbourhood and the "girls" to whom you refer don't live anywhere around here. My GF doesn't look like them, dress like them, talk like them or behave like them and would be unlikely to talk to them at all even if they entered our surroundings.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, JoeBloe said:

We live in a middle class Thai condo & neighbourhood and the "girls" to whom you refer don't live anywhere around here. My GF doesn't look like them, dress like them, talk like them or behave like them and would be unlikely to talk to them at all even if they entered our surroundings.

She may not walk, talk or look like a duck, but she's turned into one.  Even middle class or women brought up respectable can turn into a bad seed.  If shes turned into a lazy do nothing  but mooch then she isnt  any better than a no class being.  Tough love is an option,  and no you owe her nothing, but if you want to change her, which may be impossible,  then get creative.  Sex is available  anywhere, so it should be impossible  for her to use as a tool.  She clearly isnt thinking of her soon if shes getting tactful on taking advantage of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeBloe said:

but I need to get out before it gets ugly.

You need a sound exit strategy as it will get very ugly, like scorched-earth ugly.

And if she asks for an extra 5,000 baht be careful; keep an eye out for her "brother".

I'd also contact a lawyer for advice re: 

2 hours ago, JoeBloe said:

does she have any legal avenue for extracting compensation for time spent.

as there may be some implied responsibility, perhaps not strictly codified in law, but more of a social expectation. 

When she goes out for the day with the the child change the locks, put all of her stuff out the door, and give her a stipend to cover start-up costs elsewhere if you can afford it.  If not it is ultimately up to you.  She can always go home to her mother and father if she has one, but at the end of the day if she is contemplating this happening she may already be shopping on-line for a new paramour.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoeBloe said:

the way you describe is a sex worker, so expect she does talk to other people, not just you

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

Does she work? If you can afford it, move out and let her stay there. I think you will still feel like you want to continue to pay for the boys education. Give her the least amount of money to survive. Maybe she would take a cash amount. That way you would not be paying for ever.

This will be the basic model. I'd probably set up a bank account with recurring payments for x months, as long as she behaves herself, doesn't have me whacked and whatever else I need to insure for my own security.

I won't weep if she stays in the condo for as long as needed.

Edited by JoeBloe
Vocabulary
  • Haha 1

Ever watch a Thai Soap Opera TV show?

They yell and scream allot, all sorts of drama, get violent including death threats, try to get you arrested, start all kinds of nasty rumors about how you beat them, are on drugs, never took care of her and fondled the child, steal everything they can, vandalize the place, change your passwords, smash your phone, steal your passport, take the credit cards, drain the bank account and maybe slit their wrists with a dull knife or jumps off the balcony.(you pushed her of course)

Big loss of face, servicing a farang for 10 years and leave with nothing.... How stupid! Her friends and family will persuade her to take the apartment, car, bank, TAKE EVERYTHING!!

Well, thats going to happen to you.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1