Thai Airways International Routes Start To Return

VBF

Seems like Thai are doing 4 x weekly LHR/BKK/LHR from early November (I'm booked on 2nd Nov). I called them a few days ago to change a return date on my ticket purchased in January 2020 and there was no trouble using free Gold Award upgrades to business class both ways. I was on hold to their Bangkok number for about 30 minutes before a rep answered though. Their London office is still closed with staff working from home and no phone number to call. Hopefully this will see the full resumption of Thai's always excellent LHR/BKK/LHR services and it would be nice if they would bring back the A380 or use B787 or A350s instead of the 777 300ERs.  

I'd like to know when BA will start the long hauls to BKK again. Looking yesterday they were still closed on LHR/BKK with no end in sight to the closure. Anyone know different ? Big plans on reopening thailand will require airline support, and I aint seeing it.

Think we can count out EVA for a while too

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I'd like to know when BA will start the long hauls to BKK again. Looking yesterday they were still closed on LHR/BKK with no end in sight to the closure. Anyone know different ? Big plans on reopening thailand will require airline support, and I aint seeing it.

Anyone but TG.....

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

EVA has been my airline of choice the last 10 years, flying from either LAX or Seattle to BKK.  Lumped all my trips on that for mileage rewards, which they have since changed and their rewards are not as good.  But Taiwan is not allowing transit flights through Taiwan until January so EVA is not much use in the USA for a while

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

EVA has been my airline of choice the last 10 years, flying from either LAX or Seattle to BKK.  Lumped all my trips on that for mileage rewards, which they have since changed and their rewards are not as good.  But Taiwan is not allowing transit flights through Taiwan until January so EVA is not much use in the USA for a while

There is talk that transit flight restrictions through Taoyuan Int'l will be lifted before that - 15 Dec?? All this might be hopeful rumour.

As Taiwan is enjoying success in domestic vaccination rates and quite efficient at monitoring/segregating all foreign transits. 

• Like 1

I flew Thai Airways to Phuket in about 2000.  I happened to be staying near their office, and walked in at one point to ask about limousine service to the airport for my departure.  I saw a sign on the wall, noted the most suitable time, and walked out.  There was nothing to indicate that a reservation was required, no indication that the service was operated by some other company, and no indication that the limousine departed from somewhere else. All of these points I found out a couple of hours before my flight.

When I wrote to Thai airways to complain about this they called me a liar.  I have not been on one of their planes since.