Thailand to cease Sinovac vaccine use when stocks end this month

snoop1130

1 minute ago, nobodysfriend said:

What about the millions of people who had been vaxxed with Sinovac ?

They are making available Astra as a second shot or as booster. My neighbor was given two Sino shots and now she says she was notofied of an Astra schedule coming soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hip Hip heray It's like holding out for a pee. So what's next? More vaccines from China? Or something cheaper like something made here. The good ones are always coming but never seem to get here.

Took this picture yesterday as thousands of people waited for there free jab of Sinovac. Hundreds were turned away after waiting all day as they ran out once more.

Open Photo

Edited by vandeventer
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Exactly. Which are produced in your body in advance of an infection in mass quantities ready for battle by using a vaccine. Why are the anti vaxxers so daft they can't understand this simple concept? 

Because they may assume that their own immune system will successfully fight the virus and in the future know what to do in the event of a next covid attack.

• Thanks 1

• You got to give this one to the Thai leaders!  Not having the balls to say to the CCP your vaccine is junk if it was really good they wouldn't still be locking down their people and putting such restrictions on them.  So they use a term " current stock finish "???? they will continue to buy if not Sinovac then it will be Sinopham at inflated prices so they can shave off the top then give it to their illegal migrants workers and hope for the best.
  • Like 2

In now stopping any further usage of the Sinovac Vaccine, Thailand could be making a rod for its own back.

This is an open admission, and condemnation of the Sinovac for use with the population of Thailand.

Some questions need to be asked now.

1) Will Thailand accept travellers who have been Vaccinated with Sinovac as Tourists.- I think we all know the answer to that one, although it would be a very sketchy thing to do after stopping the vaccine for your own Countries use.

2) If, and when allowed, will the CCP cut the number of Tourists to the Country in retaliation.

Thailand has just announced they have bought a large consignment of Vaccines from Spain. I think this was possibly through the Covax Scheme.

There are said to be over 600 K of AZ and a large batch of Pfizer of 2.7 Million doses

The price said to be paid was at 2.90 Euro per dose -112 baht - a reduced price

Maybe this is the reason that the Government of Thailand has stopped procuring Sinovac with its cost at over 3 times the price paid for these Vaccines.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand has recorded nearly 1.8 million cases and 18,336 fatalities overall, more than 98% in the past seven months.

That is just over 1% in 7 months, if you believe the statistics, what about those that die in villages, no autopsy, just cremate them in the temple, problem sorted. But what did they die of, old age, drink to muk, same, same, no Covid.

These guys never cease to amaze me, mixing vaccines like cocktails, just give everyone two doses of the same vaccine, even if that means them waiting longer for the second dose, as they say the longer you leave it the better the results.

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

That means that they are fully aware of the fact that Sinovac does not protect against the dominant Virus variant , Delta .

What about the millions of people who had been vaxxed with Sinovac ?

They just continued to use that ineffective vaccine to get rid of their stock of it ?

Nonsense. Are you familiar with the concepts of "less than" and "greater than".

Sinovac's Covid-19 shot highly effective against serious illness: Malaysia study

Sinovac's Covid-19 vaccine is highly effective against serious illness, although rival shots from Pfizer-BioNTech and AstraZeneca showed better protection rates, a large, real-world study from Malaysia showed...

The study, conducted by the Malaysian government, found that 0.011 per cent of about 7.2 million recipients of the Sinovac shot required treatment in intensive care units (ICU) for Covid-19 infections, health officials told reporters on Thursday (Sept 23).

By contrast, 0.002 per cent of about 6.5 million recipients of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine needed ICU treatment for Covid-19 infections, while 0.001 per cent of 744,958 recipients of the AstraZeneca shot required similar treatment.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/sinovacs-covid-19-shot-highly-effective-against-serious-illness-malaysia-study

• Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Nonsense. Are you familiar with the concepts of "less than" and "greater than".

Sinovac's Covid-19 shot highly effective against serious illness: Malaysia study

Sinovac's Covid-19 vaccine is highly effective against serious illness, although rival shots from Pfizer-BioNTech and AstraZeneca showed better protection rates, a large, real-world study from Malaysia showed...

The study, conducted by the Malaysian government, found that 0.011 per cent of about 7.2 million recipients of the Sinovac shot required treatment in intensive care units (ICU) for Covid-19 infections, health officials told reporters on Thursday (Sept 23).

By contrast, 0.002 per cent of about 6.5 million recipients of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine needed ICU treatment for Covid-19 infections, while 0.001 per cent of 744,958 recipients of the AstraZeneca shot required similar treatment.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/sinovacs-covid-19-shot-highly-effective-against-serious-illness-malaysia-study

You are right, in the absence of other better options , sinovac is good enough, But unfortunately the perception is out there. I see it all the time, everyone I talk to Thai or western have a negative perception, but someone must be having it, otherwise they will not be running out of stock , right?  

IMO they souldn't had made an announcement. Next month when they run out, they should have said ,We run out of Sinovac and we will not order more, as we have enough of the other more effective vaccines.  

Making the announcement that after they run out , thy will not order more, only serves to reinforce the sinovac hesidency. 

A very stupid announcement IMO. 

16 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

All the wasted money and drama.

I do see why China was a bit miffed. Thai government totally boned vaccine procurement and to some sense China came to the rescue. Think how unhappy the population would be without any vaccine.

Now, Thailand has been able to beg borrow steal (?) vaccines and we're at a whopping 30%

The cost of the vaccine or what the Thai government paid is was obscene.

Thailand ordered Sinovac from China in November of 2019. China released no evidence that it had even conducted phase 3 trials at that juncture. Thailand refused to certify pfizer vaccine until Aril of 2020. China still hadn't released that data for its phase 3 trial. I A bit odd, no? Why didn't Thailand order fizer or az or moderna or janssen back then? Or as soon as they got approved for general use? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand used over 31.5 million Sinovac doses since February, starting with two doses to frontline workers, high-risk groups and residents of Phuket, a holiday island that reopened to tourists early in a pilot scheme.

And then found out 3 months later it was virtually useless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

You are right, in the absence of other better options , sinovac is good enough, But unfortunately the perception is out there. I see it all the time, everyone I talk to Thai or western have a negative perception, but someone must be having it, otherwise they will not be running out of stock , right?  

IMO they souldn't had made an announcement. Next month when they run out, they should have said ,We run out of Sinovac and we will not order more, as we have enough of the other more effective vaccines.  

Making the announcement that after they run out , thy will not order more, only serves to reinforce the sinovac hesidency. 

A very stupid announcement IMO. 

Although, to be fair, the Malaysian study didn't differentiate between pre-Delta effectiveness and post-Delta effectiveness.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Although, to be fair, the Malaysian study didn't differentiate between pre-Delta effectiveness and post-Delta effectiveness.

According to Fortune magazine. 

"The main Chinese vaccines appear to be working well against the Delta variant—but not as well as some of their foreign counterparts. "

https://fortune.com/2021/08/31/china-covid-vaccine-sinovac-sinopharm-delta-variant-effective/

16 hours ago, wadman said:

Thailand will be buying sinopharm vaccines instead. They are already buying it. Sinopharm has very little in terms of size effects, unlike AZ and Pfizer. Many Thais prefer sinopharm for that reason. 

Personally, I have had 1 AZ shot so far, with a fair bit of side effects. It does make me worry about what it is doing to my body (beside the protection against covid). 

Yes, something there with AZ. I had two shots of Sinovac with few side effects other than some tiredness over three or four days. I received the AZ "booster" on 30 September. Almost three weeks in and I'm still constantly dizzy, tired, and have recurring bouts of nausea. I wish I had never taken the AZ.

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

According to Fortune magazine. 

"The main Chinese vaccines appear to be working well against the Delta variant—but not as well as some of their foreign counterparts. "

https://fortune.com/2021/08/31/china-covid-vaccine-sinovac-sinopharm-delta-variant-effective/

That was always overwhelmingly likely to be the case. It's funny. When it was announced that Sinovac antibodies disappeared after a few months that was taken to mean by some that it was ineffective. But when it was shown that it took the pfizer vaccine a few more months for the same thing to happen the critics who singled out the Sinovac vaccine were silent. Lots of doublethink going on there.