Thailand to cease Sinovac vaccine use when stocks end this month

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Looks like the standard dosing regime for all vaccines is going to 2 plus one 6 months later.

Sinovac is good enough.  It prevents serious illness and death- maybe not as much as AZ though.

The problem with Sinovac and Sinopharm is the lack of transparency of the medical data by the Chinese companies.  If there was one available from western countries (an inactivated vaccine, based on the same technology as flu shots), I would take that instead.

Someone earlier in this thread had already posted about a study on vaccinated people requiring intensive care due to covid: Sinovac 0.011%, Pfizer 0.002%, Astra 0.001%.  Barely a difference.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sinovac isn't very good, but Sinopharm seems much better

Interesting, but from my experience, it depends on which doctor one consults. Here in Cambodia, my Khmer doctor advised me to have Sinovac and not Sinopharm as I am an insulin dependent Type 2 diabetic. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Uroller said:

Just wanted to provide some positive feedback for a change???? My experience with the Pfizer registration in Phuket run by Bangkok Hospital was flawless. Arrived at Central Festival on assigned date and time, registered, jabbed and received appointment day and time for second jab 2 weeks later. Showed up for second jab early ( about an hour), no problem, filled in a short form then went into the main area, my details were input into the system and I moved in for the jab. Waited the 30 mins after the jab then received my certificate and on my way????Kudos to Bangkok hospital and all the staff for a job well done????????

The one little issue was the first jab registration as unregistered people tried, some were successful in gate crashing the party (Farangs), but didn’t ruin the fine work by all????
As a side note I didn’t want to get vaccinated but unfortunately needing to travel forced the issue and at least I got Pfizer.

9B59AEBB-300F-4B46-A3DD-53E15E663A78.gif

Great that travel forced the issue. We need more mandates to deal with the holdouts.

21 minutes ago, wadman said:

The problem with Sinovac and Sinopharm is the lack of transparency of the medical data by the Chinese companies.  If there was one available from western countries (an inactivated vaccine, based on the same technology as flu shots), I would take that instead.

Someone earlier in this thread had already posted about a study on vaccinated people requiring intensive care due to covid: Sinovac 0.011%, Pfizer 0.002%, Astra 0.001%.  Barely a difference.

If Sinovac was so good, it be the standard in Western countries. It isn't.

• Confused 1

I guess they are worried about their pockets being too full. Send overseas and start again on the next corrupt vaccine project. Hang on. ATK. That's a good one. Filling the other pockets. This is an admission of guilt. There should be big jail time for these guys. Oh wait. TIT. Big money no jail.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

And who says Pfizer is the gold standard? It's all western propaganda. Pfizer, J and J, AZ, Moderna, Merck all owned by the same shareholders. The same Shareholders who own the majority of the press and media corporations in the west. Time to wake up. 

What? No conspiracy theories, please.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

And who says Pfizer is the gold standard? It's all western propaganda. Pfizer, J and J, AZ, Moderna, Merck all owned by the same shareholders. The same Shareholders who own the majority of the press and media corporations in the west. Time to wake up. 

I guess those who have died and were unvaccinated which looking around the world is the majority will never wake up. Question to you. Have you been vaccinated?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I guess those who have died and were unvaccinated which looking around the world is the majority will never wake up. Question to you. Have you been vaccinated?

Obviously you read and watch the news from the corporatations owned by those who own big pharma. I bet you don't even know who they are? With regard to being vaccinated I am still in the majority. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

No conspiracy theories. It's easy to check who owns who on the stockmarket indexes. Try it

I guess you believe this is a plandemic? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

we have a staff member who had 2 shots of sinovac and a pfizer. 

a month ago she got covid and was off for 3 weeks. 

sinovac is a substandard fake jab from china. Cant believe thai's put up with this <deleted>. 

So in your "qualified" opinion of the vaccines can you advise me of how you arrive at the  definition of Sinovac as fake? Or in extension of your opinion explain the science in an apparent attribution to a single shot of Pfizer as being singularly effective in a remarkable recovery of only 3 weeks?

12 hours ago, John Drake said:

Yes, something there with AZ. I had two shots of Sinovac with few side effects other than some tiredness over three or four days. I received the AZ "booster" on 30 September. Almost three weeks in and I'm still constantly dizzy, tired, and have recurring bouts of nausea. I wish I had never taken the AZ.

I had recurring dizziness and nausea after my SinoVac jab for about 3 weeks. It eventually faded away. After I got my second jab (which was AstraZeneca) I had no side effects other than a sore arm.

People react differently to different vaccines, but hopefully your dizziness and nausea after AZ will fade, as mine after SinoVac did.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, John Drake said:

Yes, something there with AZ. I had two shots of Sinovac with few side effects other than some tiredness over three or four days. I received the AZ "booster" on 30 September. Almost three weeks in and I'm still constantly dizzy, tired, and have recurring bouts of nausea. I wish I had never taken the AZ.

22 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I had recurring dizziness and nausea after my SinoVac jab for about 3 weeks. It eventually faded away. After I got my second jab (which was AstraZeneca) I had no side effects other than a sore arm.

People react differently to different vaccines, but hopefully your dizziness and nausea after AZ will fade, as mine after SinoVac did.

Well, according to some people here, if you still feel the side effects after 3 weeks, then these are "very atypical".  And probably not even due to the vaccine, you are just sick from something else and need to see a doctor...

Note: I have side effects 3 weeks after AZ too, luckily mine are mild. 

• Like 1

It's a good decision.

As many posters observed before, Sinopharm is a pretty good vaccine - better than some of the "western" vaccines if you use the misleading and unreliable "efficacy" measure - but Sinovac is clearly subpar.

China should make a more determined effort to phase out Sinovac.

10 hours ago, wadman said:

'If there was one available from western countries (an inactivated vaccine, based on the same technology as flu shots), I would take that instead.'

I think there are a few on the way from the UK.

So will they change the vaccination statistics and now not count those that were vaccinated with Sinovac?  Even if they don't are those vaccinated with it really  protected in any meaningful way?  And looking forward, what are the odds that booster shots will be mandated for vistors, and expats in order for them to be considered vaccinated?

13 hours ago, Tonypandy said:

Obviously you read and watch the news from the corporatations owned by those who own big pharma. I bet you don't even know who they are? With regard to being vaccinated I am still in the majority. 

No I look at what is happening. Reality. As for majority, the majority of hospitalisations and deaths are unvaccinated. This is not news from cooperations owned by big pharma as you say but from hospitals. 

21 hours ago, lolalol said:

Why don't they order more?  They've been saying sinovac is a good vaccine.

Now they are nearly done using it, and no orders are on the books.... is it perhaps time to face the reality!

34 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

No I look at what is happening. Reality. As for majority, the majority of hospitalisations and deaths are unvaccinated. This is not news from cooperations owned by big pharma as you say but from hospitals. 

You are simply stating what you have heard or read, the only way is via the big news corporations  who control what they want people to know. 

1 minute ago, Tonypandy said:

You are simply stating what you have heard or read, the only way is via the big news corporations  who control what they want people to know. 

When a senior nurse from intensive care says >90% of critical care patients and patients on ventilators are unvaccinated I believe them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tonypandy said:

Not quite. I get it from the horses mouth who is a hospital surgical nurse practitioner, my daughter and my former co-workers in the ER's and on the road. Try again with your conspiracy theories.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not quite. I get it from the horses mouth who is a hospital surgical nurse practitioner, my daughter and my former co-workers in the ER's and on the road. Try again with your conspiracy theories.

A conspiracy is when someone states somthing but cannot back it up, he said, she said. What I stated is fact and can be supported by a simple check on who owns which companies on the stockmarket. 

If you are getting your information from the horses mouth, then maybe you should  ask them thier thoughts on Ivervectum. 

Anybody who is over 40 and doesn't get vaccinated is a bit nutty imo.  I mean I don't like the vaccines at all (they're basically somewhat less than completely safe) but I hate the idea of seeing through the pandemic with a naive immune system even more.  One thing is sure, when the economy is open again you are going to get infected sooner or later.