Questions about the requirements in the official document for the non-O

In my other current thread, a member posted a link to the official document (https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf)

I studied it carefully but unfortunately I came away with even more questions.

It states in section 5: Documents under 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name. What do they mean by that (first part about updating to the same date)? In the case of item 5.3, that one is "Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand." The evidence of the funds transfer will show whatever date it was when the transfer occured. What are they asking for when they say they want that to be "updated to be the same date as the application"? This same question really also applies for items 5.1 and 5.2.

Another confusing aspect of this document is in section 8. Let's say I had arrived visa-exempt and was thus given 30 days. Since I would not yet have been in the country for 90 days, how could I possibly show a rental receipt for the past three months? What are they talking about?

Also in section 8, it says a requirement is a copy of the house registration. What is a "house registration"?

In the "Remarks" section, item 2 says "The applicant who comes to contact must show the notification of residence in accordance with Section 38 and present the accommodation notification." What does "comes to contact" mean? Do they simply mean the applicant who is appearing at an immigration office and trying to get their visa processed? Also, what is an "accomodation notification"?

Item 4 in the Remarks section says the applicant "must prepare the orignals as proof." With that, are they saying that in addition to where they're asking for copies (passport pages, bank passbook, house registration, etc.), they also want the applicant to produce the original documents that were scanned or photocopied to create those copies? That's going to be harder in some cases than in others. For example, item 5.3 is "Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand." Do they expect the applicant to somehow get the original documentation of that from their bank or something? That sounds impossible, or at least it sounds like it would take a hell of a long time to get the bank to produce it and mail it to Thailand. Can someone clarify this?

Edited by PadPrikKhing
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There are some MANY threads outlining in details what to provide for extension based on retirement.

Here is one. Read some.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1178531-2020-bkk-cw-retirement-extension-trip-report/

I should go by what people say in a forum thread and ignore the official government document on the subject?

14 hours ago, Jurg said:

Go and see a reputable Visa Agency. I use an agency for all my Immigration Documentation, no stress! They know the rules too. 

I do all my non O extensions myself, no stress and only 1900 baht.

Know the rules and you're good to go. 

If in any doubt just ask your immigration office prior to the application if there have been any changes.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 3:37 AM, PadPrikKhing said:

It states in section 5: Documents under 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name. What do they mean by that (first part about updating to the same date)? In the case of item 5.3, that one is "Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand." The evidence of the funds transfer will show whatever date it was when the transfer occured.

5.1 A letter from the bank confirming your account is valid must be issued on the day you apply for the non-o visa.

5.2 A update of your bank showing the balance in your account is 800k baht or more on the day you apply.

5.3 That would not need to be updated on the day you apply. If your bank book shows the 800k baht was transfer came from outside the country other proof may not be needed.

5.3 would not be needed if the money has been in the bank for a long time (2 months or more).

On 10/19/2021 at 3:37 AM, PadPrikKhing said:

Another confusing aspect of this document is in section 8. Let's say I had arrived visa-exempt and was thus given 30 days. Since I would not yet have been in the country for 90 days, how could I possibly show a rental receipt for the past three months? What are they talking about?

That would not be needed if you have recently entered the country.

It is mostly a Bangkok immigration requirement done to prevent people from traveling to there to apply for the visa there instead of their local office.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikesil said:

12 years in this country have taught me something:  the law is whatever the person you're talking to says it is.  "Laws" vary not only from office to office, but from person to person within an office, and also from time to time coming from the same person.  Trying to discover the "law" is an exercise in futility.  Published laws and regs are ambiguous in both English and , I am told, in Thai.

Think I am exaggerating?  Go around to a few Amphur offices and ask how to get a yellow book.  Or a pink card. 

Thailand, world champions in ambiguity, confusion, inconsistence.

• Like 1