Kasikornbank changes to K-Cyber online banking service in December

Guys I don't know why some people are receiving the Announcement/Notification of the planned changes when you logon and other people are not.   I was trying to be helpful by giving people advanced notice.  It may all pass by without a hitch and K-Cyber may continue to be available without interruption.

If as seems to be the case from reading between the lines they are going to be using the K PLUS for verification instead of 'just' SMS OTP messages then I shall have a problem as the K PLUS app will not install successfully on my mobile phone in the UK even though it has a Thai SIM and Data Roaming turned on.   This was also mentioned in another post  (see below).  

15 hours ago, trevoromgh said:

If as seems to be the case from reading between the lines they are going to be using the K PLUS for verification

They're already using K-Plus as verification when logging-on to K-Cyber, have been for some time.  Logging in to K-Cyber on my laptop generates a "do you want to log in to K-Cyber" message on the K-Plus phone app.  Clicking "yes" allows 'Cyber use to continue.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They're already using K-Plus as verification when logging-on to K-Cyber, have been for some time.  Logging in to K-Cyber on my laptop generates a "do you want to log in to K-Cyber" message on the K-Plus phone app.  Clicking "yes" allows 'Cyber use to continue.

Interesting but as I never installed K-Plus on my phone I've never seen that message and just use username/password to log-in instead.  My problem if they are changing it to force people to use K-Plus I won't be able to access K-Cyber due to the problem I explained in previous posts. That is why I am nervous of this planned update.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well the new K-Biz website opened for business on 11th December 2021 taking over from the old K-Cyber site.  Initially I believed everything had transitioned correctly and I was able to login on my PC using my previous details without issue, carry out mobile phone top-ups, view statements, verify direct debits were still being processed.

Today however I tried to set-up a new recipient ready for a funds transfer to them but whenever I tried to add the person by adding their account details and hitting CONFIRM the system just logged me out unceremoniously. I've now tried this four times without success.  Would like to chat with them online but they only offer a Facebook messenger or a telephone number.  As I refuse to use Facebook and I'm out of the country right now I thought I'd just check amongst the membership for anyone else who uses K-Biz via a PC and ask whether you too are experiencing issues in this area please?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

Today however I tried to set-up a new recipient ready for a funds transfer to them but whenever I tried to add the person by adding their account details and hitting CONFIRM the system just logged me out unceremoniously. I've now tried this four times without success.  Would like to chat with them online but they only offer a Facebook messenger or a telephone number.  As I refuse to use Facebook and I'm out of the country right now I thought I'd just check amongst the membership for anyone else who uses K-Biz via a PC and ask whether you too are experiencing issues in this area please?

I have just logged in and all of my transfer recipients are gone. I tried to add a new one but I was also logged out.

2 hours ago, trevoromgh said:

Well the new K-Biz website opened for business on 11th December 2021 taking over from the old K-Cyber site.  Initially I believed everything had transitioned correctly and I was able to login on my PC using my previous details without issue, carry out mobile phone top-ups, view statements, verify direct debits were still being processed.

Not yet. The only thing I have found missing from K Plus is the forex page but after 33 minutes on hold to the K Call Centre I managed to talk to a human and she emailed me a link to that page.

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/rate/Pages/Foreign-Exchange.aspx

I will see how the bill payments and money transfer go later this week when I start paying my bills online.

3 hours ago, stubuzz said:

I have just logged in and all of my transfer recipients are gone. I tried to add a new one but I was also logged out.

Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one with issues. I'd be obliged if you can report this to KBank so they get someone fixing it as I have some transfers to do but can't right now and reporting it is difficult from outside the country.

Edited by trevoromgh

4 hours ago, trevoromgh said:

Thanks for confirming I'm not the only one with issues. I'd be obliged if you can report this to KBank so they get someone fixing it as I have some transfers to do but can't right now and reporting it is difficult from outside the country.

If it's that important set up a facebook account, don't need to use your photos, can use different name, the app is easiest to use

3 hours ago, maechanman said:

Just tried logging in and can't get passed the terms and conditions page, you need to tick the 'I Agree' box to proceed and it won't let me tick that box. Tried it on four different browsers on my laptop.

Anybody else having similar problems ? Anyone have any ideas?

Were you able to login all right or is this T&C page before the login?   Which URL/Link address are you using?

You may need to scroll through ALL the T&Cs to the end before it will let you tick the the box.  Try that.

Edited by trevoromgh

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If it's that important set up a facebook account, don't need to use your photos, can use different name, the app is easiest to use

Thanks for the advice. I managed to find their email address in the end so have sent them a message that way. Prefer not to do my banking on the mobile if possible.

4 hours ago, maechanman said:

Just tried logging in and can't get passed the terms and conditions page, you need to tick the 'I Agree' box to proceed and it won't let me tick that box. Tried it on four different browsers on my laptop.

Anybody else having similar problems ? Anyone have any ideas?

As suggested you need to scroll down to the end then you can tick the box

• Thanks 1

I appear to be able to pay bills and effect bank transfers from my PC. What I cannot do is view my "shopping card" details nor adjust the spending limit. I did send an email but received the response that email is not secure and I should telephone them.

• Haha 1

Update:-   Just tested transfer of funds to someone i'd already saved the account details for and that seemed to work fine.  Therefore seems to just be an issue setting up 'new' fund recipients. No reply to my email so far so if someone who uses Facebook messenger or is prepared to phone their Helpline number locally I'd be grateful if you'd do so.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, billd766 said:

Not yet. The only thing I have found missing from K Plus is the forex page but after 33 minutes on hold to the K Call Centre I managed to talk to a human and she emailed me a link to that page.

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/rate/Pages/Foreign-Exchange.aspx

I will see how the bill payments and money transfer go later this week when I start paying my bills online.

I have just paid 4 bills with online banking through my pc and other than getting an OTP for each transaction it was not much different than before.

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I appear to be able to pay bills and effect bank transfers from my PC. What I cannot do is view my "shopping card" details nor adjust the spending limit. I did send an email but received the response that email is not secure and I should telephone them.

Be prepared for a long wait on your phone. Have plenty of drinks and snacks handy. A book may pass the time as well. I contacted them last week and I was on hold for 33 minutes before I heard a human voice. 

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have just paid 4 bills with online banking through my pc and other than getting an OTP for each transaction it was not much different than before.

Thanks for confirming that paying bills is OK.    I've tested funds transfers to existing recipients, top-ups to mobile phone and they both work fine too.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

Be prepared for a long wait on your phone. Have plenty of drinks and snacks handy. A book may pass the time as well. I contacted them last week and I was on hold for 33 minutes before I heard a human voice. 

I rang them twice yesterday Each time there was "no-one available to take my call".

14 hours ago, trevoromgh said:

Thanks for confirming that paying bills is OK.    I've tested funds transfers to existing recipients, top-ups to mobile phone and they both work fine too.

It appears that it's only the "shopping card" that's affected although I haven't tried to use it yet. The system will not let me "view the card details". My current card expires at the end of next month so I will try later to obtain a new one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I rang them twice yesterday Each time there was "no-one available to take my call".

If you do manage to get through to them can you mention that setting up NEW funds transfer recipients does NOT work currently please.  They replied to my email but just said I must phone them. Not a good policy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

My current card expires at the end of next month so I will try later to obtain a new one.

No such luck.

"To Apply New K Online Debit Card will be available soon! Existing customers can normally make transactions."

Except that I cannot amend my spending limit!

They must have paid the Immigration Office to write the software!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, trevoromgh said:

Great news. For me the only thing that has really changed is the main page that had the forex rates on. 

The replacement page is here.    https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/rate/Pages/Foreign-Exchange.aspx

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Great news. For me the only thing that has really changed is the main page that had the forex rates on. 

The replacement page is here.    https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/rate/Pages/Foreign-Exchange.aspx

At those exchange rates I'm surprised if they do much business.  The design style for the Forex page still reflects the 'old' version then.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

At those exchange rates I'm surprised if they do much business.  The design style for the Forex page still reflects the 'old' version then.

I used to get my pensions to KBank directly. I could only roughly guess when it would arrive, how much I would get and what forex rate would apply.

Now I use Wise and I know when it will arrive, how much I will get, how much it costs me and I know what forex rate I will get.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I used to get my pensions to KBank directly. I could only roughly guess when it would arrive, how much I would get and what forex rate would apply.

Now I use Wise and I know when it will arrive, how much I will get, how much it costs me and I know what forex rate I will get.

Wise are brilliant I use them now. It'll be good when they can actually get a bank in Thailand as it would be even more flexible then.

• Like 1

SOLVED:-  My problem seems to be solved now.  I refreshed my browser bookmark/favourite  for the K-BIZ website and deleted my old one then went in and was able to set-up a new funds transfer recipient.  Could resolve other issues people have with the site so worth trying that out folks.  Good luck

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

No such luck.

"To Apply New K Online Debit Card will be available soon! Existing customers can normally make transactions."

Except that I cannot amend my spending limit!

They must have paid the Immigration Office to write the software!

I have today sent this email:

"Yesterday I emailed the above address regarding my Kbank shopping card, which since the system was changed I can neither access the details of same and can no longer change the financial limit.

The response was that a response to this query should be accessed by telephone only as email is not secure.

I rang the telephone number provided twice and both times received the response that there was not an operative available at that time. I also was told by a colleague that he had spent over 30 minutes awaiting a response before being disconnected.

I cannot understand why advising me why I cannot access my shopping card details should constitute a breach of security.

However, my shopping card expires at the end of January 2022 so I decided to apply for a new one (connected to a different account). That also is not possible under your new system.

Please advise."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I have today sent this email:

"Yesterday I emailed the above address regarding my Kbank shopping card, which since the system was changed I can neither access the details of same and can no longer change the financial limit.

The response was that a response to this query should be accessed by telephone only as email is not secure.

I rang the telephone number provided twice and both times received the response that there was not an operative available at that time. I also was told by a colleague that he had spent over 30 minutes awaiting a response before being disconnected.

I cannot understand why advising me why I cannot access my shopping card details should constitute a breach of security.

However, my shopping card expires at the end of January 2022 so I decided to apply for a new one (connected to a different account). That also is not possible under your new system.

Please advise."

I did receive this response:

"Dear Valued customer, due to a large number of emails received at the moment, it may cause the delay in services provided through email channel."

I wonder why?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I did receive this response:

"Dear Valued customer, due to a large number of emails received at the moment, it may cause the delay in services provided through email channel."

I wonder why?

I have now received a response which explains how to access the "shopping card" menu. Obviously I've tried that and it still gives me a single option to register with K Plus, an action that I cannot perform on my PC.

However, they advised

"If the matter still persist in this case please kindly provide us your available mobile phone number and convenient date and time in order to let us coordinate with the concern department to contact you back on the bank business day to facilitate you regarding your request directly."

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

I have now received a response which explains how to access the "shopping card" menu. Obviously I've tried that and it still gives me a single option to register with K Plus, an action that I cannot perform on my PC.

However, they advised

"If the matter still persist in this case please kindly provide us your available mobile phone number and convenient date and time in order to let us coordinate with the concern department to contact you back on the bank business day to facilitate you regarding your request directly."

just don't give them login details when they call