Jump to content

Kasikornbank changes to K-Cyber online banking service in December


Recommended Posts

I have used the K-Cyber online service for many years to manage my bank account in Thailand and by and large it has been a reliable service.  Clearly the KBank managers have never heard of the Western saying 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' because the other day whilst logging in to K-Cyber as usual I noticed a new notification (in Thai) stating changes were imminent.

 

Following the link I was taken to a page which stated the following :-
 

Dear K-Cyber valued customer,
Subject Changes in transaction confirmation method

We would like to thank you for your usage on K-Cyber service with Kasikornbank Public Company Limited (“Bank”) for online transactions, including other transactions. New, more efficient and able to cover more customer applications.

From December, 2021 onwards, KASIKORNBANK will replace the whole new system over the K-Cyber by the new service name as “K BIZ”. Our customer can use the same User ID and Password on the new K BIZ with changes in transaction confirmation method as below.

Change in detail

  • Change confirmation by K Secure to K PLUS
  • Daily limit not exceed 500,000 baht per day, confirm by SMS-OTP
  • Daily limit exceed 500,000 baht per day, confirm by K PLUS

In order to get access continuously on the new system, KASIKORNBANK requests that you download and apply for K PLUS service. You can download and apply for KPLUS service at App Store/Play Store

KASIKORNBANK commits to continue serving our best service for you. Hopefully, we could provide other product and service in nearly future. For more information, please contact K-Contact Center +662-8888888

For more information, please contact K-Contact Center +662-8888888 ext. 03 or [email protected]

Best regards,
KASIKORNBANK

 

Quite why they wish to make these changes is unclear and given Thailand's record of website construction and security such a change fills me with dread especially as it is the only remote access I have to my savings.  So I sent them the following questions on 12th October :-

  

Questions
  1. Currently I login to the K-Cyber service online using my PC browser. Will there continue to be an online website offered for the new K-Biz service?  What URL will it be?
  2. What date will the new K-Biz service start and will my unchanged login details (user ID & Password) be ready then?
  3. You mention having to apply for a K PLUS service. Is this all done online? I am out of the country and won't be back until the New Year earliest so cannot fill paper forms in.
  4. How will the K-Biz service and K PLUS service communicate?  I never had an app called K Secure on my phone before so this is very confusing
  5. Will my existing mobile phone details be copied to the new K-Biz service for SMS-OTP purposes?
     

I have not had any response other than they are very busy dealing with emails and will get back ASAP, the normal s***,  so I have downloaded and installed the K PLUS app but it comes up with an error message stating "For your first-time set up, please disable your wi-fi connection in device's settings and use cellular data to proceed (268)"   I am in the UK now so when I do as they say it still comes up with the same error.

 

Anyway, I thought I'd start this thread to give people a 'heads-up' and see if any other K-Cyber users on this site are going through a similar set of issues at the moment and what progress you've made, if any?

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stubuzz said:

I have just logged in to my KCyber and did not see any notifications.

 

However, a search for K-Biz links to an old 2013 site.

 

https://ebank.kasikornbankgroup.com/kbiznet/login.html#

 

 

Be careful the link you gave me doe NOT look like an authentic site to me more like a fake one.  Which is why we need KBank to tell us precisely.  

 

Notifications are in Thai at top of Home page with flashing 'NEW' sign

 

Edited by trevoromgh
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For clarity the link to the proposed changes mentioned in my original post is the top entry in the  'Announcement(s)/Information' section of the K-Cyber Main Page

 

image.png.ef608a734e819e34f99280dbb64cfd26.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

And KK shall have a maintenance break in service too.... coming weekend 2.00 am - 6.00 am  On Sunday 24 October 2021

Edited by david555
Link to post
Share on other sites

I  DL'ed the K-Plus mobile app several years ago and have never had any problems. Use it to pay bills, transfer money, scan/pay for purchases using QR codes, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this reply

 

According to your inquiry regarding K-Cyber Banking, first of all, we would like to inform you that K-Cyber Banking is the internet browser login service that is separated from K PLUS, so it will not be affected to K PLUS. You still use K PLUS normally.

Anyhow, due to the bank will improve the K-Cyber Banking service to be more efficient and able to cover more customer applications, the bank would like to be ensured about the customer status login. And the new service will be announced soon.

So if you would like to keep the K-Cyber Banking service, please access/login the K-Cyber Banking service at least once within November 9, 2021 to confirm that you still wish to continue using K-Cyber Banking at the link:
https://online.kasikornbankgroup.com/K-Online/login.jsp?lang=en&type= . if you do not login the service within 9 November 2021, the bank may require to cancel your user on 10th November 2021 onwards. If you wish to use the new system, you can apply for the service soon.

Anyhow, in the case that you would like to check the service status, you can also contact K-Contact Center at Tel. (+66) 2888 8800 and press 3, 0 and followed by # to skip (24/7 service) in order to check the service status and make a process with our representative directly.

Remark: Due to this process cannot be performed through E-mail channel since our bank applies the customer's strict security and confidentiality policy. The customer's personal data must be verified through a phone before providing services.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Should you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact K-Contact Center at Tel. (66) 2888 8800 or email us at [email protected] 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

**In order to improve our service via "[email protected]", your feedback is highly appreciated. Please browse on
https://www.kasikornbank.com/th/contact/customer-satisfaction-survey/Pages/social2.aspx?agentID=15252 for our customer satisfaction survey. Thank you.**

Yours Sincerely,
K-Contact Center
KASIKORNBANK PCL.,

Service is our heart, so you can 'Leave everything in our hands'.

KASIKORNBANK Towards Service Excellence.
****************************************************************************
K PLUS and K PLUS SME, Easy for Life and Business
K PLUS - Easy for Life, more features make financial transactions easier for everyone.
K PLUS SME - Easy for Business, flexible manage your business professionally.
****************************************************************************
Referring to the email on 15/10/2021

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply Bartender but as you can see when you compare the reply you got from the K-Contact Center it contradicts the message given in my original post as follows :-

 

According to your inquiry regarding K-Cyber Banking, first of all, we would like to inform you that K-Cyber Banking is the internet browser login service that is separated from K PLUS, so it will not be affected to K PLUS. You still use K PLUS normally.      

Anyhow, due to the bank will improve the K-Cyber Banking service to be more efficient and able to cover more customer applications, the bank would like to be ensured about the customer status login. And the new service will be announced soon.

So if you would like to keep the K-Cyber Banking service, please access/login the K-Cyber Banking service at least once within November 9, 2021 to confirm that you still wish to continue using K-Cyber Banking at the link: 
https://online.kasikornbankgroup.com/K-Online/login.jsp?lang=en&type= . if you do not login the service within 9 November 2021, the bank may require to cancel your user on 10th November 2021 onwards. If you wish to use the new system, you can apply for the service soon.    (In the OP text it says K-Cyber service is being replaced by K-BIZ service yet no mention of K-BIZ in their reply to you)

Anyhow, in the case that you would like to check the service status, you can also contact K-Contact Center at Tel. (+66) 2888 8800 and press 3, 0 and followed by # to skip (24/7 service) in order to check the service status and make a process with our representative directly.    

Remark: Due to this process cannot be performed through E-mail channel since our bank applies the customer's strict security and confidentiality policy. The customer's personal data must be verified through a phone before providing services.   

(What 'process' are they talking about for goodness sake?  This is my main concern that they expect us to go into a branch and as I'm not in the country that is obviously impossible.  So are they just going to cut me off from keeping my finances in order?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bartender100 said:

I had this reply

 

According to your inquiry regarding K-Cyber Banking, first of all, we would like to inform you that K-Cyber Banking is the internet browser login service that is separated from K PLUS, so it will not be affected to K PLUS. You still use K PLUS normally.

Anyhow, due to the bank will improve the K-Cyber Banking service to be more efficient and able to cover more customer applications, the bank would like to be ensured about the customer status login. And the new service will be announced soon.

So if you would like to keep the K-Cyber Banking service, please access/login the K-Cyber Banking service at least once within November 9, 2021 to confirm that you still wish to continue using K-Cyber Banking at the link:
https://online.kasikornbankgroup.com/K-Online/login.jsp?lang=en&type= . if you do not login the service within 9 November 2021, the bank may require to cancel your user on 10th November 2021 onwards. If you wish to use the new system, you can apply for the service soon.

Anyhow, in the case that you would like to check the service status, you can also contact K-Contact Center at Tel. (+66) 2888 8800 and press 3, 0 and followed by # to skip (24/7 service) in order to check the service status and make a process with our representative directly.

Remark: Due to this process cannot be performed through E-mail channel since our bank applies the customer's strict security and confidentiality policy. The customer's personal data must be verified through a phone before providing services.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Should you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact K-Contact Center at Tel. (66) 2888 8800 or email us at [email protected] 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

**In order to improve our service via "[email protected]", your feedback is highly appreciated. Please browse on
https://www.kasikornbank.com/th/contact/customer-satisfaction-survey/Pages/social2.aspx?agentID=15252 for our customer satisfaction survey. Thank you.**

Yours Sincerely,
K-Contact Center
KASIKORNBANK PCL.,

Service is our heart, so you can 'Leave everything in our hands'.

KASIKORNBANK Towards Service Excellence.
****************************************************************************
K PLUS and K PLUS SME, Easy for Life and Business
K PLUS - Easy for Life, more features make financial transactions easier for everyone.
K PLUS SME - Easy for Business, flexible manage your business professionally.
****************************************************************************
Referring to the email on 15/10/2021

i forgot that i received this a couple weeks ago to login or lose it, need it as backup so logged in

Link to post
Share on other sites

The K PLUS app is far superior to KCyber access, more features. I had  both but over time stopped Kcyber because it felt ancient compared. It's an improvement...go with it

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

I will never use a mobile phone based app as a way of accessing my bank account as they are far too insecure.

IMG_20211021_122155.png.4f76846ad41cfb75c7a6bbdf0401bd9b.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trevoromgh said:

I will never use a mobile phone based app as a way of accessing my bank account as they are far too insecure.

i thought they were more secure than web browsers? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i thought they were more secure than web browsers? 

Exactly. But thoughts are free.

 

I have missed/not noticed anything of the OP.

Only message relevant is the oncoming service outage on 24 Oct.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Exactly. But thoughts are free.

 

I have missed/not noticed anything of the OP.

Only message relevant is the oncoming service outage on 24 Oct.

I presume that means you did NOT get the first announcement only the second?

Link to post
Share on other sites

For info I found this 2020 thread about issues using the K-PLUS app abroad which might be of interest to others caught by the proposed changes to the K-Cyber banking service   previous thread  it doesn't bode well to current users if, like me, you want to continue banking online whilst out of Thailand.  If they just stuck to the current SMS OTP verification everything would function just fine but bringing K-PLUS into the equation will screw everything up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update 23/10/2021

 

Finally received a response by email from KBank about the concerns I expressed in my original post.  The text of their response was exactly the same as that which Bartender added to this thread (see above) and so basically if you use the K-Cyber service in Thailand or overseas and wish to continue to use it then you need to ensure you login to your K-Cyber account on 9th November at least once.  I will do so three times to make sure and fingers crossed they will not mess up your access.  Good luck.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2021 at 3:48 PM, trevoromgh said:

Update 23/10/2021

 

Finally received a response by email from KBank about the concerns I expressed in my original post.  The text of their response was exactly the same as that which Bartender added to this thread (see above) and so basically if you use the K-Cyber service in Thailand or overseas and wish to continue to use it then you need to ensure you login to your K-Cyber account on 9th November at least once.  I will do so three times to make sure and fingers crossed they will not mess up your access.  Good luck.

 

 

Unfortunately I've just had another email from K-Bank dated 31/10/21 which seems to contradict the above message as it states :-

 

"Referring to your email please be inform that if you prefer to be migrated to new system call K-BIZ, please access the K-Cyber service at least once by November 9, 2021 to confirm that you still wish to continue using K-Cyber. When the new system is ready; you will be able to use it continuously with your current User ID and Password.
If you do not login the service within 9 November 2021, we may require to cancel your user on 10th November 2021 onwards. If you wish to use the new system, you can apply for the service soon."

 

 

Yet again I have replied to them seeking clarification on exactly what they mean as no-one seems capable of explaining themselves to their customers be they Thai or English speaking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, trevoromgh said:

Unfortunately I've just had another email from K-Bank dated 31/10/21 which seems to contradict the above message as it states :-

 

"Referring to your email please be inform that if you prefer to be migrated to new system call K-BIZ, please access the K-Cyber service at least once by November 9, 2021 to confirm that you still wish to continue using K-Cyber. When the new system is ready; you will be able to use it continuously with your current User ID and Password.
If you do not login the service within 9 November 2021, we may require to cancel your user on 10th November 2021 onwards. If you wish to use the new system, you can apply for the service soon."

 

 

Yet again I have replied to them seeking clarification on exactly what they mean as no-one seems capable of explaining themselves to their customers be they Thai or English speaking.

you are over complicating things, just login as usual before 9 Nov and you'll still be able to access online banking

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you are over complicating things, just login as usual before 9 Nov and you'll still be able to access online banking

As things stand I have no choice but to wait and see and hope things carry on regardless as you suggest.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2021 at 12:22 AM, stubuzz said:

I have just logged in to my KCyber and did not see any notifications.

Same here, nothing.   I was in the branch a few days ago updating my account and no mention was made of any upcoming changes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2021 at 1:52 AM, trevoromgh said:

Be careful the link you gave me doe NOT look like an authentic site to me more like a fake one.  Which is why we need KBank to tell us precisely.  

 

Notifications are in Thai at top of Home page with flashing 'NEW' sign

 

What is it about the link, specifically, that makes you suspect that it's not an authentic site? 

 

I don't have any, nor have I had any, notifications on the phone app or the online banking site on the computer.   

 

I don't think that "we" need anything precise from the bank.   Perhaps it's just you and your phone? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2021 at 6:17 PM, trevoromgh said:

For clarity the link to the proposed changes mentioned in my original post is the top entry in the  'Announcement(s)/Information' section of the K-Cyber Main Page

 

image.png.ef608a734e819e34f99280dbb64cfd26.png

I don't get that notification on my K-Cyber page.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't get that notification on my K-Cyber page.

I don't either and I just logged on twice to make sure.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't comment on the rest of your post, but when downloading my SCB banking app, I recall a similar first time use ot registration requiring use of cellular and NOT wifi connection.

It may be a way of verifying your phone number for security as nowadays a passport or ID is tied to your sim card.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...