COVID-19: Thailand reports 8,918 new coronavirus cases, 79 deaths

webfact

Thailand sets out seven conditions for foreign arrivals without quarantine

From November 1st, foreign tourists arriving in Thailand, without being required to enter quarantine, must meet seven conditions, according to the Bureau of Risk Communication and Health Behavior Promotion of the Disease Control Department, today (Wednesday).

Foreign arrivals must:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-sets-out-seven-conditions-for-foreign-arrivals-without-quarantine/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well I wont be able to do #5 as an arriving foreign traveler, wonder if my Condo's Yellow book will be good enough.  Or how about those that live here in a rental, will a copy of the lease suffice.  Why do these folks think everyone who arrives here stays in hotels and is a tourist.  Gotta be a waiver or such for those that live here and will travel out and back.

I think that is for the one night  that you are waiting for your PCR test results., 

But if you are one of the lucky ones who gets a false positive you are screwed. 

The problem for me is #4

and the requirement for $50,000 medical insurance. In the next few months I qualify for US Medicare that does not cover me in Thailand, If I Leave Thailand , does it mean that in order for me to come back without guaranteeing I would have to buy $50k of worthless insurance? And if so, for how long? if the provision that long stay based on marriage does not require medical insurance no longer valid? 

I wonder what tomorrows announcement will bring?

Vaccinated  Foreigners entering  Thailand without quarantine will be required to wear special uniforms so that they can easily be identified.????

image.png.e1a0c2afe66dfd055cc5c6b42840e543.png 

Edited by sirineou

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

The problem for me is #4

and the requirement for $50,000 medical insurance. In the next few months I qualify for US Medicare that does not cover me in Thailand, If I Leave Thailand , does it mean that in order for me to come back without guaranteeing I would have to buy $50k of worthless insurance? And if so, for how long? if the provision that long stay based on marriage does not require medical insurance no longer valid? 

I wonder what tomorrows announcement will bring?

Vaccinated  Foreigners entering  Thailand without quarantine will be required to wear special uniforms so that they can easily be identified.????

image.png.e1a0c2afe66dfd055cc5c6b42840e543.png 

Medicare is staring me in the face too. You are not eligible for it, you are required to get it. It is fairly complex what with the different drug coverages and gap plans. I may be mistaken, but some of the gap plans may offer foreign insurance for people who travel or live abroad.

However, they make some exceptions for people who live abroad. I am not sure, but it would kind of suck to be stuck paying for Medicare and the Medicare part D and gap insurance if you have little possibility of using it. Especially because you would need to additionally pay for coverage in Thailand. It would be sweet if we could let it lapse and then re-enroll at a later time if you need to, like if you suddenly need treatment for something.

However, for the gap coverage, they said if you don't sign up for it within a certain period of time, the gap insurers have the right to deny coverage for pre-existing conditions. We Americans apparently have a fetish for painful healthcare programs. It really is appalling!