Non O expat in USA wants to return to Thailand

My visa extension expires in 2 months.  I'd like to get back and renew before then.

I'm Non O with a valid re-entry stamp.

I don't have any insurance, yet.  Do I only need to buy 2 months worth of insurance?

Any good recommendation for buying Covid Insurance outside of Thailand?

I own a condo in Jomtien but I don't have any proof of residence with me.

I've seen some websites listing proof of residence as a pre-requisite.

Thanks Joe.  It says insurance must cover the duration of the stay.  What if I'm staying 6 months or more?  My visa expiration date only warrants 2 months of coverage but what happens if I decide to stay long term?

1 minute ago, LALes said:

It also says this insurance is not for foreigners who currently live in Thailand and I do reside in Thailand.

That means you cannot buy the insurance to use here while still in the country.

You will be outside the country and when you return that is when you can use the insurance.

• Thanks 1

My expiration date is Dec.21.  Will I be able to buy a round trip ticket with a return date in January?

If not, will I be able to buy a one way ticket or will I have to buy a ticket that fits into the window between now and Dec. 21?

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will only need 2 months of covid 19 insurance.

See: https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

Thanks for this link Joe.  Have to say it seems pricey to cover my 90 day Non Imm.   Over 12k compared to 7.4k at AXA and I think it only covers Covid whereas AXA covers all potential issues I think (as I read through small print).

5 hours ago, jcmj said:

So what about your place of residence? I’m coming back and have a house in Pattaya. How do I list that or show immigration where I will be staying as it is not a hotel as suggested upon entry?

And I have a condo in jomtien. It seems that Thai immigration has neglected this part of the expat community. There is no information about people in our situation.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you want to buy a round trip ticket that is you choice.

Is a return ticket required for embassy health pass/COE ? or just copy of an entry ticket ? I'd like to convert possible  tourist entry  to retirement extensions/visa on arrival and it will save me some dosh on a needless return !

8 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Is a return ticket required for embassy health pass/COE ? or just copy of an entry ticket ? I'd like to convert possible  tourist entry  to retirement extensions/visa on arrival and it will save me some dosh on a needless return !

For visa exemption or TR visa they will probably ask for an outbound ticket. You can buy a throwaway ticket to KL or Singapore, but you may find that one way ticket costs almost the same as a return ticket with many airlines. If you plan to go back you can buy return ticket with a free date change if you can find one, my Etihad ticket allows me to tweak my return date for free once, second change is $80.

21 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

If I enter Thailand with my new Type O visa that is good for one year and plan to stay I only need to purchase Covid insurance for two months?

I believe he was answering my particular situation.  I only have 2 more months in my extension so I only need to cover that.  You may need a lot longer coverage.

5 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

If I enter Thailand with my new Type O visa that is good for one year and plan to stay I only need to purchase Covid insurance for two months?

There is no non-o visa that allows a one year stay. A non-o visa only allows a 90 day permit to stay.

I suspect you have a one year extension of stay and re-entry permit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LALes said:

I'm all confused now.  I have a retirement extension of one year that expires on 12/21.

I see non-O in my passport.  How do they figure the insurance requirement?

You only need 2 months of covid 19 insurance when you enter the country since your permit to stay from the re-entry permit you have will be for about 2 months.