Thailand sets out seven conditions for foreign arrivals without quarantine

webfact

I have a booking for Feb. 2022.....booked 4 different times in 2021...made sure cancellations costed me nothing....if at first you do not succeed...try...try...and try again....Thailand...no pain...no gain....but such is life in general!...miss my home away from home...

Edited by 13thomas13
spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stigar said:

I use eouropien  .the best cimpany in the world so far.They DONT covverd thailand now because of tracvel restreicitions,My lat trip in thailand i get sick in my hotel.The manaager bin my hotel ordrer a anbalunce.So i ender with a bill about 43.000 ..11 hour i said im ok..thay didnt care..they came in my room many times withnthis and that,,

I understood your post. Sad about your previous experiences.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Have written/electronic confirmation of hotel bookings in Thailand.

Who arriving from one of the low-risk countries is fully vaccinated with a negative PRC test taken 72 hours prior to arrival, with at least US $ 50,000 insurance and is a homeowner, why should have a hotel booking?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greg O said:

My Buddah..You're either open or not !! How bout open internally first..Still can't travel freely to many provinces without travel permits (very expensive) Covid tests and or quarantines..

Yes you can, other than Phuket and perhaps islands in Surat, you can jump in your car and drive anywhere you want without permits. Which many provinces are you referring to?

• Like 1

OK, but in my flight when I arrive a ew people test positive of  Covid.... What is happening?? Does the whole airplane put in quarantine? who will pay for it? What happens ifI am on a 3 wee holiday in THailand and suddenly there is a new outbreak and my country put Thailand on the red list again???

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Ok, but but who's going to check it ? How do you check 40 million health insurances on arrival ? 

Short term with a handful of tourists, maybe, future years and millions , I seriously doubt it

Be possible if they have some sort of COE, just glance at one paper.

• Like 1

Still waiting to hear how those of us that live here and then travel out and back can show proof as the #5 requirement requires.  If as Anutin says we just need to be contactable and be tested within 24 hours of arrival, what stops me from going home, after of course taking a test at the airport, and not booking a SHA+ or ASQ hotel.  The newest roadblock for me is in obtaining the International vaccination certificate.  They want to see the hospital vaccination certificate but also want to see that my passport copy is certified, even though I have to bring the original with me.  Getting my passport certified by my embassy is not an easy thing to do and takes up to 10 days and at a cost of 1750 Thb plus the mailing fee of 100Thb.   

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:
  • Have written/electronic confirmation of hotel bookings in Thailand.

So, if a tourist is booked into a hotel on day 1, and gets a positive pcr test, does that mean that everybody in the hotel will have to quarantine for 14 days?

A recipe for disaster!  But, what else is new!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still waiting to hear how those of us that live here and then travel out and back can show proof as the #5 requirement requires.  If as Anutin says we just need to be contactable and be tested within 24 hours of arrival, what stops me from going home, after of course taking a test at the airport, and not booking a SHA+ or ASQ hotel.  The newest roadblock for me is in obtaining the International vaccination certificate.  They want to see the hospital vaccination certificate but also want to see that my passport copy is certified, even though I have to bring the original with me.  Getting my passport certified by my embassy is not an easy thing to do and takes up to 10 days and at a cost of 1750 Thb plus the mailing fee of 100Thb.   

Who wants to see an International Vaccine Certificate  (yellow book) ?

The Vaccine Certificate provided after your second jab (and held on the MorPhrom app) is sufficient evidence of being fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

Just now, Moti24 said:

So, if a tourist is booked into a hotel on day 1, and gets a positive pcr test, does that mean that everybody in the hotel will have to quarantine for 14 days?

A recipe for disaster!  But, what else is new!

Or everyone on the Airport Rail Link a non tested person shared? 

• Like 2