Thailand sets out seven conditions for foreign arrivals without quarantine

webfact

So everyone is still confused about what is required, now I suspect that there are many people in the same position as I am in, I live in Thailand and as such along with Thais I am not able to purchase this Covid -19 travel insurance that is being offered to tourists who may or not be coming to Thailand. Travel Insurance is available for myself up to the age of 75 for varying periods but non mention anything to do with Covid-19 so if the current situation continues ex pats are simply prisoners in the country. Yes I can get a re entry permit and I can leave the country and can comply with entry requirements for the "home" or destination  country but getting back in Thailand seems to  be an impossibility at the moment unless anyone knows something I do not.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:42 PM, bkk6060 said:

So sorry you won't be coming.  Have you been keeping up on arrival news the past 18 months?

A share of people have arrive in BKK or the Sandbox and tested positive after getting their negative test prior.  A lot can happen within the 72 hour window, seems very naive to think it cannot.

Your bitter opeing sarcastic comment is not good conduct.  I never said that things can not happen in 72 hours.  If they do or don't it should be a non issue. A vaccinated person could get the virus and even transmit long after arriving in Thailand.  So what?  The arriving person did their part by being vaccinated.  there at the moment will NOT be continuous testing of every body, and a vaccinated person is very unlikely to have any symptoms of carrying virus

On 10/21/2021 at 12:14 PM, DoctorB said:

This the restriction that bugs me. I usually come for 90 days, booking into a hotel for 3 nights online first to get sorted. Then I look for a long term place. But this requires room inspection and face to face negotiation to get a good price. I would be very reluctant to book anything long-term on the basis of an online entry. A friend advised that the thing to do is make several successive bookings to cover the whole period, but make sure they all allow free cancellation; but what a farce. It really does look as though Thailand is determined to kill off the old free and footloose tourism; everything now has to be micro-managed.

over the last 17 years and 15 visits, one quickly learnst to see first before paying.  The room they may give you if you are not aware, is the noisy one overlooking the street, have an old long since oil starved noisy bearing in the ductless AC compressor , or a number of other things. 

• Like 1