Thailand sets out seven conditions for foreign arrivals without quarantine

webfact

38 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think if I was in the UK I'd be looking at Spain rather than Thailand. Cheaper food and drink, decent weather, a two hour flight, no nonsense forms to fill in. But that's just me. I wonder what the draw is for them being so keen to get to Thailand.

Agreed. If all this stupidity is still being enforced in January I'm off to the costs Blanca for 3 months instead.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

Mines sitting safely in my Condo in Thailand where I always leave it lol

Sure you must have made portable copy(s) , by preference legalized copy's to be on safe side whenever you need to prove property ?

10 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

Does that mean you can travel anywhere in Thailand? I heard it's only in "Blue" areas..not sure where they are though.

Number 7.   Have negative test results before travelling domestically without quarantine.

1 minute ago, Willy Wombat said:

So you get tested before your flight. 

Which means everybody on the same flight has tested negative.

Why do you need another test in Thailand ?

Why now the same in reverse to fly Europe ? (by western regulations..) , you see Boris opened up U.K. as coved like dead (he wish...???? ) and results are already a speedy climb of contagions .

Test here in Thailand and test by arrival in Europe ....and some more even ...... both sides are reluctant on flight passengers crossing the world 

That why this Covid pandemic is a economic disaster , it is now on the rise again , to the 4th wave in U.K. and starting little but in Europe , but growing no doubt , all politic signals point already in that direction ....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

Why now the same in reverse to fly Europe ? (by western regulations..) , you see Boris opened up U.K. as coved like dead (he wish...???? ) and results are already a speedy climb of contagions .

Test here in Thailand and test by arrival in Europe ....and some more even ...... both sides are reluctant on flight passengers crossing the world 

That why this Covid pandemic is a economic disaster , it is now on the rise again , to the 4th wave in U.K. and starting little but in Europe , but growing no doubt , all politic signals point already in that direction ....

And Germany yesterday 11000 and today 19000 cases.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Not much detailed info at this point.  My belief is every person who enters the country in the future will be required to have some type of travel or other medical coverage.

I'd go further.

My belief is every person who flies in the future will be required to have some type of travel or other medical coverage.

6 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

If your spelling is any indication of your ability to communicate, then they seen you coming. 

Ummm...pot calling kettle black?   "....... then they seen you coming. " What derivative of English might that be? ????

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sun in Croatia?  It's cloudy, raining the next few days. High is 19 or 20C. Low on Sunday will be 10C. I'll stick with Thailand.

That's the problem isn't it?  Everywhere in and around Europe is getting colder now - one of the reasons we "snowbirds" like to winter in Thailand.

These announcements do not fill me with hope for the coming winter though???? Should be "fully vaccinated, negative test before departure and GO!"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Wonder how long the UK will remain on the safe list? Deaths per day heading towards 200, the Govt warning of 100,000 cases per day soon and hospitals already saying they're under serious pressure with the increased case load.

Good point but most of those dying are unvaccinated. Being positive and asymptomatic (when all around you are vaccinated) really doesn't matter too much, don't you think? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Clear as mud as always, when they issue new regulations... 

- what about the previous 100K and specifically mention of Covid inclusion?

- what about the in-country PCR test within 24 hours? Can tourists do it themselves?

- what about the "must be contactable", i.e. the 1-day quarantine?

- where to find the list of countries and how many times per day will they change it?

The forgot to No.8, convert to Buddhism.

I thought they said they would set out the details within 2 days - 3 days ago. This isn't details - still more questions then answers.

I've booked my flight and 1 night in a non quarantine hotel as I planned to get tested before going to my home in any case. So now what, I have to stay at a hotel, not my home?  Sure, it will sort itself out (maybe) but its going to be last minute! Bloody useless!

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I thought they said they would set out the details within 2 days - 3 days ago. This isn't details - still more questions then answers.

I've booked my flight and 1 night in a non quarantine hotel as I planned to get tested before going to my home in any case. So now what, I have to stay at a hotel, not my home?  Sure, it will sort itself out (maybe) but its going to be last minute! Bloody useless!

Aren't today and tomorrow Thailand public holidays, so I guess we wait for next week now?  I'm thinking we'll hear Friday 29th October

Edited by aussiexpat

Why would I/We need "Have written/electronic confirmation of hotel bookings in Thailand" If I am simply going home or is this just another way of saying you still have to do a days quarantine while you get the result of a Covid test on Arrival... So actually not done away with quarantine completely after all.

• Like 2

Still too many hoops to jump through especially compared to going to other holiday destinations! If your fully vaccinated and had a negative test before leaving why do you need another test on arrival and a 1 day ASQ. Do they think you are catching covid on the flight???? This is all about military and control? Good Luck Thailand

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Clear as mud as always, when they issue new regulations... 

- what about the previous 100K and specifically mention of Covid inclusion?

- what about the in-country PCR test within 24 hours? Can tourists do it themselves?

- what about the "must be contactable", i.e. the 1-day quarantine?

- where to find the list of countries and how many times per day will they change it?

Sure, a few details are missing, but having followed these announcements for months, I think this may be the clearest and most sensical, relatively speaking (the bar is low when it comes to Thailand regulations).

Edited by gejohesch
forgot sthg
  • Haha 1