Thailand sets out seven conditions for foreign arrivals without quarantine

webfact

Its just more of the usual <deleted>, with nothing made clear and nothing that the Thais will be capable of managing.

Just as an aside the government decided to cancel the public holiday in Eastern Thailand. You got to love these people, they really raise the bar every time. They got time to worry about cancelling holidays ????

Well, rule number one actually reads:

One night quarantine, which we call "waiting for the PCR-results" in an overpriced hotel, where you will be served outpriced crappy cold food in plastic containers - at your expense! 

So we will see, when those one million foreigners, sinking 75,000 Baht each, will arrive to witness the little New Year's Eve bash so kindly organized by the Tourism Authority of Thailand at the steal (pun intended) price of only 200 million Baht! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where did you go to get one, I will do it in person if there are none of the ridiculous paperwork the App is asking for as well as the e-mail I received.

Where are you based?

I got mine in Buriram immediately after my second jab on Monday.

The passports are issued by the Department of Disease Control. Nonthaburi is the main office I believe; there is an office in Naklua but I understand that there an appointment backlog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

There's 2 PCR tests to negotiate. One in the 72 hours before you fly and one on the day of arrival.

Not really required for double vaccinated tourists imho.

Conditon 3 says PCR within 72 hours before arrival not before you fly (and then also one on arrival)

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Clear as mud as always, when they issue new regulations... 

- what about the previous 100K and specifically mention of Covid inclusion?

- what about the in-country PCR test within 24 hours? Can tourists do it themselves?

- what about the "must be contactable", i.e. the 1-day quarantine?

- where to find the list of countries and how many times per day will they change it?

!00k old requirement this is new, thats why you have to have hotel reservation, test do it yourself not likely, list of countries posted a week ago

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

lose tourist numbers that's what,  in turn lose $$$ ... that's what.     tourists are now looking elsewhere. 

Folks don't need a COE to go to Vanuatu or Vietnam ....  they don't need a smartphone app to go to Singapore,  they don't need a $50,000 covid insurance policy to go to the Maldives. 

get what I mean  ?  

But yet they have been coming

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

There's 2 PCR tests to negotiate. One in the 72 hours before you fly and one on the day of arrival.

Not really required for double vaccinated tourists imho.

Double vacced people can still catch Covid on the plane. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Wonder how long the UK will remain on the safe list? Deaths per day heading towards 200, the Govt warning of 100,000 cases per day soon and hospitals already saying they're under serious pressure with the increased case load.

Wow, I had no idea. I'm thinking of going there soon. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Many Thais haven't been vaccinated yet they are roaming throughout Thailand unchecked when it comes to allowing foreigner who are most likely all vaccinated have to continue with all these restrictions it just continues to double, triple down how these leaders have made Thailand not the Land of Smiles but the Land of Stupid! 

How do you know if the Thais travelling domestically are not vaccinated? 

Of course foreigners who are on tourist visa should be grilled when travelling. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

It is funny that most of SEA is not even open yet, but now that Thailand announced it, other countries are jumping the gun and planning their own reopening. Many think that they will be reopened with no restrictions like prepandemic days, but I think that is being delusional. It remains to be seen what their restrictions will be.

• Haha 1

I have a house in Hua Hin...why do I need proof of a hotel reservation beyond the 1 day required in order to receive the results of the arrival RT-PCR Test?  Also, What kind of Visa's are available to make use this new entry process?

• Like 2