The "Coming Back Process" (From UK)

Hello,

Eleven months in England and it's countdown now to FINALLY getting back to the Land of Smiles.

Just wanted to know if anyone who has recently travelled to Thailand from the UK could clarify a couple of things for me. Firstly I will be applying for a Non-O visa based on marriage to a Thai. I am under the impression I need to book and pay for my flight, ASQ hotel and COVID insurance BEFORE I can apply for the COE. Is this correct?

Plus has anyone had to show funds in the bank? I recently (beginning of October) transferred some funds to my UK account as I was told I had to show 'between 500 to 1500 pounds' that has to have been sitting there for 'between 2 to 3 months' according to the Thai embassy in London. So I cannot really, this being the case, apply for my COE until at least early December. Just wanted to know if anyone applying for the Non O had also had to provide proof of funds and if this was really the case?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ed

Let's first cut through some confusion. The visa and the COE are two completely separate issues.

You apply for the visa through the Thai evisa system which has recently been improved such that you no longer need to send the passport to the embassy for a visa sticker. You definitely do not need any insurance or ASQ hotel bookings before applying for the visa. It depends on the embassy whether they want to see confirmed flights to and/or out of Thailand.

There are lots of threads on the COE process which you would initiate after receiving confirmation that your visa has been granted.

• Like 2

You mention ASQ hotel which means quarantine.  Is this definitely what you want?

If you go to the COE website you'll get a better idea as it has a description of the process before you get started.  Here's one section to give you an idea:

image.png.8949ee5e26856958f31ecff9ddb80938.png

On 10/21/2021 at 5:50 AM, Shannoblic said:

Does "in UK bank" mean just that?  What I am trying to ask is do ESavings in  bank [NationWide] count or must the money be in a current account?

If your a UK citizen returning to the UK theres no requirements to have money in a UK Bank..

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, treetops said:

You mention ASQ hotel which means quarantine.  Is this definitely what you want?

If you go to the COE website you'll get a better idea as it has a description of the process before you get started.  Here's one section to give you an idea:

image.png.8949ee5e26856958f31ecff9ddb80938.png

Things are a changing starting 1 November or thereafter if you would like to go for quarantine-free entry.  All details are not available at this instant.  Also, embassies are or will be soon transitioning from CoE to Thailand Pass.  Unless you want to travel in the next two weeks (good luck!) just sit back and follow the news of these changes.  Then make your plans.

November 1 entry requirements to thailand.jpg

I am from the UK, married to thai with 2 kids, I have been out of Thailand since June 2020.

Due to my work offshore working 4 weeks on 4 weeks off, it has been difficult for me to get back with the quarantine process.

They are changing to the Thailand pass on the 1st of November, I am vaccinated and looking at trying to get back for 2 weeks in November.

My question is, if I receive the negative covid test after 1 night in a sha hotel, can I travel to phitsanulok where I live? 

Thanks in advance for any information 

44 minutes ago, geordie said:

I am from the UK, married to thai with 2 kids, I have been out of Thailand since June 2020.

Due to my work offshore working 4 weeks on 4 weeks off, it has been difficult for me to get back with the quarantine process.

They are changing to the Thailand pass on the 1st of November, I am vaccinated and looking at trying to get back for 2 weeks in November.

My question is, if I receive the negative covid test after 1 night in a sha hotel, can I travel to phitsanulok where I live? 

New rules for quarantine-free entry into Thailand are coming into effect around 1 November.  From what we know now (which I guess is subject to change until all becomes official and published in the Royal Gazette) you would be able to travel to Phitsanulok after receiving a negative covid test result staying one night in an SHA Plus or ASQ hotel in Bangkok.  Basically, the rules mentioned in the leftmost column on the chart below.

The further into November you travel likely the better understood the rules will be.  Travel around 1 November will be a little uncertain as they are also transitioning from Certificate of Entry to Thailand Pass.  I'm guessing by the end of the first week in November it might be a lot clearer and more certain what the new process/requirements are going to be.  I'm not sure you want to be a pioneer on the bleeding-edge if you don't have to be.

November 1 entry requirements to thailand.jpg

11 minutes ago, geordie said:

By the way you should be just fine with arriving in Thailand visa-exempt which will get you stamped in for 30 days and can be extended if needed by an additional 30 days for 1,900 at the immigration office.  You don't have to mess around with getting a visa if you only intend to stay 4 weeks.

8 minutes ago, skatewash said:

By the way you should be just fine with arriving in Thailand visa-exempt which will get you stamped in for 30 days and can be extended if needed by an additional 30 days for 1,900 at the immigration office.  You don't have to mess around with getting a visa if you only intend to stay 4 weeks.

Do I apply for the visa -exempt or just get it on arrival?

Thanks for the replies

Just now, geordie said:

Do I apply for the visa -exempt or just get it on arrival?

Thanks for the replies

You're a UK citizen, right?  Then you just get the visa-exempt entry when you arrive in Thailand, no need to apply for it.  Note, you will still need to go through the formal CoE process or the new Thailand Pass process whatever that turns out to be so you will still be dealing with your Thai embassy/consulate but should be able take care of all online.