Thailand using prisoners to make unproven herbal medicine for Covid-19

webfact

53 minutes ago, webfact said:

allegedly helps fight against Covid-19

So on the premise that it will "allegedly" help fight Covid the put men and budget and resources to work and let people consume it? and when i try to bring some food item or vitamin into Thailand i have to get get an O-Y from the health department for it...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Remand facilities across the country are using prisoners to produce herbal medicine that allegedly helps fight against Covid-19 symptoms, an official said on Thursday.

Would that be people awaiting trial or those awaiting sentencing who are being subjected to these tests?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Would that be people awaiting trial or those awaiting sentencing who are being subjected to these tests?

What tests? The post indicates the prisoners are being used as labor to produce the capsules.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kwaibill said:

What tests? The post indicates the prisoners are being used as labor to produce the capsules.

Ah my mistake-misread OP...however are those being used to produce this product awaiting trial or awaiting sentencing. I always thought remand centres were not prisons as such.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

sounds to me like this operation is more likely to contaminate and spread CV 19 than prevent it

also be interesting to know if this miracle cure is free or just another scam - I think I know the answer

I've filed the information right next to the ivermectin file in the Snake Oil department...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

This do called " miracle " cure is being grown and produced within the Prison confines, and as such is not being tested on the Prisoners at the moment, they are processing it and packaging it..

It has been well documented that  this product was " trialed " on 3000 Prisoners in a Prison at Chang Mai several Months ago, and the Prison Authorities stated that it had good results.

However, I have not heard of any Kosha medical Trials being undertaken on this product, and would question its ability to cure Covid, and also the highly irregular way in which these so called trials were conducted, as there do not seem to be any Medical papers to support its use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

So on the premise that it will "allegedly" help fight Covid the put men and budget and resources to work and let people consume it? and when i try to bring some food item or vitamin into Thailand i have to get get an O-Y from the health department for it...

Same as all the other Herb Meds .They All ways say ,It May Help.

That means Nada.

• Like 1

Im all for prisoners being forced to work, they could  get them clearing the roadside weeds and filling the holes in, seems  this  has been abandoned by me, some roads  now that were  2  lanes are down to one in the centre due to weed  growth, they havent been cut for a year, roads  are just diabolical, been out repairing them myself.

• Like 1

Take it or don't take it. Make your own decisions. I have taken it, because it reduces fever quickly and faster than Tylenol. I don't know if it is the same family of plants as echinacea, but it seems to have the same benefits. I used to take echinacea (https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/echinacea-common-cold#1-3) in the US. I take Fah talai Jone here for the same reasons. And I usually take one or two if I'm going out to a crowded store.

• Like 1

Worth a try contary to present views trying different things and exploring different possibilities is how science and progress works. If you think its snake oil dont take  it. Check the WHO website for what to do to treat covid symptoms. Last time I checked it was isolate and shut the hell up. Your choice.

19 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah my mistake-misread OP...however are those being used to produce this product awaiting trial or awaiting sentencing. I always thought remand centres were not prisons as such.

They are for persons awaiting sentence or who have less than ten years, is my understanding.

59 minutes ago, Sukkaphapsickle said:

Great to see natural remedies vs injecting unknown and unproven ingredients into your body because a government tells you to.   

This particular herb is well known and trusted by Thai folks though it is quite unfamiliar to those farang who are clueless about much of Thai culture.

Ivermectin has been proven over and over again to be effective against the so-called dangerous virus that still has not been proven it is truly a virus.    MSM will not report favorable findings...they are part of the scam. 

Search out on the internet about these items and you will be surprised and stop looking at the MSM liars for answers to your questions.

Bogus information. The Sars ll Covid virus IS a virus, completely genome mapped. Covid vaccines are NOT unknown or "unproven", say five BILLION doses administered so far. Andrographis peniculata is not unique to Thai culture, by any means. It is an Ayurevedic remedy, which originates in India, but I have advised its use for US patients as well, who were pleased with its action as an expectorant and febrifuge, which are quantifiable attributes. All claims could do with some real study, though unlikely to attract notice from the pharma crowd, despite their origins as herbal peddlars.
Antivax propaganda is the true scam.

43 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Take it or don't take it. Make your own decisions. I have taken it, because it reduces fever quickly and faster than Tylenol. I don't know if it is the same family of plants as echinacea, but it seems to have the same benefits. I used to take echinacea (https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/echinacea-common-cold#1-3) in the US. I take Fah talai Jone here for the same reasons. And I usually take one or two if I'm going out to a crowded store.

I am a bit of an herbalist, and also take Andrographis when "home" in AZ. Great for bronchitis, which has been a problem for me since childhood. Also supposed to treat diabetes, though I have yet to notice any dramatic effect there.

It is also known as "Indian echinacea", though not related botanically. Good point.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sukkaphapsickle said:

Great to see natural remedies vs injecting unknown and unproven ingredients into your body because a government tells you to.   

This particular herb is well known and trusted by Thai folks though it is quite unfamiliar to those farang who are clueless about much of Thai culture.

Ivermectin has been proven over and over again to be effective against the so-called dangerous virus that still has not been proven it is truly a virus.    MSM will not report favorable findings...they are part of the scam. 

Search out on the internet about these items and you will be surprised and stop looking at the MSM liars for answers to your questions.

Crazy talk.

This is the <deleted> that should be banned.

On 10/21/2021 at 2:36 PM, Kwaibill said:

and recommended it to others who were gratified by its efficacy,

Big word, efficacy.  People who tend to use it haven't a clue how to use it.  FWIW efficacy is used to describe the results of clinical trials.  You should have used 'efficiency' which is used to describe results in the wild.

Some twenty years ago, I started drinking a cup of Fa Thalai Chon (ฟ้าทะลายโจร) at night before retiring to bed, not because of a particular purported health benefit but simply because I liked its taste. Occasionally, I add a jigger of Grappa or Whiskey to it, making a hot toddy.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 1:23 PM, smedly said:

sounds to me like this operation is more likely to contaminate and spread CV 19 than prevent it

also be interesting to know if this miracle cure is free or just another scam - I think I know the answer

Nothing is free... made in prison for free labour, sold at a nice mark-up for the government?

On 10/21/2021 at 1:25 PM, ezzra said:

I'm sure the Thai FDA have no issue with it.