Thailand's auto production down 6.43 pct in September

webfact

auto.jpg

Source: Xinhua|Editor: huaxia

BANGKOK, Oct. 21 (Xinhua) -- Thailand's auto producers churned out 140,038 vehicles in September, down 6.43 percent from a year earlier, the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) said Thursday.

Auto sales at domestic market fell 19.1 percent year on year in September to 56,871 units. However, auto sales on the export market rose 15.47 percent to 73,831 units because of lockdown easing and economic recovery in international market, according to the FTI.

On a monthly basis, however, auto production increased 34.47 percent from August, supported by rising demands in international markets as many countries have begun to ease their lockdown restriction measures.

Full story: http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/asiapacific/2021-10/21/c_1310260229.htm

inhua.jpg

-- © Copyright Xinhua 2021-10-22

5 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I'm starting to see a lot more red plates in my area again. (mostly 1.2mil up vehicles). I'd like to buy another car but nothing here ticks most of my boxes yet. And they are too expensive. 

Specs are poor on the vehicles manufactured and sold here compared with EU, and probably US also.